Stuck in Second Gear - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stuck in Second Gear

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 2 Empty Re: Stuck in Second Gear

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:02 pm

This was so strange. Not because she wasn't sure why she was there, of course, but because she didn't know him very well, yet she was moving in with him. Perhaps she would be expected to find a place of her own once the trouble with Kaiden's parents was over. She had never lived on her own before, but she was self-sufficient enough, she supposed. Still, she tried to push that away and focus on what he was saying. Adrienne considered pointing out that she had a couple more bags in her pocket, but those were mostly toiletries and clothes, so she figured there wasn't a point, really. Being pedantic right from the start wouldn't help, so she did as he suggested and set her bag down against one of the walls.

There was something funny about the way he was explaining his flat, as though he wasn't used to explaining what he had within his home, or where anything was. Well, he had been at Hogwarts for a while, she mused as she moved over to stand next to him and let him lead the way.

"Oh, um, yes. Technically, I have." Adrienne replied, nodding. "Dinner was when I brought it up. So I was nervous, I guess, which didn't help my appetite. I might have overreacted to his mother's reply, I suppose. I just sort of took off. But I think it's better not to be there when they now know I want nothing to do with it," she added with a slight shrug, glancing over at him. "I'm rambling. Sorry. I'm... I'm just a bit embarrassed is all."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Adrienne was immediately grateful that his kitchen had that island there to separate them once he spoke. It perhaps shouldn't have done, but it almost felt like she was a child being scolded. Her face fell and she looked down at her hands as she fidgeted. "I was just..." She faltered, paying to let him continue.

When he did, though, Adrienne felt her own anger flare before she could tell it not to do so. "Did you expect otherwise?" She snapped, looking up at him finally. "I don't know you that well. I'm in someone else's home. Why should I feel comfortable or try to make you feel sorry for me? I was trying to explain, but I don't want to sound pathetic. I may be in a hell of a mess," she admitted, surprising herself with her decision to curse, "but that didn't mean I want to be pitied! I'm tired of people pitying me. Particularly if I don't know them all that well.

"So I'm sorry, but I can't help it."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:53 am

Adrienne let him say all he wanted to, deciding it was smarter to temper her frustration by giving herself a moment to collect herself and appear more calm than she felt. The points he made were valid, of course, but she realized belatedly that it would be easy for him to misunderstand her meaning.

When he finished, she hesitated before releasing a chagrined, "An omelette would be nice."

With a sigh of slight disappointment - granted, it was directed at herself, Adrienne leaned forward on her arms, facing him from across the island. "The pitying comment wasn't expressly about my current situation, actually. I mean, it sort of applies because I feel like I should be able to handle this without having to ask for help. But still.

"There's something... troubling that I should mention." She admitted finally, both in an attempt to convince him she could be open as well as in hopes that he might tell her she was wrong. "My brothers- I have to of them. One younger, and one older. Asher was the first of us to have magic, and now Wyatt does as well. My parents are awfully confused, to say the least. But Asher came into this world first, and quite rapidly got caught up in things he shouldn't have.

"The Death Eaters practically claimed him, and he disappeared right before I went into my first year. I never had him to show me what to do like Wyatt has me, now. But we didn't know... We thought something had happened. Until Audriana looked for him. Kaiden knew her, which now doesn't surprise me. But he didn't want to see us."

Shaking her head, Adrienne stepped around the island and crossed her arms over her chest for lack of an idea of what else to do with herself. "He's one of the men I was so surprised by at the Leaky. It was strange to see him, but I realize now that Kaiden knows him, too, now. I don't want to think he'd ever sink so low as to use him against me, but I just don't know. His parents are a massive influence over him."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:09 am

Her mouth lifted in a sort of grimace, able to stomach the fact that he was right, but also feeling slightly awkward that it had been laid out in front of her. She had never really had someone try to figure her out before; she was too independent to listen and too concerned with taking care of others to bother asking.

Well, that wasn't entirely true. She had given teaching a go, and that had not gone well. "I did ask for help when I was teaching at Hogwarts," she pointed out unhelpfully. "But I suppose you're right. I avoid having to do so."

She nodded at his reminder of the company that his family kept, but didn't know quite how to answer his question. "He never said. It sounded like he was trying to protect us. Mother is a witch but a self-proclaimed poor one. So they didn't expect to have children with magic, nonetheless a Death Eater for a son. Perhaps he really is just trying to keep us safe," she said, her tone a bit too hopeful despite her knowledge that she could be quite wrong.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:39 am

"Do you always interrogate your visitors?" she asked automatically, unable to help herself. "Or is it that you trust me less than you would have me believe?"

As you can tell, reader, Adrienne is an absurdly skilled conversationalist. Really, she was just more concerned with avoiding any further attempts made by Selwyn at figuring her out. It wasn't that she didn't want to get to know him or that she wanted to hide who she was. Instead, he seemed too skilled at discerning the parts of her that she wouldn't have simply mentioned under other circumstances.

She hesitated to follow him, but he seemed to be trying to change tack and settle things down. She could definitely understand that desire, so she did her best to seriously calm her temper. "House rules," she repeated slowly, nodding her head once. She didn't understand what he could have to tell her that was unpleasant or secretive, but it must have been true for him to seem so concerned about it. "Okay. No lying. Not that I really like to do so usually, mind. But I agree. Um. While we're discussing it... I don't think you're the type, but I'm really weird about people touching or moving my things. I doubt that's really relevant, but I don't know, really, what else to say. What other rules did you have in mind?"
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top