Dragon Hunting - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dragon Hunting - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dragon Hunting

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Hunting - Page 8 Empty Re: Dragon Hunting

Post by Sterling Silver Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Sterling walked toward the dragon. It wasn't horribly large, but it would be much easier to deal with were it smaller. "Reducio! It shrank to roughly the size of a deer. He used his wand, paired with the diffindo spell to sever its limbs, except for one leg, to let the blood drain, and head, casting them aside quickly so he wouldn't be forced to look at them. As the blood drained, a forest mouse ran by. By tapping it with his wand and saying "Feraverto!" it quickly transfigured into a goblet. He collected all the blood that drained, as to give it to the potions teacher at Hogwarts. Though he knew it would be suspicious, few would say no to free dragons' blood. He then used another severance charm to skin it from crotch to neck before tearing the skin off its flesh. He made quick work of scraping off the membrane before opening a small hole in the dragons' skull, squishing the brain into a paste with his fingers, and spreading the bloody white paste over the pelt of the magnificent animal. He was aware of disgusted stares as he did this, and he took no pleasure in it... but still, there was no use feeling excessively sorry for the creature. Of course he did, but the deed had been done, and it could not be undone. The faster they worked, the less dragon would be reserved for flies and carrion birds.

He found various sticks that he sharpened like pencils with his wand before staking the four corners of the pelt into the soft grass. He wiped the sweat off his head with his forearm. "So... are we burying the carcass, or gutting it?" he asked, trying to sound casual although biting back tears.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:02 pm

"I need a heartstring for a wand core since my wand broke during this trip," Brienne said, "So I can probably gut and excise what I need before we bury the rest. That is, if no one else needs any more of his parts." With that, she stepped toward the dragon, then used her knife she brought to cut it open and excise the heart. Cutting it in half, she found a decent heartstring that seemed strong enough and magical enough for a core. She took it out and stretched it a little bit. She wrapped it in a little strip of cloth to keep it safe.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:45 am

Andrew looked at the remains of the dragon and sighed mostly in relief and in sadness. So it was dead, and they had caused it. Everything died eventually, and Andrew should've known that the hard way. He had already killed someone before and should have been used to it by now. But this was a whole other scale...the thing had a certain majesty towards it, that most other creatures never would have.

"I need some too," he said calmly, knowing his wand was infused with Dragon Heartstring already "mine was snapped a while ago and has worked with me since. But, it's not going to work much longer." He went over to the remains, astonished by the smell to the point where he had to use his arm as a replacement gas mask. He reached inside, and grabbed what felt to be something string like and ripped them out of the heart. At least the memory would be with him, for as long as he lived.

"We should get back to London," he said calmly, turning towards the others "Miseria may need some medical attention...but I think we should give her a proper burial. Not everyday when a dragon dies...much like a wild one like this one."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top