Dragon Hunting - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dragon Hunting - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dragon Hunting

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Hunting - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Hunting

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:27 pm

"Seriously guys," he said sternly "no dark magic. We're not going to practice it, got it?" He was going to be a lot stricter against dark magic from now on. It changed most people and didn't know if it could affect anyone here. Hopefully it wouldn't but he wasn't going to take a chance. "Like I said, distractions, then we kill it." He looked out, trying to find the dragon, but had no such luck. He was still contemplating on just killing a dragon for fun. Wasn't it wrong? But then again, it would probably hurt a human if it saw one, so he just used that as an excuse, yet still had doubts.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Sterling nodded at all the suggestions. He was slightly take aback when the girl who called herself Brienne claimed to know Sectumsempra well. "So you're Slytherin then, Brienne, I presume?" he asked quite cautiously. He had almost died from a Sectumsempra curse delivered by one of the darkest wizard he knew... The girl seemed too innocent for it. He shrugged, however and continued on.

He nodded with a approval at Andrews request. "I'm not exactly big on Dark Magic... I just try not to be too critical if other people use it as long as they don't use it on people..." he said

"Well first we have to find it. Let's not give away our position if we don't have to." He said, scrunching his nose at the siren. It was a good idea, they would just need to plan it out before they did anything. He spotted a lake out in the distance. They could hike out to it in five minutes if they made good time.

"Wands at the ready. If anybody brought a collapsible broomstick and is a good flier, it would be a good idea to scout around for the Dragon and let the rest of us know where it is." he said. "In the meantime, we'll wait by the lake. I have one last request: try not to die, that would really suck. Alright. Ready? Let's set out." he said, gesturing toward the body of water at the base of the cliffs.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 pm

"If I;m about to die," he said aiming the Sirens sights down at a random blade of grass "I'll use you as a shield. Let's go." Andrew then began to walk down the hill and heard random shouts of animals down the hill. He quickly toke off at a run, feeling the adrenaline pump throughout his body. He hid behind a large rock, about 40 feet to the side of the dragon. It seemed to be feating on an unfortunate deer. "Guys!" he whispered "over here!"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Miseria looked at Brianne, and raised her eyebrows. Though, she was also a werewolf, she didn't have actually no intentions to kill. She loved animals, were they furry or not. But she didn't say anything from her side anymore, but took out her wand, and looked up. She has never seen a dragon in her life before, so it was probably the first, and the last time as she knew that she won't become somekind of teacher. Nor will she travel the world just to see the magical animals. She had her own things to do for eleven years now. Dakota.

She shook her head when Sterling asked them about the broom. No. It was in Khaat's house. She could call it with the accio spell, but then again, the dragon would attack someone from the air. It wasn't a good idea. “I can call it out, though,“ she said. Well done, and someone doesn't want to die as well,“ a voice said in her head.
Be quiet for a moment, Miseria replied to it, and then moved her wand, saying quietly Accio. She didn't wait long. Her Firebolt rushed trough the air, and she cought it, looking at the broom. Finally she could practice a little!

She rushed after them into the woods, holding her broom on her shoulder. If it would break... Then she'll buy a new one! When she heard Andrew whispering, she looked over at the dragon, sighing quietly. It was so beautiful! Yet, deadly as hell. Now, she looked at Sterling, waiting for his orders.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Andrew overlooked the rock to keep a sight on the dragon. For some reason, his fear just wouldn't show up. Maybe it was all the adrenaline that pumped throughout his body that numbed his emotions. Or maybe he was just crazy. Either way, he wouldn't attack it until he had a reason to do so. He wouldn't kill an animal, much like a person, that didn't do anything to him. A thought occured to him, and wondered if it would be a good idea to get his Firebolt into the fight. Harry, back in his fourth year, had managed to outrun a dragon during the Triwizard games. Maybe it would work this time as well.

"Accio Firebolt" he said quietly and his Firebolt slammed next to him silently. It almost seemed to be waiting for Andrew's order. "Alright," he whispered calmly, "what's the plan?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Sterling laughed awkwardly at Andrew's suggestion for survival. He wasn't completely sure if he was joking or not, so he didn't know whether to feel light hearted or uncomfortable. As Andrew took off for the forest, Sterling struggled to keep up with him. He finally reached him, behind a boulder panting lightly. He couldn't believe how easy it was to find the dragon. who appeared to be looking around anxiously. They smelled them... they had to act quickly. Sterling waited for everybody else to arrive before making any movements, however.

When Miseria arrived with a firebolt, he had to restrain himself from clapping aloud. "Alright," he said in a barely audible whisper. "Andrew, activate the siren and throw it. Miseria, you have a fast broom--fly around its head--make it dizzy. Make sure to keep its attention away from us. Andrew, fly but try to stay less conspicuous. Try to take out its eye. He said seriously. He drew his wand--his goal: the snout. He ran through a list of spells in his head and finally arrived at a Bat Bogey Hex. If the dragon was sniffling, it wasn't smelling.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:53 pm

The dragon raised his head again, tensing. He could definitely smell something now. He was sure that there was somebody around. He turned his head to the left and then the right, letting out a low, warning growl, more like a rumbled deep from within his body. The intruder was still so far off that he could not identify them.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:54 pm

[The Siren in a magical gun Andrew found Razz]

"What are you talking about?" he asked Sterling, almost irritated. He quickly moved to the right and slid behind a tree, his Firebolt still behind the rock he had been hiding behind before. "Someone distract it," he said getting himself into a running position "I can fly around and try to get it to be confused." Now Andrew was pumped. He was waiting for the chance to fly around, and dodge a dragon coming after him. It was only a matter of time now.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Miseria didn't wait for further Instructions. She jumped on the broom, and flew three meters up in the air, looking for a Dragon. “Alright,“ she only said to Sterling. Now she could only hope that it won't bite her or something. It's teeth were poisonous, and she didn't die yet... Well, atleast not like this.
She didn't fly at the dragon yet. She was watching that if it was coming closer, then how fast, and was it anxious. They were the intrudors after all. “Andrew, you stay down, okay? You are possibly more nessesary with the spells than I am,“ she told to him quietly, scowling at the dragon.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 pm

((Just as a heads up, I have RPed before where it was one vs a few (me being that on) and what happened then was everyone would post so much, that by the time I had caught up, there was 4 or 5 new posts, and people would often get 2 posts in before I could even respond to the first. I'm sure it won't happen here, but I'm just giving you a heads up that if it does I will struggle to be able to reply. Since this is a dragon, it should be hard to take down and I want a good fight just as much as you guys. Sorry for the rant, I always get a little anxious in these situations though. =D))

The dragon stood up on his back two legs, baring his teeth and flexing his muscles to let any enemies know that it was a threat. He plopped back down and let out a tremendous roar, to demonstrate his power as animals screamed in terror and took cover.

The dragon flicked his tail nervously and strode into the brook, powerful feet crushing rocks and twigs. He moved his hair back and forth, trying to find the source of his aggravation.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top