Stuck in Second Gear - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stuck in Second Gear

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 5 Empty Re: Stuck in Second Gear

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:06 pm

There was something slightly charming about hearing about Selwyn's family and where he was from, even though Adrienne hadn't expected it to be. It brought a smile to her face before she even realized her expression had changed, and she couldn't bring herself to push it away.

"Talent?" she asked slowly, pausing to bite her lip as she considered it. "I'm not sure it counts as a secret, really, considering I taught for a term and all. But I did learn Transfiguration from a very good mentor. So I can help you out there," she offered with a sort of shrug, bumping his shoulder with hers as a sort of payback for earlier.

"Other than that, I honestly don't know. Maybe I just haven't found it yet." Adrienne suggested lightly, bouncing a little on her toes. "But you said dishes! So I'll start there and see if I can't discover a super secret skill through those," she teased, inching towards the kitchen. She probably could've just gone in, but she still didn't feel she had free reign of the flat or anything. So she just offered a smile and waited for him to agree or lead the way.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:01 am

Graduation had come and gone, meaning everyone seemed to have a bit more free time. Oddly enough, that went for Adrienne as well, even though she had no longer been involved with the school. She was just hanging up one of her newly cleaned shirts when the door opened and she leaned to look around the door frame, intending to place the hanger on the beam and then peek out to see why he was out early. Hadn't he gone to some Order thing? When he was out late, he always seemed to come back frustrated, and she had just sort of assumed it was their fault.

When he came bursting up the stairs and crashed through the hallway, she blinked, freezing even though her hand was halfway to the closet. The hangar clattered to the floor when she heard him, though. Her hand swept up her wand, just in case, and she stuffed it into her boot, glad she had kept them on to keep her toes warm.

"Sel..?" she called gently, making her way out of her room and into the hall. She didn't want to say it, but whatever was wrong must have been dreadful to cause something like this. "Are you ill? I can get you water or, um, a potion to settle your stomach or something if you want."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:49 am

Despite being fairly concerned already, when he replied and she looked at him properly, Adrienne almost couldn't stomach it. She had never liked the idea of someone being unwell, but this man who had been supporting her was one who she was particularly uncomfortable seeing when he was in that state. At the request for water, she leaned out into the hallway and accio'd a glass, then held it under the bathroom sink's faucet to fill it up. When she shut off the tap, Adrienne knelt beside him and held it out.

"So... I don't know how you are in situations like this, but... if you need to talk about it, I would be happy to listen," she offered. "If you don't want to, though, I can go back to putting things away. Or, similarly, if you would prefer to just do something else, I wasn't exactly up to much of anything, so I don't mind a distraction."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:35 pm

Her lips turned down in a sort of pout when he replied, disappointed that he felt so badly for feeling unwell. She reached out, but hesitated before letting her hand find his shoulder. Was it okay to touch someone when they were like this? She didn't know. Perhaps if she had decided upon healing instead of journalism, it wouldn't have been so awkward for her. To be fair, it would have been a big leap for her to actually decide to go through with healer training. Clearly, she wasn't exactly made for moments like this.

Somehow, she felt she could understand what he was getting at. Not in exactly the same way, of course, considering she had never had an experience quite like what he was going through just then. But she could understand that feeling of being worked up and unsure how to get out of it. But when it happened to her, she tended to just grab a pillow and punch it. So that, perhaps, was not helpful.

"Well," she replied gently, her fingers brushing over his shoulder, back and forth, "for what it's worth, I do think I understand, at least slightly, how you're feeling. However, I'm usually rather rude to upholstery when I'm upset, which explains why I have had to replace my pillows once or twice. So if that isn't your thing, I have an... offer, I suppose. Whatever you ask for, if it'll help, I'll do it. Even if that means leaving you be. Just... anything you need."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:38 pm

When he stood, Adrienne stayed settled on the floor, more interested in letting him get out the words he needed to than in worrying after the picture she must have made when she let her hand hover in the air for a few moments after he had gone. But as he spoke, she started to piece things together - enough to understand what was so troubling to him, at least. Even if she couldn't fit the entire puzzle together correctly, she had an idea of the image and that was close enough for now.

When he looked at her, something about his expression made Adrienne get to her feet. "It's okay," she said gently, doing what she could to assure him that she didn't expect him to be able to get all of the words out. That sort of thing, she understood, was never easy.

Without allowing herself to think on it too much, mostly for fear of changing her mind, Adrienne quickly stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his middle, and pressed her cheek up to his chest. The brunette had never been the hugging type, but she got the feeling that he might could use one. "It's okay," she repeated, her voice muffled against his shirt. "You're home, now. For a little while, at least, it's over. Maybe you can send an owl in the morning and see if everything is alright."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top