Stuck in Second Gear
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stuck in Second Gear Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stuck in Second Gear

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck in Second Gear Empty Stuck in Second Gear

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue May 26, 2015 2:26 am

Adrienne dashed into her room within the secondary Poliakoff residence, throwing the door towards its frame and cringing as it slammed shut. Dinner had not gone as expected, but then again, she had knows better than to expect anything to go her way when it came to what she wanted. Before, it had seemed like more of an inevitability that she would have to stick with their life and find a way to appreciate Kaiden. But that mostly came from a lack of outside input, she supposed as she caught her breath and lifted her wand to lock her door and silence the room.

She had packed a few things just in case, but Adrienne hadn't quite managed to anticipate the steeled, cold glares that had been sent her way by the three other people at the table. Ciara wasn't there, of course, as she was still at Hogwarts, but Adrienne had a feeling the younger girl might have been at least slightly surprised. Or maybe Adrienne had just never paid enough attention. Regardless, she gathered up only the things she absolutely needed and prepared to leave.

"I don't think that this relationship we have is going anywhere. I'd like to consider other paths that might better suit both of us. Particularly considering we have every reason to ask for an annulment."

"That isn't quite up to you. And that reason can easily be remedied."

Catching her breath, she shook her head, ignoring the words his mother had spoken so bluntly as she slung her bag onto her shoulder and realized she had not asked Selwyn where she was meant to go in order to stay with him if she needed to. Frowning, she decided to make her way to the Leaky. She shrunk her bags and stuffed them in her pocket, then apparated away. From one of the tables, she wrote him a particularly sheepish letter, asking if she should make her way to his flat or not. It had been a little over a week and a half, so she assumed he would be back from Hogwarts by now, but she didn't want to be mistaken. Particularly since that meant she would be staying at the Leaky until he decided to let her head over. Would he really want someone he didn't know very well in his home?

[ooc: I realized that last bit belatedly, so I figure we can stick it in personal houses, but have the Leaky as a sort of stop on the way there.]
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Stuck in Second Gear Empty Re: Stuck in Second Gear

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu May 28, 2015 6:24 am

As she waited to see if Selwyn would reply, or would show up to meet her, Adrienne sat herself in one of the booths, looking across the rest of the pub. Perhaps it would be wise for her to find something to occupy her time until she decided he wouldn't be coming that night. She pulled out one of her bags and resized it, reaching inside for her newest book. She supposed, at the time, that it wouldn't be necessary, but now she was glad she had picked it up before leaving.

As she put the book on the table, her gaze flicked over to another table, and for a moment she froze. There was a man on his way out of the Leaky, and Adrienne could feel herself staring. Surely, it couldn't be. But he turned his head slightly to the right to speak to his companion and she deflated.

Asher.

He was the first in their family to know about the Wizarding World. And now he was in a part of that world that she was not allowed to be a part of. Nor, really, would she want to be part of it. Being told one's brother did not want to see one certainly made it harder to have faith in others one did not know very well. At least, it did for Adrienne. Now Wyatt was experiencing the first tastes of magic, too. Magic did nothing if not touch the soul, and that was the greatest feeling of all. But it couldn't fix the broken family or the fact that Asher had turned Ben away, refusing to so much as see his sister.

She didn't mean to be, but she was still gazing at the door, her book unopened in front of her, when Selwyn arrived.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu May 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Adrienne's gaze snapped to his when he spoke, not having realized he was there. It was strange that he addressed Kaiden by a name that also belonged to her, now, but she didn't comment on it. Instead, she looked towards the door again, somehow secretly thrilled to see that they were leaving. It actually made her feel relieved, as though she could breathe again.

"No," she returned almost blandly, shaking her head. "No, these men have nothing to do with him. I just... I used to know one of them is all," she added, attempting to explain without having to really get into the details of it. "It's been a really long time..."

Adrienne shook her head, looking to Selwyn properly and gesturing to the seat across from hers. "Sorry. I- Thank you for coming. I hope I didn't interrupt anything."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:31 am

She nodded, glad to know that she had not bothered him by reaching out. Or, if she had, at least he was pretending otherwise. It did little to settle her nerves about her brother, but that was neither here nor there. Selwyn didn't seem interested in asking any more questions about the men she had seen, but that actually instilled a sort of comfort in her. Her family story was not a fun one to share, and Adrienne could only hope that, if it needed to come up, it could be done when she didn't have to consider the repercussions.

His words drew her attention to his face once more, and she tilted her head, considering his words. "Frankly, I'm not worried about him so much as his parents. It's possible they would send him, but he didn't seem fazed at all. Regardless," she added, putting her book back into her bag, "you're right. The last thing I need is to see another familiar yet unwanted face."

Adrienne offered a gentle smile when she realized that her words might have been misconstrued. "Not including you, of course. I'm really thankful for everything." She swung her bag onto her shoulder and stood, asking, "Ready to go?"
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:33 am

When we get home... Home. He spoke as if she somehow belonged there already. Perhaps it was more of a habit. She had never really referred to the Poliakoff estate as 'home,' so it had not really been something she said. Mostly, she was concerned that he was serious. If he kept chiding her about it, Adrienne wasn't sure if it would help or just embarrass her further. Maybe both.

Still, she watched the floor as they walked, only looking up when he spoke again to give her the address. It was probably a good thing they weren't trying to apparate while magic was still acting strange. She was lucky that her trip away from Kaiden's family had not gone awry.

Repeating the address, she threw down the floo powder, and stepped out into what she assumed was Selwyn's flat. Adrienne stepped to the side so he could step right out when he arrived, glancing around and toying with the strap of her bag to keep from fidgeting too badly.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top