Suggestions - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Suggestions - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Suggestions

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:05 pm

^Yeah, that wasn't what I was saying. I meant that your character won't know any other languages, really. How would they? They don't teach them at Hogwarts. Unless your parents teach them to you or something then how would your character learn them?
Also, no other characters would understand them so when would you used them?
If you REALLY need to use another language, use a translator.

Suggestions - Page 2 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronald Weasley01 Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:28 pm

we should have points gaven for people who have jobs working harder at your job gives you more points
Ronald Weasley01
Ronald Weasley01

Number of posts : 118
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Animagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Yeah i think we have that though with only roleplaying at shops you get few extra points.Ofcourse jobs are something like Stores in Diagon Alley or Ministry the very most,OotP,DA and DEs are sort of volonteer squads.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:49 pm

We will sort out points for jobs. ASAP.

Suggestions - Page 2 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:17 am

Just a quick suggestion, I could go into more detail if you guys were interested but Im off to bed now so here is the problem. Reading through the battle of Hogwarts and the great duel between Voldemort and Ne'os I realised, no offense intended, that it was ridiculously boring and repetative, NOT the Rp'er's fault may I add. All it is really is one person sending a spell at another, who flicks their wand, dodges the spell then shoots one back and so on, so on. We could really use a dueling system, which I could help create if you wanted.

Basically characters will be given AP [Which differs depending on age, job whatever] they can use this AP to use spells against opponents. All character can have 100HP [Also can be greater depending on age, job whatever]. Duels could last say 5 round's for friendly duels [Where the loser doesnt die and the duel is just for fun] or 10 Rounds for Deathmatch duels [Loser is at the winners mercy]. For a friendly duellers will send in Five round's worth of tactics [One spell each per round] and the aim is to knock out your opponent [HP down to zero, or lower than yours by the end] We can have a list of spells which can be used, the AP required to use a spell will be greater depending on how powerful the spell is. Each really damaging spell can have a counter, which if used in the same round as the counterable spell does some damage to the person who had been countered. This is a very simplified version of an idea I hope you guys can understand it, like I said Im tired and am about to head to bed.

With a dueling system, duel's could actually be interesitng and unpredictable. It will also prevent say 11 year old first years, Avada Kedavaring fully grown death eaters. I know that it might sound like it detracts from the fun of doing what you want but I know Id much rather feel on edge if I got into a deathmatch duel. If I get my tactics wrong I will die and thats exciting! Much better than knowing if someone sends a killing curse at me I can swish my wand and be ok Cool . Just an idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:37 am

Well I am just going to throw this out there but this is something I have noticed. There are way to many super powerful students walking around who are not scared of anything at all. I mean there were students who were like "Oh look its Voldemort lets kick his ass!" and that is just not fun to read. The whole point of an RP is to RP out your characters weaknesses as well as his strengths and if your character has no weaknesses it is no fun for anyone else who is rp'ing. I know recently I was in a fight with someone who was way to overpowered for there age. I have noticed this big time and its really annoying. If Hogwarts in the book had this many badasses walking around then there would never have been any Voldemort. I realize everyone wants to be strong and what not but this whole thing is just getting out of control. When I first joined I had fun because the people I rp'ed with had weaknesses and they were actually afraid of Death Eaters ( Students ) This whole little phase we are in where everyone and their sister thinks that Death Eaters are a bunch of pansies with wands is ridiculous and I have to admit I am having no fun with it. I mean I just read a post that said a second years stunned a DE???? My point is that characters are way to strong on this site and its really annoying and it makes rp'ing here no fun anymore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:17 am

Well that was exactly what I was thinking when I came up with the idea of having a system for duels. Just now people are doing whatever they want, not long ago I read in the battle forum that some third year was slagging off Voldemort to his face, then ran away and killed a few Death Eaters. It just seems odd? And as you said, repetative and annoying.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:46 pm

Heylo ppl. This is Sue. Another admin.

Well for your suggestion, we are working on that duel system Nick recommended. But for the other parts they are mostly the roleplayer's fault isn't it? Everyone wants to be perfect and unafraid. Now that isn't realistic, is it? It's pretty ridiculous. It's the people who have to increase their Rolpelaying standards. Admins can hardly do anything other than warn or tell them. And mind you, we have been telling them quite often. The only thing we can do is tell people to be realistic and ask them to RP their character properly and being REAL. If people listen to us, then quite fine, and if they don't we'll start the warnings. And as for duels if we get the Duel system active and up then the problems could be solved to a certain extent. Thanks for all of your suggestions guys, it really helps =] Keep 'em coming.
Founder

Number of posts : 4824

https://www.pottersarmy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:50 pm

Haha, good idea guys. But i'm not really a dueling type.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:56 pm

The idea is for everyone actually. Everyone needs to be realistic, doesn't matter you duel or not.
Founder

Number of posts : 4824

https://www.pottersarmy.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top