Stroll in the moonlight: or "How to Walk a Dragon" (open)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stroll in the moonlight: or "How to Walk a Dragon" (open) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stroll in the moonlight: or "How to Walk a Dragon" (open)

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stroll in the moonlight: or "How to Walk a Dragon" (open) Empty Stroll in the moonlight: or "How to Walk a Dragon" (open)

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Moonlight spread over the austere grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, pools of silver dappled the foliage and greenery of the early spring grass. Moving between the shadows a figure stealthily made his way towards the edges of the forbidden forest, he was dressed all in black, skin tight black skinny jeans, a fitted black long sleeve v-neck t-shirt with a black front zip hoodie and black on black converse sneakers, and wore his thick straight hair combed over his face obscuring the pale flesh from sight lest it too appear moonlike in the gloom of night. Softly a low whistle broke the silence and the slightest disturbance of turbulance whispered through the air. Silvery turquoise eyes followed the distinct form of a small wyvern as it slipped effortlessly between the trees. The soft smile which had formed from t he exultation of freedom from the confines of hte castle wavered as the pet disobeyed the whistle surging ahead and into the deeper inky shadows of the forest itself.

A barely heard curse of "Morningstar...Damn you," flitted from his lips as he shook his head slightly and continued on his path towards where the creature had broken through the trees. Wyverns are notoriously unpredictable by nature, adnd Morningstar was as strong headed and independent as any.

Eventually Alester broke through the first line of trees and stepped into the appreciably darkness of the forest. His familiar was perched about ten feet ahead stretching it's golden and purple wings in delight at the game it had created. "I shall not follow you all night you fool beastie; you are supposed to come when called! What if I had need of you? You must obey, especially here."

He hated to have to reprimand his pet and friend, but the wyvern was impulsive and Alester needed him to understand they weren't home anymore and his games couldn't take precedent over Alester's commands. The regal golden purple head ducked regretfully and Alester couldn't help but chuckle at his wayward beast. He whistled low again, a higher pitch and the wyvern took to the air again leading Alester deeper into the forest. This whistle had been a command to lead him to the site the wyvern had indicated earlier. Alester could "speak" to Morningstar, well they communicated anyhow... it wasn't really conversing, but it was effective.

Alester looked around, he was almost certain he felt the presence of another human in the vicinity, but Star had not acted as if it were a threat so he pushed through the tangle of underbrush moving forward and deeper into the dense foliage and tangled briars of the forest floor. He heard a telltale crunch of underbrush and wondered if it were an echo of his own near silent maneuvers or if there really were someone following him. He decided to act as if he were unconcerned and had noticed nothing, he would let them come to him as his pet led him through the onyx night where the moonlight couldn't even intrude.

((So this is open if someone should choose to follow... or insert yourself ahead so we can interact... anyhow someone come play with me! please...))
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Stroll in the moonlight: or "How to Walk a Dragon" (open) Empty Re: Stroll in the moonlight: or "How to Walk a Dragon" (open)

Post by Samantha Burns Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Sammy had been weakened by the depletted Blood supply the evil DE's that where running the school had given her. She was out in the forbidden forest hunting some deer, unsuccessfully. She was to weak to use her vampire speed, and was too thirsty to think straight. If a human where to walk by now, she would probably drink them dry. She was dressed in her hufflepuff robes, she was to weak to even change clothes. She was thinking about Keegan as she triped over a rock and landed on the ground. She turned herself over, stared at the stars, and awaited death.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Stroll in the moonlight: or "How to Walk a Dragon" (open) Empty Re: Stroll in the moonlight: or "How to Walk a Dragon" (open)

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Ne'Os had been tracking a human for a while now. since the Death Eaters had removed the defences he had slipped in and was hunting who ever entered the forest. Strange he could smell another Vampire but this forest was a dark place it was possible he wasnt the only one around. Ne'Os could see the human he was following. The human apeared to be male with some kind of bird infront of him. Ne'Os was high up in a tree. He wore a leather outfit to allow him better movement. He had two Daggers on his belt and the elder wand in hand. He would wait until the moment was right to attack.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Through the tangle of trees the Wyvern lead him, though only as big as a large owl the half dragon was fiercely loyal to Alester and a good companion to have in as forbodning place as the Forbidden Forest. Alester thought it strange that no one had been able to give him a clear reason why it was forbidden save for the animals and beasts who wandered there. Tonight he was comfortably wandering around through the trees with his familiar, but he felt that presence again...

He broke through a clearing and saw the form of a young woman laying sprawled on the ground. She looked weak and Alester pondered whether to help or not. There was a sense of foreboding about her, and Star was keeping his distance.

Can I help you Miss? Are you hurt? He called out lightly into the night and in her general direction. A soft murmur sounded from Star warning Alester to be wary. He held a card in his hand ready for whatever she might try; the Magician, having what you need for the course ahead of you. It was a peculiarity of his to use Tarot cards to direct his magick instead of the traditional wand; although he had that too tucked in easy reach in a little holster he had made. He had not forgotten the minute sound of a possible pursuer behind him as well and he was on guard.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:24 pm

As Sammy lay there awaiting death, she smelled the warm pulsing blood of a human. This made her senses tick and her energy gain. She heard the voice of this human and turned her head slowly to look at him. Her dark black demon eyes, gazed at the pulsing blood vesel underneath his tight skined neck. She licked her lips then sprung to her feet. She could feel the burn of thirst on her throught. Her only thoughts were to quinch that thirst. She ran at him in vampire speed, the only energy she had left.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:27 pm

Ne'Os smiled his fangs showed he could see sam he jumpeddown from the tree and ran to intercept her he raised the elder wand and sent a stunning spell at her. he stood infront of Alester. He would be unabile to see his fangs or his jet black eyes.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:34 pm

The unaware boy watched as she closed the distance. She had seemed so weak but then she had moved with a speed his eyes could not even follow. Star had cried out in warning and the Tarot card grew warm in his hand. Then the pursuer was definately there and ahead of him, moving equally in the inhuman speed...he intercepted the female; but did that make him friend or foe?

Alester stood his ground firmly holding the card between forefinger and thumb; turquoise eyes shining silvery in the absence of any light. Hail sir, friend or foe I thank you this night. But I fear you are too much in her stead. I came not to fight, but to find something...Perhaps it is you which I seek? He spoke with no inflection in his voice. No malice, no anger, nor excitement and definately not fear. Just blank curiosity.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Sammy was to weak to get out of the way of the stunning spell. She flew backwards from it force, hit her head on a tree, then layed face down on the ground. It would only take her a minute to gain the energy to stand back up. She listened to their conversation as she layed there.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:46 pm

"Well what is it you were looking for?" he asked avoiding the freind or foe part and not turning to face him he was watching sam still "and why would you look for it herei n the forest during the night time?" he asked his v oice with a slight irish accent his eyes turned back to green and his fangs dissapeared he turned to face the human giving hima warm smile.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Alester considered the inquiry; it was a fair question. I could not tell you what I seek, only that I do. Allies perhaps more than anything, like minded people with whom to discourse. Actually, I do seek for something... A smirk colored his features as the other man turned to face him. I seek power, in whatever means I may achieve it. Thus I seek allies to aide me on my path, hence why I indicated you might be whom I seek, you have power --I feel it; Morningstar feels also it which is more important. She has power too; even if she is weakened at present. He looked at the girl as he spoke about her; and then back at the boy. My name is Alester Crowley, and may I ask to whom I am indebted?
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top