Dragon Hunting - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dragon Hunting - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dragon Hunting

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Hunting - Page 7 Empty Re: Dragon Hunting

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:04 pm

The dragon felt another cut tear into his skin and he roared, stomping his foot in pain, splattering blood everywhere. He stumbled to his feet and shivered. He saw a figure near him and raised a lip, ready to snap at him, but something hit him in his wound.

He stumbled to his feet and he felt the blood slowing down as his heart pumped slower and slower. His eyelids drooped and her felt his body begin to turn very cold. He let out a roar-like yawn and closed his eyes...
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Brienne saw the dragon die slowly, she kind of felt sorry for the creature to have to die this way for such a minute reason as a pair of gloves.

"I'm sorry, dragon. You really were something beautiful" she said. Now that the dragon was dead, what would they do? How was the big carcass supposed to be dealt with? Certainly, he wasn't the biggest dragon, and wizards had done this before with bigger ones, but how did they do it. She hadn't been on a dragon hunt before, so she didn't really know.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Andrew dismounted his broom next to the dragon. He watched it die slowly and became tired, and was glad that he didn't have to kill the creature. He stood in front of it's face and then said "Rest in peace, you flying marvel." Why did Andrew even come out here in the first place? He couldn't even remember, and wondered if it was worth coming out here now. He pocketed his wand into his jeans and then sighed and made a straight face. He wished that it would have died more peacefully, but then again, everyones time came sooner or later. He turned around and quickly went over to Miseria and slid next to her. "Are you alright?" he asked looking at where the dragon had bit her.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Brienne walked over to Andrew, "He's up in that big forest in the sky, with his ancestors and anyone else he loved." She patted him on the shoulder, then asked "How do you suppose anyone will be able to field-dress that thing? It's so big. Bigger than any deer, even bigger than a moose. I wonder how wizards and witches who do this stuff actually get it all done so they can make gloves." She felt talkative, but stopped when she saw that Andrew wasn't comfortable with this.

"Don't worry, his torment has ended and he's in a better place."

In truth, she felt kinda bad for wanting to Sectumsempra the dragon. She couldn't use Sectumsempra anyway, she wasn't evil nor was she versed in Dark Arts. But if she was, and she could, she'd feel really bad for it. Her eyes showed this build up in emotion.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Miseria didn't actually know how long she was like this. The pain was collapsing her. She was unable to move, unable to scream, and she had just lay down, and wait. For her death. Then came the numbness. Her wounds didn't hurt anymore. Was it the death? So after all, she died? She could swear that she'd smile, but then she felt a guilt. If she's dead, then who's with Dakota? Yes, Khaat, for sure, but the child needed a real mom! Of course the Lupins would take a better care of this little girl, but even if Miseria would be dead, she wouldn't forgive herself this thing. Her death.

Suddenly she felt something liquid going down her throat. She couldn't feel the taste, and couldn't even guess what it was. She wanted to spit it out in no reason. She was feeling numb from the inside, the venom worked perfectly. She was really close, she could feel it. And then she couldn't even breathe anymore. Someone held her nose, and her mouth so that she had to swollow what was inside her mouth then. What she felt next, was impressing her. She was feeling warm when the poison or whatever it was, filled her stomach, making her feel alive.

For a moment, she even was happy for it. Yes, she was feeling alive! Though, the guilt didn't go away, she was feeling better. But then the pain came back. She groaned quietly, gasping the air. Yes, she had fixed the wounds, but it was still painful. The venom didn't go anywhere from her veins, however, she really felt kind of better.
She opened her eyes, blinking them few times. Everything was so clear and perfect, not like when she was bitten. And then she turned her brown eyes at the dragon to see him fall. She saw Sterling, Brianne, who looked somewhat sad, and Andrew, who ran over to her.

“Yes,“ she replied, though, it was a lie. She was happy because she was alive, but she felt really sick. Pain everywhere, and she was unable to move. Her leg was still numb, and her jeans were broken on crus, and wet because of the blood. “Did someone get hurt?“ she asked quickly, trying to pull herself up.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:10 pm

"I ended the dragon's life" Brienne said, "I feel bad though. Because I wanted to willingly fill my heart with hatred and try to harness Dark Arts like Sectumsempra, and become evil, just for the sake of ending the dragon's life." She shook her head, "I feel ashamed of wanting to kill like that. Luckily, I couldn't. But I did kill the dragon, but with a fast acting, painless poison delivered by a dart and dart gun. I feel better about myself for ending its pain, though." The fact that she even considered Dark Arts, though, was unforgivable in her opinion.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Sterling was vaguely aware that Miseria had regained consciousness. He would have smiled, if not for the golf ball sized lump in his throat. The dragon had stopped moving.... it was thoroughly depressing to behold. "I'm sorry, Trebonias." he whispered, naming the creature without thinking. He began stroking its snot-ridden snout in a loving and sorrowful way.

He spoke loudly so everybody could hear him, now. "We shouldn't waste any of the dragon. Its bones are extraordinarily strong. We can use its heart for wand cores, its blood for potions... we should use all of its hide. We'll need the dragon's brain to tan the hide... We don't want to insult Trebonias' memory by only extracting a small piece of it." he said woefully. Finally, he tore his eyes away from the beast and walked to Miseria, who was sitting up and looking better.

"Are you alright?" he asked with a trace of concern.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Brienne thought for a minute. "My last wand broke, maybe one of Trebonias's heartstrings can go towards a wand for me. If it doesn't work, then it might for someone else. But one question remains, what about the unusable parts? Like the intestines? What do we do with them? How are we supposed to harvest all this from the dragon in the first place? He's so big. Do you know how to do that?" Brienne was genuinely curious about this. Maybe she could help with it if it was a more-than-two-man job.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:10 am

Miseria would shout at Brianne to make her shut up. She didn't help no one with her stupid comments of how sad she was that she killed the dragon. Why did she do it after all then? She rolled her eyes at her, and shook her head. What an idiot. Was she always like this? Tying to seem sarcastic? Stupid girl.

Then she looked away at Sterling who was talking to all of them. Remains of the dragon... she looked at the lifeless beast, sighing quietly. Yes, for pair of gloves, they could just take the little piece of it's skin. But then again, she thought that if they would've stupefied the dragon all together, they wouldn't have to kill the poor animal after all. And if they'd take the skin or what else was nessesary for Sterling, someone would just heal the wound, and they would go happily back to their homes.

Now the dragon was almost like a charity. Some of it will go to the wand maker's, the skin... will probably go somewhere, and the meat... Miseria knew that wizards love dragon meat, but then again, if they would sell the pieces of this poor thing, she wouldn't even lay a hand to this money. It was all covered in blood already.

When Sterling came near, asking her the most common question after injuries, she nodded. “Yes,“ she said the same thing what the Andrew. She'll think about the pain later. It was the dragon what they were supposed to worry about now.
“But I have the same question what Brianne has. What or how should we do now all of this?“ she asked quietly.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:57 pm

"Diffindo, maybe?" he asked walking towards the lifeless carcass. It was a shame to have killed such a marvelous creature, and now wondered what they would do with it. "I can't say that we can give the heartstrings to Ollivanders or something." he said truthfully, no sign of emotion coming from his voice "the Minister had said in one of his laws, that we cannot hunt dragons without a license or professional. If we try to donate it, I'm afraid we'll suffer the consequences." He places his hand on the scaly skin of the deceased dragon and then said "We'll just have to make sure this thing gets a proper burial. Maybe check for Dragon eggs and see if we can find any offspring."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top