Suggestions
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Suggestions Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Suggestions

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions Empty Suggestions

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 4:04 pm

We all know that PA isn't perfect.
Any suggestions you have for the site can be posted in these threads.
Note: This is not a place to complain about individual members.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions

Post by Scorpius Malfoy 1 Thu May 14, 2009 5:09 pm

Well you generally ignore my suggestions but:

I dont know why you guys deleted all the topics just to remake them, I mean what purpose does that serve? And isnt that a waste of time? And no ones posting in those topics anymore so...
Also, I don't think the update did much. Ive seen Diagon Alley but its so complicated and confusing how do u expect anyone to go there? The shops are like 4 subforums down so no one will bother going there.
Speaking of subforums don't you have just like waaaaay to many? Why do you need all those subforums in the information section. Why is Hogwarts information separate from educational decrees? That just creates an extra forum and stretches PA index. There are all these important forums like classes, the lake, the quidditch stadium, diagon alley and etc are all in subforums while useless ones where no one posts at like the postbox and the Awards have a forum to themselves. I mean, why do u need a postbox when you have a PM system?
The Themes good, but the banner is noobish, and the modules can be worked upon. Why do you need a class notice board and such large fonts there? It doesnt really look stylish, and you may want to put pics of the members on Member of the month.
Btw, why do we have Student of the month? Thats just boring and classes aren't even going right now due to exams..
Speaking of exams, why do we have them during RL exams? Why not in June when people can actually take the time to do them.
And why are you delaying the Battle of Hogwarts so much? It was supposed to be in April, but then moved up, now its May and its gonna be in June now. Can't we just finish it and get on with the plot? Weve had the same subplot for like ages now.
Also, don't we have quidditch teams here?
I suggest you guys should just end this term quickly and fix everything then get advertising for new members. The ranklist we vote on sucks btw, so we should vote on a different one or multiple ones.

Hope you don't mind the criticism.
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 710
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu May 14, 2009 5:39 pm

We don't ignore your suggestions or anyones, sorry if we did in the past.

Firstly, we deleted the forums because there was a lot of spam in them and, no one was posting there now. Currently, we just don't have enough members to post in the discussion areas.

I agree with you on the subforum thing, we have a bit too many and we need to fix the layout. We do constantly change it to see if its better or not. The banners not that great either, but we asked the members and no one made one, and one of our admins who were making one has left. Still, its not that bad and it will do until we wait for a different one.

We remade Diagon Alley and explained the new money system, can you explain whats so complicated about it?

We have the student of the month so it makes more people go to classes, so they actually get something by going to classes. And btw, we already delayed the exams.

The Battle of Hogwarts cant go on currently, we don't have enough members right now.

Quidditch teams will start next term. We had them before but.. same problem. They were too incomplete. We tried joining teams but that made it very confused.

PA's not perfect, we try to make it better. And once the term ends, we will try to make it easier for new people and then advertise. Still, thanks for your suggestions
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpius Malfoy 1 Sat May 16, 2009 7:15 pm

I know it can't be perfect, but it can be way better you know.

Well the Diagon Alley thing isnt really complicated but whats the use of it!? Why do we have to get brooms if theres no quidditch team? Why would we?

And student of the month is boring, you should make something else. People will attend classes to get points for their house, not for SotM.

Well if the quidditch teams are incomplete at least hold practices. We have about 5-6 members in each house. Thats not bad.

The thing is your waiting to improve the site until more people come, so your advertising. But more people won't come if the sites so unorganized and all. And the current members will just keep leaving because theres nothing interesting going on.
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Scorpius Malfoy 1
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 710
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Aminia Lestrange Tue May 19, 2009 8:18 am

I'm just going to say the things that I notice,

First, the layout, I don't know what it is but I think that PA looks majorly better in the darker colors, the bright colors like now, just don't really catch my eye.

I was sad when the quidditch was taken away, I know last term we only had a couple matches but I enjoyed the practice.

(Sad thing, I know it's too me to, I have an excuse though, lol. BUT!) I think that we should find professors that are a little more committed, (Potions, hasn't been active since the begging of April.)

The teaching scheme, I think that it would be better if we would have one or two classes, *Like combine the OWLS and NEWTS* because I personally find it hard to find something for my class for three subjects, and have two of them go inactive for a while.

*I think that's all. It's just a few things that I myself have noticed.

I personally love PA, And that's why I haven't left, Every one on the site makes me feel welcome, unlike all the other Harry Potter sites, And that is a major thing to a lot of new comers is to feel welcome. (this is the longest I've been on an RP site I'll be a member for a year the 23! YAY! LOL!)*
Aminia Lestrange
Aminia Lestrange

Number of posts : 1198
Special Abilities : Nonverbal Magic, Occlumency, Apparation, Leglimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue May 19, 2009 1:00 pm

I agree on the class suggestion.We should have only 2 the very most.For example at my Muggle Studies what am i supposed to teach?Basic lessons creation of fire lol?

About the quiditch thing.I tried to combine teams so we can have mixed match though that went badly because hardly someone came on trainings.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Lestrange Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:35 am

I have a random idea...=D

Well some people here like to speak in other languages so..why not in RP that we will speak in a different language. Ok let me explain, and show you. So, if you wanna just speak in plain english, just bold the black font but if however you'd like to speak in another language but you're unsure how to speak it we'll make up a colour code!

"Hello, how are you today?" Robert asked his best friend. (english)
"Hello, how are you today?" Robert asked his best friend. (french)
"Hello, how are you today?" Robert asked his best friend. (italian)
"Hello, how are you today?" Robert asked his best friend. (russian)
"Hello, how are you today?" Robert asked his best friend. (korean)
"Hello, how are you today?" Robert asked his best friend. (chinese)
"Hello, how are you today?" Robert asked his best friend. (indonesian)

(ecetera ecetera on the languages)
And that way RPing will be much more interesting and then character applications will be more fascinating too and plus it will bewilder those around them talking a different language and wander because they're not sure what they're saying (pretend) or you could be bilingual!
Nikki Lestrange
Nikki Lestrange

Number of posts : 6103
Special Abilities : Legilimency, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:05 am

wait if the battle of hogwarts isnt going then it could take even longer to get it next term might start.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Nikki/Rory: Why do people need to speak in other languages? It's an English site, really.
Ne'os: Isn't going? What do you mean by that? Also we have a date in mind for next term, nothing official, but the Battle won't affect the date.

Suggestions Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:14 am

I know but what if we want to make it interesting and we have to be creative...*sigh* fine. whatevs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top