After Work - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

After Work - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

After Work

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After Work - Page 5 Empty Re: After Work

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:36 am

"I used to see him a lot in your room standing next to you," Khaat said gently. "Its not unusual for death to be nothing more than a mere inconvenience when someone really loves us. The love never really dies. It looks like he's here because he chooses to be. That, and sometimes, we draw those we love to us by our own grief. They need that reassurance that we will be alright before we can move on. I know--from experience. " She ate the fries and then decided to cut a piece off her father's burger. "Serves him right for leaving the burger right in front of me."

She cut a small wedge off the burger and ate it, along with the large crisp deli pickle on the side of the plate. Just as she was crunching on a bite of the pickle, her father apparated back, two cheesecakes in hand--one to go home, and the other one already cut and ready for serving. He set the cut one on the table and put the other nearby. He saw her crunching his pickle and noticed the piewedge shaped piece cut out of his burger along with several missing fries. He tried to look serious about it, but he could not hide his amusement.

"Shall I get you one of your own?" he asked her.

"No thanks. I"m eating yours," she replied, undaunted.

"So I noticed," he laughed out loud. "Oh, fine. I guess I'll share. Take half."

"I was going to. I was just being nice about it for now," she laughed.

"Can I at least have my own slice of cheesecake?" he asked.

"Probably," she shrugged, as he sat back down at his place. He cut the burger in half and gave her the rest of her half that she had not otherwise already eaten. "Thanks," she grinned at him.

"You'd think the girl hasn't eaten all day," he told them.

"I haven't," Khaat admitted. "And you';re right, Daniel. Stan has a great sense of humor. I think I like him."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22669
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:48 am

"He and I had the best times together", Daniel sighed, "It's comforting to know he cares. I don't think I'll ever meet another man like him. He loved pranks, and he protected me from the group of Slytherin kids that used to tease us for being homosexual. I sneaked him into the Gryffindor common room a few times for a quick kiss and a good time. The last time I saw him alive, that awful gang had given him a wedgie and painted the word 'homo' across his forehead. That's what made him do it." Daniel was still slightly choked up, but not enough that he wouldn't try to finish his burger and fries. He engulfed his meal quickly, and belched quietly. Stan was still behind him, but he was rubbing his lover's shoulders.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 am

"He seems to be drawn to you because of your strong feelings," Khaat said. "That can be a comforting thing for us to have them closeby. I'm sorry that the Gryffs were so cruel. Sometimes Gryffindors can have really strong personalities and it makes them headstrong a lot of the time when they shouldn't be. I come from a long line of them. Gryffs sometimes don't consider others feelings and they expect others to be as strong as they are. Well, you're amongst family and friends now, so that should make you and Stan both feel better." She motioned to a stack of plates sitting on a table beside the bar. A stack of dessert saucers came over and set themselves beside the cheesecake. She served up several slices of the delicious chocolate orange cheesecake that had chocolate crust and had a dark chocolate ganache drizzled over the top with candied orange peel garnishing the top. Khaat's favorite part was the candied orange. "Help yourselves. Its our best selling dessert this summer," she said. "Oh. Forks. " She accio'd several dessert forks that flew over to the table, handle first, and landed very politely beside the cheesecake. Khaat took a slice for her father and one for herself, and took a fork for him and one for her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:09 am

(The gang that made Stan kill himself were Slyths not Gryffs, most of the Gryffs were very supportive of Daniel and Stan)

"Those Slytherins got theirs, I recognized one at the Battle for Grimmauld, and killed him. Before dying, he called me queer and hoped for every future boyfriend I ever have would die in some horrible way" Daniel said, he felt the spirit massage him. "Something feels funny on my shoulders, maybe I drank too much or something" he said, not realizing it was Stanley. Daniel took a slice of cake and started eating, "Stanley slipped a potion into the Slytherin gang's drinks once, it made them act like fools".
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:31 am

"Its just Stan's touch you're feeling. You'll get used to spirit energy if you're around it enough," Khaat said. "He just is reminding you that you know better than to believe in some other person's negative vindictive feelings. Stan seems to know that business is just nothing but nonsense now. I don't think he puts the same weight on someone else's mean words and actions as he once did. Generally, we change our minds about a lot of things once we move on. Things come back into a much clearer deeper perspective once we don't have a lot of worldly cares to preoccupy our minds. So--how's the cheesecake?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:42 am

Daniel relaxed at every soft, electrifying touch. He was snapped out of the euphoria by Khaat's words. "I never did take that gang seriously, but Stan had easily hurt feelings. I'm just glad he won't be hurt anymore on whatever plane of existence he's in now. Oh, and the cheesecake's perfect. Absolutely perfect." The electrifying touches continued, sinking Daniel into a bright abyss of joy. The firewhiskey's effects compounded this, making him sink in his seat a little bit. He devoured the cheesecake slice slowly, savoring each bite.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:59 am

Khaat took a bit of her own cheesecake. It was pure chocolate decadence. Luxurious. Lizzie had outdone herself when she had created this version in the Sparks kitchen. The only thing that could make her happier with it was if she had a large cup of really good coffee along with it. But the Leaky did not serve her beloved French Roast.

"Here," Robert said to her, "Allow me." He knew her far too well. He conjured a large mug of the tar black, full bodied coffee for her to accompany her cheesecake. "Extra strong, no cream, no sugar," he told her.

"Thank you," she smiled, picking up the mug and sniffing it. It smelled almost as good as coffee made by hand in her own coffee pot, when she took the time to actually grind the beans herself and make the coffee from scratch. Her father picked up the pen and made hasty work of signing the forms she brought and put them back in her bag for her.

"I suppose the staff would like to be paid, wouldn't they?" he smiled at her. "And don't worry about Stan. He seems to be happy, Daniel. "

"His energy seems to have a lot of contentment in it," Khaat agreed. "Well, thanks for dinner, Daddy. I'd better get these forms back to accounting so they can issue the payroll. Nice meeting you all, " She rose. "See ya, Stan," she smiled at the apparition. She leaned down and kissed her father, picked up her bag and the large mug of fresh coffee and apparated back to her office at St. Mungos.

"I have no idea where she gets her workaholic nature from," Robert sighed.

"Oh, I wonder!" Brian echoed sarcastically, rolling his eyes in disbelief and laughing.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:13 am

Daniel's euphoria was snapped away when people began talking again. He waved to Khaat as she apparated away. Stan sat on Daniel's lap, his spirit clearly visible to the rest of the world. "Having him here is like falling in love with him all over again. Beautiful." Suddenly, as quickly as he came, Stan faded away. Daniel was disappointed, but hey, we all had to go sometime. Suddenly, an owl flew in. The big snowy owl landed on Daniel's shoulder while holding a small package by its beak from the bundling string. The package was from Brienne, and inside was a package of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans and some chocolate frogs. A note in the package simply read "You're welcome". Daniel sent his owl, Nishan, back home for some rest.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:52 am

OOC: Skeeter, where did you go??? Come back!
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri Finch Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:54 pm

((Haha, sorry!))

Skeeter sat back and listened to the conversation unfold in front of him. He could be outgoing, but he was also sort of an opportunist when it came to conversation. He only jumped in when it would benefit him or someone else.

At the moment, he found more benefit in listening to the conversation between Khaat and Daniel. It was intriguing to hear that people would still visit each other, even after their death. He knew of ghosts but Khaat was talking about some sort of spirit. And she could see them.

Aurors were interesting to say the least.

He took a slice of the cheesecake and ate it. Heavenly. Patting his stomach, he leaned back. "Mmmm." He looked over at Khaat. "Divine. That was simply the best cheesecake I have ever had the pleasure to devour. Thank you."
Henri Finch
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top