Stuck in Second Gear - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stuck in Second Gear

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 4 Empty Re: Stuck in Second Gear

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:29 am

When he told her not to mess with the piano, she wasn't really surprised, but she could admit to being slightly disappointed. That was only because she enjoyed the sound of the instruments, mind. She wasn't any good at actually playing them. She laughed a bit at his apparent lack of knowledge about the rooms in his flat, but then, she supposed that most rooms could be any number of things and decided to just go along with it.

At his question, she realized that she had left the bag by the floo, so she popped in to swipe it up and back onto her shoulder before returning to his side. "Sorry, got it," she said with a smile, determined to be more pleasant than she had been thus far. "All good."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:44 am

When he showed her the rooms, Adrienne was conflicted. Luckily, they weren't decorated similarly to the one she had just run from. But they did mean sleeping alone again. To be clear, Kaiden had never been anything to her in any way that remotely belonged under the umbrella of 'bedroom topics.' But she also didn't have anything to be afraid of until the threat was finally vocalized and Kaiden knew just as well as she did what was supposed to come next. Until then, they had simply stayed on their sides, maybe tried to talk (though it always failed), and she was ale to fall asleep knowing that harm wouldn't come to her while she had a witness. A poor one, perhaps. But better than nothing. And she knew Keiran was watching him, so funny business would not be tolerated.

This was different, though. Selwyn had said as much back at the pub, hadn't he? They might look for her, even if only to save face. But the Poliakoffs were strange and definitely the sort of people who would go out of their way to get what they wanted no matter the cost. And they wanted a legitimate heir. It wasn't her fault they'd picked her, was it? Why did it have to fall to her to fix it?

So she stood hesitantly in the doorway, sure that the sheets would be cool and the room would be quiet and, on the whole, she could be comfortable. She could probably manage at least one night. Just to prove to herself that she could. Stepping in, she dropped her bag to the floor, and the noise it made was already enough to make her jump.

In that moment, she hated him. Kaiden, that is. Whether he meant to or not, he had helped his parents turn her into this idiotic mess of a person and she had no idea how to stop it.

"Wait," she said finally, turning over her shoulder and returning to the doorway. Her hand found the doorframe and the other arm wrapped around her torso. She had absolutely no idea how to say it. He would have wards up, surely. He would laugh at her, almost definitely. She didn't know him well enough to presume otherwise, even if she should have given him the benefit of the doubt.

"I'm not really used to-..." she gestured vaguely to the room she was supposed to call hers, "... alone anymore. If someone finds me, I wouldn't know my way around, besides," she added, clearly seeking an excuse or two. "I just... I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:20 pm

Adrienne realized belatedly that she would probably regret saying anything. He seemed upset with her, so her instinct to simply return to her room came up but was stifled as his hand took up hers. Her free hand curled around his arm without Adrienne willing it to, and she didn't even notice it until they were staring at his room and he spoke again.

Her hands drew away and she silently willed him to release her fingers from his grasp as she spoke. "I wasn't asking you to," she replied quietly. She wasn't sure what, exactly, she had been expecting. Not anymore. "I wouldn't.

"The futon is fine. I'll go back to the other room tomorrow. It's just been a strange day," she muttered, pulling away properly to walk back to her things and get ready for bed.

It wasn't too long before she returned, wondering how long she would stare at the ceiling before finally being allowed to sleep.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:02 am

Surprisingly, a smile brightened her features at his suggestion. Not because she was desperate to watch television or anything, but because she wanted to laugh at herself. Here she was, worried about if she could sleep on her own (after leaving a terrible relationship, mind), and he was doing all of this work. But instead of asking for help, he asked if she had ever watched the telly before. She wasn't sure what he would think if she turned around and offered to help. She couldn't take his place off of the floo network. She could probably move the furniture, but she had no idea where the thing was or where in his room he wanted to put it. So that wouldn't be helpful.

However, she did have the chance to change the mood of the flat, which she knew full well had been altered because of her presence and her pessimism. But he was still retaining an air of friendliness that she wasn't sure she deserved.

"You'll laugh," she assured him gently, "but I may have brought a book with me. I did have a telly at home, but I never preferred it. So, if you tell me where I'll be out of your way I can just read for a bit. I'd like to be of some help, really, but I'm not sure what I could do. Besides getting out of the way," Adrienne laughed, the sound almost shy as she pushed her hair out of her face.

"Maybe I can help with meals or something to pay you back for everything. Or rent, maybe."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:14 am

Adrienne's cheeks colored rapidly, unsure that she had ever actually seen this side of him before. She didn't actually know how to respond to it at first. At least it didn't sound like he had grown too weary of her, despite her actions that evening. Or, if he had, he was very good at hiding it. Either way, she appreciated the comfort it brought her.

"You're dreadful!" She decided finally, the words coming out on a disbelieving laugh.

But he had taken off, leaving her standing there alone for a moment, utterly taken by surprise. After a pause, she reminded herself that she wasn't even out of her teenage years. Wasn't she supposed to be having fun and attending the World Cup and everything else? Surely others her age were doing that instead of worrying about their husbands' parents? Then again, the law had affected many.

Still, she decided that she rather liked the idea that she could still act her age. So, clutching her book to her chest, she bounded down the stairs and came to a halt next to him. She looked over at him with what was probably the biggest smile he had ever gotten from her, before she swept further into the room and swung around to face him.

"What first?" She asked, her voice about as teasing as his had been.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top