Suggestions
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Suggestions Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions Empty Suggestions

Post by Elijah Krum Sat May 08, 2010 8:29 pm

Hello all those that like to hear me rant!
But it's not a rant today so it's all good *thumbs up*

I have some suggestions!

I think we're missing quite a bit in the way of character customisation. Some of these things, though, could be dealt with in the update coming up which is good. I think, for there to be more customisation, we need more things to do in the Character Building section. What we have now is fine but things like:

• Cell Phones -- an opportunity for characters to do things in a more free form way instead of in an RP format.
  • Emailing -- I have a better idea for this which I'll go into detail about in a bit.
  • Ipod -- that as the potential to be quite interesting. Members can post IC playlists that their charries would like and others can comment IC.
  • Owl Post -- pretty generic, not too interesting but more HP orientated.
  • Calendar -- IC calendar which would fit well with the cell phone. Just a place where the characters can record their date times and places, events etc.

Okay, so that's general IC computer stuff that is a little more laid back and fun to do but then there is character app additions that can be added which I think will add a lot more depth to the character.

• Birthday -- That can be put there anyway but is good to have up
  • Dementor Memory -- What a Dementor makes the character remember
  • Boggart -- What form the Boggart takes then possibly what the Boggart gets turned into when using Reddikulus on the form it takes.
  • Amortentia -- What the character smells/What attracts them
  • Patronus -- What shape it takes e.g fox, faun, stag etc.
  • Important days of the year -- Birthdays and such. Probably would go on the Calendar too.
  • Fears -- What scares your character.
  • Long term and Short term goals -- E.g. Long term: Get married to a rich, pure-blood wizard. Short Term: Buy a loaf of bread and hit Wilson with it repeatedly.

We can have that among other things there which would be interesting.

Okay, here's probably where I go into the IC emailing bit. AIM is free, easy and you don't necessarily have to download it to use it. I figured a really cool way of doing mini discussions between characters is to set up accounts for your characters and have them interact with other's on there. It's something Khaat and I are trialling atm and it's fairly interesting to do. It is pretty easy to do I think and it makes the characters a little more real and it also makes RP-ing widen a little with different settings.

Let me know what you guys think! Very Happy
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 08, 2010 8:37 pm

I like all the suggestions, Eli. A lot. And ranting is never a bad thing if good things come of it.

K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22646
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun May 09, 2010 12:14 am

Awesome ideas, Eli! Smile

I think all those things will make people get more into roleplaying. They sound like a lot of fun too!
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun May 09, 2010 12:16 am

Thank you Abbey! Wink
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun May 09, 2010 12:20 am

No problem! All of your suggestions are really interesting and great new ideas! Smile
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun May 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Keera and Jamie are eager to use Thread Trackers so perhaps one of those could be added too. Razz
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon May 10, 2010 6:29 pm

OK, Krum, you get a month of detention for that!

Joking :-D The ideas are good, especially the character part. I agree
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon May 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Psh. You're just jealous. Razz
But yeah, I just thought it would be a good idea to explore the characters we have on hand. I mean you could Animagus form in there as well or if you're a vampire favourite blood type. Lol. Just little things that make the character a bit more 3-dimensional.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun May 16, 2010 2:30 pm

I love those Ideas Eli. I had thought of some of those but I'd like to add one. I know that at one point I was writing an actual journal for my character and it seemed to work out well but I know some people don't want to go that far in character....I however actually enjoy it...just a thought for everyone.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu May 20, 2010 8:57 am

Eh, i'm neutral for this.
On one hand, it'd be nice to know more about people, and their characters
On the other, i don't really see how knowing what someone's favourite smell is will develope their character, or mine, other than another little tidbit i know about John Citizen.

Didn't quite get what you meant by the IC Emailing thing, if you meant OOC communication, most of the people on the site have MSN, most use it, and quite a few of the people communicate between one another. If you mean a forum where people send each other emails, we've tried that, and it failed... badly. Somewhere between me sending Darren the lyrics to Sunshine lollipops and rainbows, and various people sending all bits of art, it didn't work.

What's the cellphone thing? Don't understand it, if you mean a widget, that'd be near impossible, good luck with it.

Ipod, tried it before, we had a music player, it just slowed the site down, and if you mean posting what music your character likes in their bio, go ahead.

I like the calendar thing though, it'd not take too much, if any effort on our part, and it would be quite handy. Only thing is it could stuff things up with the site time, and the forum's time. i suppose we could make out own calendar widget though...

That's my... several cents on the matter, hope it's been constructive, and not just annoying you.

Jess
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top