Stuck in Second Gear - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stuck in Second Gear

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 3 Empty Re: Stuck in Second Gear

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Her face finally registered understanding when he spoke of the Order, but a part of her bristled nonetheless. People within the Order had ruined her potential career at the Prophet, and just because she had not been fired yet didn't mean she was wrong in her understanding of the looks they sent her way. Maybe Selwyn knew whose idea it had been, Adrienne mused. She didn't think it was the right time to ask, though, so she tried to focus on the warning he gave her.

"Okay, but... When you say you shapeshift, what exactly do you become?" Adrienne asked slowly, pushing around the food on her plate so she could find the right words. "Why would I need to be afraid of you?"
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Everly Bardugo Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:28 pm

"Just because I was in Ravenclaw doesn't mean I study everything under the sun, you know. I never knew a Veela - or assumed I didn't, clearly - so it wasn't important to me." She shrugged. Then, tilting her head, she added: "Might have to look into it now, though."

And she meant it. At least until he explained what happened to him. Then, her eyes grew wide and her expression was nothing if not worried. "You must've been so scared," she whispered finally, that worry transferring directly to him. "I can't even imagine."

His last sentence did well to calm her nerves, actually drawing out a smile she had not expected. "I won't claim to be the bravest person, nor even the bravest Ravenclaw. Both would be lies. But I don't feel afraid of you. Even with that. I promise I'll do as you asked, though, if anything happens. I won't get in the way."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:02 pm

Adrienne found herself glad that he hadn't really had much of a struggle with it, growing up, but it was still rather difficult to wrap her mind around it. When he changed topics, she made a mental note to look it up later instead of continuing to bother him with it. If anything else came up, she chose to believe that he would discuss it with her.

"I can assure you I've never stabbed anyone," she put in, a slight huff escaping dramatically. It was a bit of a show, but it sort of happened without her thinking about it. Rarely did sarcasm get the best of her as of late. It was actually rather fun to let it out.

"But, in all seriousness... It isn't because it's you. I just take a bit of time to feel comfortable, really," Adrienne shrugged, pausing to bite down on the inside of her cheek for a moment. "I'm very thankful that you're allowing me to stay."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:17 am

Adrienne immediately flushed pink at his question, her eyes widening slightly. She should have looked away, really, to avoid feeling that additional embarrassment. But she didn't want to make it clear just how well she remembered it. "Yes, of course," she replied after a moment, her voice almost breathy. She really did try to pretend it was nothing important, but she failed.

"I- I don't know," she admitted quietly, unsure where he was going with it. "I like to think I know my own mind well enough to determine that it was real. In the moment, though? I might believe you. But, I mean, there are books to prove it. So I guess... It would depend on when you asked."

Of course, her answer was a bit too much. She always seemed to ramble on when she didn't have a solid answer, as if she was sure that, somewhere in her ocean of words, something would make sense. Or, sense enough for the other person to figure her out. At least Selwyn seemed able to do that well enough, so far.

"I don't mean to be like that," she added after a moment, shrugging her shoulders a bit. "So maybe you're right. I'm just nervous and... confused. Not about you, but about them. The confused bit, I mean. I'm obviously still nervous," Adrienne nearly laughed, pulling on a section of her hair.

"Maybe it would be wise for me to try and sleep, and we could maybe talk in the morning about our schedules so we know what the plan is? You'll have to show me where I'm meant to stay, but.. It might help."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:44 am

Adrienne's chin remained directed at the floor, but she sort of peeked up at him when he spoke. She was sure that what he said was true and well-informed. It sounded familiar somehow, though she couldn't place it. But then he came closer and she forced hersel to look as him properly.

Worry lines creased her forehead as his concerns were voiced, but she didn't think she really had an answer for him. What could she say, really? Sure, the house she had just run from was something far too unusual and spooky for any normal person to want to choose as their home. After all, she absolutely refused to sleep on her own in that bizarre and frankly awful room. She hadn't spent more than a few nights there. Even going in to pack her things had been a strange occurrence, she realized now.

And sometimes she wasn't entirely sure that she had made any sense, when it came to talking to his parents. After all, she was a halfblood. Surely the things she said and did weren't so very strange to them. But Adrienne didn't think any of that counted in the category Selwyn was trying to explain to her. Even if it did, she didn't want to break the sort of moment that had now that he was being so open with her. She could explain later.

So although she was trying to work through it all, his action wasn't lost on her, and she released her hold to allow him to sort of take over the worrying of her hair. The way he toyed with it wasn't quite the same, though, and she could only watch the movements of his fingers until he spoke again and her gaze jumped to try and meet his.

"That would be nice."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top