Shipper On Deck
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Shipper On Deck Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Shipper On Deck

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shipper On Deck Empty Shipper On Deck

Post by Sandra Archer Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:37 am

Ship noun, verb, shipped, ship-ping

Noun: Short for romantic relationship, popularized in fanfiction circles.
Verb: To endorse a romantic relationship.

Noun: I see a ship developing between Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley.
V: I ship Ron/Hermione

Shipping according to Tvtropes: quickhttp://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Shipping

*A red curtain is quickly drawn back, revealing a large red sofa. Two people sit on the sofa, one a small, young blonde boy in a casual suit. The other is an older woman, also blonde, who wears a stylish black dress. A tattoo can be seen on her left arm. They both smile*

BOY: I'm Keith.
WOMAN: And I'm Sandra.
BOTH: And this...is Shipper On Deck!

*Snazzy theme music plays, and the camera pans over the studio audience, eventually returning to Keith and Sandra*

KEITH: Hello. As you all know, I'm Keith, and this is my lovely partner Sandra.
SANDRA: This is a little show we call Shipper on Deck. *She laughs* Now, I know what you're thinking: Shipping? What? I've heard it before but...
KEITH: Well, don't be confused. Shipping is the act of pairing two characters together, and is actually quite common among fans of many different media.
SANDRA: Just ask the Pokemon crowd! *They both laugh* But in all seriousness, don't. They're crazy.

KEITH: Basically, we're here to introduce you to the common ships and whatnot of Potters Army. We're a large, respectable Harry Potter RP site, we should have ships of our own!
SANDRA: And that's where we come in. Today we take a look at PA's most popular ship...Ginevra Malenki and Darren Riddle.
KEITH: Shippers have a habit of giving their ships names for the sake of time and sanity. This is most often done by combining the names, though some name them differently. For the sake of our writer, we'll simply combine names.
SANDRA: So, from now on, when you see the word: Darevra, we're talking about the DarrenxGinevra couple.

KEITH: Darevra is a ship that has transcended time. Seriously. This thing should have a website dedicated to it.
SANDRA: Right you are Keith. For those who don't know, Darevra is far and away the most popular and well respected ship on PA. Despite the fact that the two characters are not together, this ship holds a strong and loyal fanbase.
KEITH: Trying to chronicle the entirety of Darevra would be like trying to eat the MOON. It's impossible. All that we can safely reveal is that Darevra may or may not have happened in the past.
SANDRA: Whether it did occur or not is irrelevant, only that it caught on like wildfire. Two strong, independent characters, both played by veteran, experienced rpers? It could only end well.
KEITH: Darevra has a tendency to pop up randomly and confuse newer members-
SANDRA: And by 'newer' we mean anyone who wasn't here at the beginning of the site.
KEITH: But a few posts make it abundantly clear to this clueless newbie that Darevra is the ship to ship.
SANDRA: Unfortunately, due to lack of activity by either character, the ship has recently been shunted to the sidelines. But still, and forever more, the Darevra flame glows bright.
KEITH: Well folks, that's all for now.
SANDRA: But be sure to tune in next time as we cover the infamous Ne'os and Sam. This is-
BOTH: SHIPPER ON DECK!

*Snazzy theme music plays again. Screen fades to black*

Last edited by Sandra Archer on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Shipper On Deck Empty Re: Shipper On Deck

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:42 am

xD it is very nice, but Andrew and Chase are now dominating the scene Razz Darren has been gone for who knows long xD
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:34 am

Idk Andrew Darevra is pretty big. And you and chase are nothing compared to me and Sam i mean she turned Ne from wanting the world to burn to a proper gentlemen who would kill the darklord if it meant she would be safe. And who knows even though he tried to kill her there could still be potential for us to. *looks at Sam and smiles* Cant wait for the next episode Sandra.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:38 am

I'm kinda rooting for a Jack/Vito Episode XD I think that would be exciting!
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:50 am

Well still, nothing beats Chase+Andrew...NOTHING.

and yesh, we need an episode abut Vack!
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:25 am

But here's the thing, those are actual relationships, and always were, Darevra blatantly denied any form of relationship, or friendship, at all, and it was something that went along for ages and ages, yes, of late the ship has been docked at port, but in all reality, among the older members of the site, and some of the newer ones, danevra will never be beaten.

My final argument, do you hear anyone else talking about Andrew and Chase? No, you do not, no one else cares, or notices, whereas most everyone was obsessed with Danevra.

Ne'os and Sam was an interesting one, but twas not nearly as big as Danevra
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:39 am

Jess how about you actually read about the whole Chase/Andrew thing instead of just looking back at Darren and Ginerva. I mean sure they are still a good 'couple' and all, but I really think you need to look towards some of the more recent ones. And yeah, I think Sam/Ne'Os was good as well, being as both were kinda messed up at the time xD
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:45 am

well you get married at a young age and see how messed up you are.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:47 am

Well shes 14...you should have been arrested for child molestation xD!
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:56 am

i'm only 3 years older than her...thats not against the law though ill admit the laws in Europe are a bit unclear to me (didnt consider that when we were dateing)
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top