Stuck in Second Gear - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stuck in Second Gear

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 10 Empty Re: Stuck in Second Gear

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Unsurprisingly, her cheeks burned When he was blunt enough to mention precisely why he wouldn't have an issue. Although her gaze fell to the floor for a moment, Adrienne lifted her chin to watch him as he spoke. When an idea came to mind, she couldn't resist.

So she sat up as his challenge of sorts came to a close, crossed the room, and perched herself on the end of the piano bench. The hand closest to him lifted, her fingers passing over the keys in front of her without creating a sound.

"Does that mean," she wondered, her face the absolute portrait of innocence as she glanced sideways at him from beneath her lashes, "that you're not thinking about me when you do that? I rather liked to think you might," she added, turning her attention on his hands as they pressed into the keys. "But as you claim it doesn't count against you, I suppose not."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:31 am

Even though she ducked her chin, Adrienne was laughing a bit as well. "To be fair, I didn't think on it until you brought it up. But, sure. Take from it what you will."

She turned her head to look at him as he moved, and ended up gasping audibly when he drew her in. She obviously didn't have an image of his home in her mind, but she could practically picture it as he spoke. When he leaned away, she wasn't entirely sure what he was after, but she figured she could make something of an educated guess, given the direction of the conversation thus far.

"Would it be pathetic for me to admit that I have that same image every other Ravenclaw must have? The whole library thing. Because it isn't at all about the books. I mean," she paused, drawing in a breath, "have you ever thought about it? Hiding between the stacks because you couldn't focus on school work long enough to convince yourself not to do anything..."

Her hands fell to the knee of his that was now in front of her, sighing a bit. "Is that what you wanted to know?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "I may have less of a wild side than you imagine, but that's the main part of it. So far, anyway."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Adrienne made a disapproving and affronted sound, tossing him a baleful look after he kept on, never giving her the chance to correct him. After a time, she gave up and just pursed her lips at him. That is, until he poked her side and she let out a frustrated squeak.

Swatting his hand away, Adrienne silently acknowledged the fact that she had very little chance of convincing him he was wrong about Ravenclaws - in general, not even just her.

"I am, in fact," she replied, choosing to drop the exhibitionist comment entirely. "Though I can't really say that I can see what it matters right now. Why? Did you intend to suggest a visit? I'm not sure it works the same way if it's all planned out, besides."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:56 pm

Perhaps Adrienne was worse at acting casual than she thought. His response actually disappointed her, and she half wanted to say that she actually would need to go to the library at some point anyway, because she wanted to do some additional research on families like Kaiden's. But she decided that it might be best to keep that to herself for a bit.

So when he moved, Adrienne straightened up but stayed where she was. "Right," she replied, feigning nonchalance.

Was it so wrong to wish for a surprise, rather than some planned, obvious response to her ideas? It wasn't bad, of course, to think he had considered it. If he actually had. She wasn't sure anymore.

[ooc: I'm not 100% what to do with this bit, but I do have an idea for a sort of time jump, so if you're up for me moving it maybe shoot me a PM and I can edit it in? Or if you have a preference we can chat about where to aim next.]
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top