You Work For Me Now
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You Work For Me Now Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You Work For Me Now

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You Work For Me Now Empty You Work For Me Now

Post by Aaron Marcheti Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:57 am

If there was one thing on the agenda for Aaron, it was to get as many like minded people on his side. By like minded, of course, he meant people who believed in the general idea he had. There were few people who shared like minds, and even fewer people who could even stay in the same ball park as Aaron. At least that was the way he felt about it. He could not see how anyone could share the same thoughts as he did. In fact he took pride in the self wrought individualism.

So it was rare to come across someone so dedicated to their own cause. Whight was a passionate individual who had the drive that Aaron was looking for. He was a lot like Silvyr in a way, being that they were both very prideful and driven to accomplish things. Aaron did not say much about their pride, but he thought it was wasteful. A person was never as good as they should be, and if they have already reached their peak so young in life as to be prideful about it, they were usually just delusional.

Aaron was never satisfied. It was one of the driving factors behind everything he schemed out. Everything could always be better, faster, and more efficient. It was just about finding the right pieces to the puzzle, and Whight was just a piece he needed to complete it.

Aaron contacted him with a formal business letter expressing interest in him as an employ. He was as shady as possible with the details but he assured him that it was a very lucrative opportunity and he would be foolish to not take him up on it. Of course, he would find out, that it was no\t exactly the "typical" opportunity, but he would take an interest in it once Aaron started speaking.

Aaron stood on the corner in his business robes. He was always dressed appropriately and he needed to look the part for this. The key was going to be to make Whight believe he was in control of his own destiny. A man who liked to get things done also likes to feel important. Being a muggle hater, Aaron needed someone who could help Aaron better understand them. Who better to approach than someone who absolutely hated them.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

You Work For Me Now Empty Re: You Work For Me Now

Post by Whight Linstrum Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:52 am

Whight sat at the table behind his usual mountain of books writing as feverishly as ever. The mountain consisted of books from both the muggle and wizard world. He felt it would be good try and find some connections between the worlds to help him gain a better understanding of everything. How can the muggle be so oblivious to the other world that's right in front of them? he wondered.

He flipped his way through books of maps, pages of wizard law, and scrolls of spells. He knew this was just the beginning of what may soon become his life, but he [/i]would[/i] make his parent's dream come true even if it resulted in the plan being forced on those involved. His hand began to ache from writing everything in his journal he found of interest. Upon a small break he noticed something at the window; a dark brown owl holding a letter.

He assumed the letter was from his old master beckoning him to go on some task that he himself could not make time for. Whight had become his master's errand boy but this did not bother him. The man had taken Whight in with little to no thought, it was the least he could do to give back to to his generosity. He slid the window open and retrieved the letter. The owl flew away after a light brush upon it's head.

Whight examined the letter. It was not from the professor, but from someone he had never heard of before; Aaron Marcheti. The letter was sealed with wax that had the letters "AM" melted in the center. Interested, Whight slipped a letter opened through the wax and quickly began to read the message. He mauled it's words around in his head for a moment. This could be the next step, he thought eagerly. Whight knew he had an apprenticeship for as long as he needed work but he was beginning to get bored with the work and was ultimately ready to his own life. The professor would be excited if the worked turned out to be what Whight was looking for either way; he was always supportive.

Tomorrow- Diagon Alley- The Silver Rivers at seven post meridian. -Aaron Marcheti Whight would be there, not a second late.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:13 am

Aaron hated big crowds and fancy places, but it was a good place for them to talk and not have to worry about anything, The people who ate at the fancy places were always too busy with their own thoughts to listen to the people around them. It was perfect because Aaron never had to worry about the snooty risk people over hearing what he had to say. They just safely assumed that he was their on business, and technically they were right.

"Reservation for Matson."

Aaron tapped his fingers on the counter as the host flipped through the list. His name was found quickly and Aaron gave a smile before following him to the table. He completely ignored all of the people that were eating. He knew most of them were lost in their own conversations, but he was just used to not making any eye contact. When he reached his table, he pulled off his robe and quickly sat down, thanking the host.

He only had to wait for about five minutes before Whight showed up. Show time Aaron thought to himself as he stood up to greet him with an extended hand for a handshake. "Mr. Linstrum, great to have you here." Aaron was polite and formal, giving a firm handshake but not overbearing. He motioned for him to sit down and then he followed suit quickly.

"I understand that this is all short notice and seemingly out of the blue, but in this business that's how it goes I suppose." Aaron gave him a few seconds to settle before he went any further.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:42 am

On Whight's approach, he was glad he dressed his best considering the man that sat at his table seemed to have done the same. He thanked the host that lead him. "The pleasure's all mine Mr. Marcheti," he said shaking the man's hand matching his grip. He placed a quick hand upon his chest to reassure himself his book was in the inner pocket. The jacket slid off with ease and was placed on the back of his chair. Whight adjusted the cuffs of his sleeves and said, "It's been no inconvenience to me," he folded his hands. "Business is typically a fast pace game, I understand."

Whight spoke as smooth as he possibly could while keeping eye contact as much as possible. The man made him feel as if they were equals, and just by the way the man sat he felt as if the man had more to offer Whight than anyone had to offer in a very long time. "I'm curious," he said. "What is it you really have to offer me? The letter was quite vague. And I'm also curious to hear about how you learned of my name; not many know who i am and I like it that way," he finished with a light smile.

Whight leaned back in his chair getting a bit more comfortable after ordering a water. He was very interested in the next words he was about to hear. His mind was already churning at his possible proposals. This man was one who changed people's lives.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:35 pm

He was already getting comfortable and that made Aaron want to smile. The people he typically dealt with where cocky and very hard to persuade. He hated how people fought progress so much . Aaron would come, offering the world, and they would somehow find a fault with his plan. Despite his efforts to research and get as much background information as possible, he still found himself struggling to get others to see things from his point of view.

But then again that was part of the fun.

"Well lets just say I am not most people." He grinned and folded his hands on the table. Leaned back, hands visible, a business like smile played across his face, every part of him was friendly and welcoming. It was all part of the plan. "As to what I have to offer you," He reached into his robe and he pulled out a small slip of paper. It had Whight's name on it and on the inside it had an account at Griungotts with a considerable amount of gold on the balance. "Opportunity." Was all he said as he slid the paper across the table.

"A chance to do all of your studies without the hassle of others and the burden of funding." He sat back in his chair again. "Before you ask there are no strings. You do what you please, you are your own boss. You do not answer to me or anyone, You do your own thing. The only thing that I require from you is access to all of your knowledge." He smiled and he sat there, waiting for the man to respond to his offer.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:13 am

He momentarily studied the envelope that was pushed his way and then looked back up as the speech continued. The man spoke with a confidence that Whight liked in any individual. There was no hesitation in his words, he knew exactly what he wanted to say and exactly what he wanted to be interpreted. Mr. Marcheti was sure of himself and was not an individual who wasted his own or anyone's time. He was direct and to the point which Whight rarely found in anyone.

Whight let the man's words sink in. He was in no way going to impulsively respond to a offer that could result in a grave mistake. As Whight thought, he knew that this could be his next step in life. He could continue doing exactly what he loved for as long as he liked, and then again he had started taking a great liking to his own "darker" secrets that only the professor was aware.

Whight took a deep breath and began, "You may say that I am my own boss but we both know that by you giving me this opportunity, technically you do become my boss in some way. I would be required to answer to you when you needed to acquire the knowledge I posses, but I don't see that posing any sort of problem and I don't mind working for someone. Everyone has someone to answer to; an employee to their boss and a boss to their employee."

Whight now wanted a bit more than what he assumed he might receive without some pressure on the man. He knew he could settle with the offer and everything would potentially fall in place, but he wanted to really know what was going on. "I'm interested in what your over all plan is. A man that can hand out "opportunity" so easily has a plan of some sort or is in the works of constructing something on a large scale. Before I basically hand you the life time of knowledge I have gathered, I want you to tell me what I'll be gaining that is of equal value to what I'll be giving. But know, money and other materials are of little value to me, you can not simply best someone with stuff, which brings me to the burden of money and people. No such things exist. I do work for a man that pays considerably well already and that job has given me skills that even you may find use for in due time. As for people, I pride myself in my ability to avoid anyone I want. So please, intrigue me if you will."

Satisfied with his response, Whight took a small drink of his water and leaned back in his chair. He was eager to see if someone could finally offer him something he was genuinely interested in and that he himself couldn't do alone.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:09 am

Aaron expected a bit of resistance. He predicted that Whight would be interested, and from the look on his face, he could tell he was. But, as it was, people just did not walk up and offer ridiculous amounts of money for nothing. Of course Aaron intended to use the man for his knowledge, but who else wasn't? The world revolved around relying on other peoples knowledge, Aaron was just more adept at it and knew what he was looking for.

Aaron adjusted himself in his seat, leaning in closer and looking around the room to make sure that no one was listening. "Whight we are both men who see the world differently. For the most part, people live a delusion. The surround themselves with lies of happiness and false truths that only make them feel better." He paused for dramatic effect and took a drink of his water. "We are, in a sense, above these people. Equality and whats "fair" are nothing but lies made up by people who cannot accept the truth about life."

"I am offering you a chance to truly work. Not just do things that other people like yourself do. No, a chance to be different. A chance to overstep your bounds and discover things without the limitations set in place by the general population." He sat back in his chair and then shrugged his shoulders, glancing down at the piece of paper that he held.

"As for my overall plan, well we all have our secrets. I am sure you understand that in this line of work you cannot give away everything that you do. Just know this, stay with me long enough, and you will see a change that you never thought possible. A new world, if you will."
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:06 am

He half expected an answer much like the one he received. This man clearly knew a great deal that Whight was unaware of and the desire to Know almost took over. "You have your secrets and yes, I understand." Mr. Marcheti was in the business of change, big change and that was exactly what Whight wanted to be apart of. His own knowledge and ideas may come of use to the man but he would have to be careful because this was a man who possessed the ability of manipulation. The man hid it well but Whight just knew from past experience that in the work of changing things, many would have to be pawns for the execution of the plan.

"Don't tell me what you think I may want to hear just so I will join your cause. Instead, tell me, better yet, guarantee that I will not be just one of your simple pawns in this game, but a piece that is has greater maneuverability and power than many others; perhaps a right or left hand man or of the likeness. I'm aware that you saught me out personally but that could easily be done to make an impression, and I mean no disrespect. I want to know here and now, before I accept your offer, that I am not making a commitment that could leave me severely scarred or worse by your hands."

Whight wanted to know that his use for this man would have meaning and power. He wanted to have control over what he would be giving to the man in the sense that Whight could stop helping him if he failed to follow through with what he was offering. He always knew he could flee if things got out of hand, but if he was in a desired position then the thought would never cross his mind.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:02 am

Aaron smiled because he enjoyed the thirst for power in the man. He knew what he wanted and he was going to do whatever it took to get it. Aaron admired that, but he could not just go around giving power out like it was nothing. He still did not entrust Silvyr with all the knowledge he wanted. If Aaron wanted him to know it, he would make sure he did.

He leaned in again, this time looking very serious. He lowered his voice when he spoke. "Gaining my trust is no easy task. If you want to get to the upper echelons of my world, you have to earn it." He smirked slightly before he leaned back in his seat, bringing his hands up to the table and placing them softly there. "You want access to my knowledge, I want access to yours."

He paused for dramatic effect, slowly taking a sip of the water in front of him. "Trust Whight, trust is the key to this partnership lasting. You want to be part of change and see the things that I have to offer, I need you to give me access to you completely. In the business of change, there can be no secrets. So, I ask you, are you still wanting to be part of this?"
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:17 pm

This was all Whight knew he was going to get out of the man, there was no pushing him any further. He studied the man once more. The demeanor that fell from him had power, influence and determination; Whight loved what he heard and saw. He looked at the envelope once more and saw it looked just as professional as the one he had received by owl. He picked it up to closer examine it. He rose to put on his coat and placed the letter inside it's pocket without reading it.

He had finally pieced together who this man was. Whight had met a man named Silvyr who spoke of the same things Mr. Marcheti spoke of. He now knew that what their group was trying to do was truly in the works and change would be taking place, it was only a matter of time and Whight had the patience to wait it out.

They both stood and Whight extended a hand. "I hope to be hearing from you very soon Mr. Marcheti. Thank you for this opportunity," he said with a firm hand shake. He tucked his coat closed and continued, "Looks like it is time to finally purchase a wand of my own so I can preform to fullest of my abilities." He inclined his head and turned to leave.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top