After Work - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

After Work - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

After Work

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After Work - Page 2 Empty Re: After Work

Post by Steven Walker Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Stephen walked into the The Leaky Cauldron his hair wind swept and loing like he'd been dragged threw a hedge backwards he smiled and sighed as he saw Robert and Brian sat with a new Auror , pauying for a drink he picked it up and quickly moved to the table. "Hello Robert, Brian" he said with a freindly smile "hey Sketter , Im Steven Walker " he held out his hand to shake it hoping he would not be too put of buy him when he sat down placing his mug down on it "I tell you I'd rather be out there than sat at home all day, no matter how wind swept you get."

He looked at the young boy and shok his head "they get younger every time, no offence Sketter" he looked at him apologeticly "You must have been exceptional to get in." he said downing a mouthfull of the beer he held
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:45 pm

"Of course he's exceptional," Robert replied quickly. "I only hire exceptional people, Steven. He's got to be exceptional to put up with you lot." He and Brian laughed heartily. "And I like young aurors. Young blood means fresh energy and ideas. And we all know that we can certainly use some of that in our bunch. We're all glad to have you on board, Skeeter.

"Steven here has worked as an auror and also as a muggle law enforcement officer in Texas. Brian and I have done a bit of everything, but when we get everyone together, we'll do some training so that we're all on the same page and so that we all feel a bit refreshed on some of our spell casting. And we will be taking your magic to a whole new level, Skeeter. Its just part of being an auror. We want to be sure that you are solid at not only defense but offense as well. I presume that works for you."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Daniel had been released earlier than expected. His whole torso was bandaged, but it was barely visible under his clothing. He want from a man with only a 10% chance of life to a lively, ready to live again man. He had a firewhiskey in his hand and was sitting a little ways away from everyone else. He feared the other Aurors because he thought they'd think he was too thick or cowardly to be an Auror. To tell one the truth, he was only 19. Teenagers-bordering-20-years-old weren't usually suited to such heavy battles, especially when they have no idea how to duel or anything. This Auror stuff was also his dead boyfriend's dream, so he did it out of wanting to not insult the memory of his beloved.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:08 am

"Robert," Brian said quietly, "Isn't that the young man who you just treated not very long ago? Seems to me I...saw him..recently." Brian was trying to watch his words, but he felt confident that Robert would understand his meaning. He looked at Robert who nodded.

"I'll be right back," Brian said. He got up and walked over to the young man. "You're Daniel, aren't you? I've..seen you around. Bring your drink and come join us. We're just unwinding and getting to know each other. You're more than welcome to join us, especially since we're going ot be working together anyway. We'd like to get to know you and we'd like you to have a chance to get to know us too. Besides,..." he smiled, "we have some really great snacks too. Knowing Robert, he'll spring for dinner for us shortly."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:17 am

Daniel smiled, "I'm Daniel Cethin, one of the newest Aurors, and one of the youngest. I'll join you guys as long as I don't spill my whiskey!" He carefully got up and gripped his whiskey tightly. He walked his way over to the men, then sat down beside them. He groaned slightly at the pain from his torso. "They only gave me 10%, give or take a few. The Sectumsempra spell really did a number on me, nearly bled me to death. It felt horrible, and they say that if I'm lucky that some of the pain will go away. IF I'm lucky."
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:29 am

"I'm Robert Lupin, Daniel," Robert introduced himself. "I guess I'm your new boss. But I'm also the Chief of Staff at St. Mungos. If you're still having trouble with that wound, then you need to stop by tomorrow and let me see it. We may need to double check the tissues underneath the surface or perhaps just issue you a pain potion for a bit. Either way, I am sure it is repairable. Oh, and here...." He picked up one of the cards Brian had laid on the table. "This is a membership card to the fitness center on the basement of St. Mungos. I got them for all the aurors. You will find it is a full service fitness center and that it will help get you in fighting shape in short order. If you have any trouble getting back in fighting shape, Brian here is your man. Training new or existing fighters is his specialty."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:36 am

"Thank you sir. I was hoping for someone to take me under their wing, I haven't much fighting experience. I was originally planning to be a healer at St. Mungo's, but since my boyfriend who wanted to be an Auror died, I decided to fulfill his dream for him. He died his sixth year at Hogwarts, committed suicide. Anyway, I'm glad for this. I'll take you up on your offer to check my wounds, too. One began to bleed a little yesterday, but it stopped" Daniel said. He took a gulp of firewhiskey, then gave a half smile, "I don't think I'm that bad of a new fighter, but it couldn't hurt. After all, you're only given one life, and that's precious."
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:13 am

"If it has started to bleed again, the most obvious scenarios are that you were either wounded with a cursed weapon, in which case it will need time and careful minding. Or whoever performed the healing spell on the sectumsempra did not entirely cast it properly. A properly cast Vulnera Sanentur would have taken care of it, healed the wound, replaced the bloodloss and would have taken care of the pain by now. We shall have to tend to it first thing in the morning unless it starts to bleed heavier before then, in which case we shall do it sooner. Have you met Skeeter here? He's a new auror too, and I think the two of you might get along well. We'll have you both in fine fighting form in no time at all. I trust you're both fairly handy with a wand, are you?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri Finch Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:24 am

Skeeter was mid-drink when another coworker joined them, a man by the name of Steven. Skeeter hurriedly set down his drink, having finished it now, and he thrust out his hand, shaking Steven's hand. "Nice to meet you. And no offense at all. I don't know that I'm exceptional, but I sure am glad to have the job." He smiled and nodded to enunciate the point.

Robert vouched for him and Skeeter chuckled at his words, before listening to Robert's small monologue about Steven. He then began to talk about magical and Skeeter said, "I'm up for anything. I really had no plans before joining, so you have a clean slate to work with. I'm eager to test my magic abilities in ways I have not before."

Skeeter realized his drink was empty and he refilled it, though with Firewhisky this time. He took a drink and he liked the pleasant tingle it brought. He brought it to his lips again, and when he had set it down again, a new Auror had joined them. He was about Skeeter's age and was probably as recent of an addition to the team as Skeeter was.

Robert asked if he knew Skeeter and Skeeter answered, "Not by name. Hi. I'm Skeeter Hudson." He put out a hand. He quickly answered Robert modestly, "I have my moments." At school, he could have been one of the brightest students in school if he had applied himself. Now he was finding that he had more motivation here than he had at school.
Henri Finch
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:47 am

"I actually hadn't met this guy before, but I'm sure he fights better than I do" Daniel said, the corners of his mouth turning up into a smile. He downed the rest of his firewhiskey and got a refill. "Firewhiskey goes down so smoothly, and it warms you. Much better than a butterbeer". He had a more friendly demeanor today, not like a few days ago when he just wanted to be left alone. He was still down about his injuries, but less so now that they were slowly getting better and less painful. Or was that the Firewhiskey at work? He didn't know.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top