It will only hurt a little - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It will only hurt a little - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It will only hurt a little

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It will only hurt a little - Page 6 Empty Re: It will only hurt a little

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:14 am

Miseria studied carefully how Khaat held little Dakota in her hands, feeding her, and listened to every word, keeping them in mind. For her, her child's safety, was one of the most important thing right now, so she agreed instantly when Khaat offered little girl to stay with them for few days before she can get out from the hospital. „Thank you,“ she said quietly, looking down at baby again. It was so interesting to look at her. And it was hard to believe that once, she was also that tiny.
„But the fact that she was born that early, that doesn't make her... well, weaker than the other kids, right?“ she asked, raising her eyebrows. Even if that would happen, she'd give everything to make Dakota feel good.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:04 am

"No. It won't. It might have if she had been a muggle baby, but not only are wizarding children a bit different, but we have better healing methods available to us than the muggles have. You know your grandfather and I are not going to let her be a fragile child. She is going to grow up strong and healthy--just like Abbey is and Abbey was smaller when she was born than Dakota is. Your daughter is going to be fine. Oh, here. Let's burb her so she doesn't get sick."

Khaat picked up the child and laid the baby on her shoulder and patted her back gently. She listened for the tiny air bubble that would prevent her from being sick when Dakota released it. "Good girl," Khaat smiled. "She's going to be a good baby, Mis. I've seen some that are just generally unhappy from their first breath. She's a very happy little girl. Here, you can finish feeding her." Khaat replaced the baby in Mis's arms so Dakota could finish feeding.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22636
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:08 am

Right now, Miseria could smile once again. She really hoped that everything will be perfect and good. „See, Abbey can wear Dakota's clothes,“ she said quietly, listening how her little girl burbed. Then she took a bottle, now realizing that her hands were shaking. How was she supposed to do this again? „Uh, Khaat?“ she looked up. Right now, she was holding her daughter in a right position, though, she was afraid that the little girl might suffocate while she will feed her. „Could you show me how to do this, once more, please?“ she looked up, eyes begging her to help.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:29 am

"You're allowed to be nervous," Khaat said gently. "But she won't break. She's a fine, healthy little girl. You have her in the right position. That's fine." She showed her how to hold the bottle so that it didn't feed Dakota any more air than necessary and showed her how to keep an eye on that. "There. Just like that. You're doing fine. " She let Mis finish feeding her and then Khaat took Dakota and burped her again and made sure the baby's mouth was clean.

"There, Dakota. You can visit with your mama awhile," Khaat said softly to the baby who was instantly satisfied and was already slipping off to sleep in Khaat's arms. "That's the sign of a happy baby. She's going right to sleep," Khaat smiled, putting her back in Miseria's arms. "She has a right to be tired. She's had a big evening, and she's got a lot to adjust to, just like you. Its a whole new world to her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:40 am

Watching and learning step by step how Khaat fed the baby, and gave Miseria right to finish it, she finally did it. With complications inside her, and holding little girl in her arms, trying to make it comfortable for her and at the same time, trying to keep her up, so that she won't fall, it was pretty easy just to feed someone. She just has to learn to trust herself, not to be afraid of everything. When Khaat took Dakota, Miseria put the bottle away, and took the baby.
She was so sweet and innocently beautiful when she was asleep. „Thank you,“ she said happily, now humming again to the child.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:43 am

"You're welcome. I want you to think about something. You're going to need some pajamas or nightgowns and robes and slippers for a few days. I presume those things are all at Hogwarts? Or do you still have some things in your room at the house in Hogsmeade? I am sure you want some of your own personal items here to take care of yourself with. Tell me where I can find those things and I will bring them for you in the morning. When I had Abbey I really appreciated being able to stop wearing hospital gowns and wear my own things, and I think pretty much every new mom likes being back in her own things. Where can I get some of your things?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 am

Clothes! Darn, she didn't even think about those things! She looked down at the robes what she was wearing right now – big, but actually comfortable trousers and a huge shirt. Yet, now when she didn't have a belly, she could wear her skinny tight jeans and t-shirts again!
„yes, they are still in school,“ she said. „I didn't think that I will become a mother today so I didn't bring anything with me. Sorry,“ she said quietly, looking now up again. Dakota was already sleeping, and Miseria tried to keep her voice down, and lower.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 am

"I will send for them," Khaat said. "I will bring a couple of things here for you when I get them. Until then, I will simply get some pajamas and things for you until I get your things. It still night time and fairly late, so I can get those things when the stores open again. I will send word to your head of house and get what you need.

"You really should get some rest, though. Delivering a baby is exhausting work, and your body needs sleep. If you don't think you can sleep, say so, and I will get you a dose of a sleeping potion so you can get some good quality rest...." She was cut off by Dakota's angry little cry. Khaat looked at the squalling child and laughed a little, "I thought you were happy, little miss. What is it now? Let's see." She picked up her grandchild and found there was now a wet diaper. "Ah. Well, I wouldn't like that either. She's wet, Mis. I guess she's going to get all this disturbance done at once. "

At that moment her father walked in and when he saw Khaat still there he said, "I thought I might find you here still. May I?" he asked.

"Of course," Khaat said. "Dakota, this is your great grandpa." She handed the baby to Robert. He held the young life in his strong hands with expert confidence and began to soothe her at once. He sent for a diaper and a cloth to clean her. When it came, it took him no time at all to change her. He wasted no time in showing Miseria some tricks and tips to calming an aggitated and upset baby, and soon Dakota was in a sound sleep in his arms.

"She's gorgeous, Mis," Robert beamed. "Your grandmother is going to be so excited. You know you still have a bedroom at our house, so you are more than welcome to stay with us anytime. And your mother is only about 10 minutes away from the farm. You are a wonderful part of our family, and we all want you to know how very proud of you--always. Don't worry if you don't have all the answers to taking care of Dakota right away. We all are more than happy to help. We'd do just about anything for you. You know that. But don't tell everybody else that," he grinned, "There are some people who actually think I'm some sort of tough guy."

"Shows how much they know," Khaat laughed.

"So how are you feeling now, Mis?" Robert asked, "Any pain or discomfort now?" He laid Dakota back in her arms. "She should be satisfied for a little bit now, I would imagine. Until the next time her stomach gets empty or her diaper gets full. One or the other."

"Your baby sister is the same way," Khaat said to Mis.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:07 am

„Thank you, only please don't tell the to the Heaf of House what really happened. Just say that I'm really sick, and need to stay in St. Mungos for a while. Depression, suicide attempts, whatever, only don't mention the baby, okay?“ she begged her. That would only ruin her day. People would ask her all kinds of questions and Miseria would just love to live calmly. She was still a student. Perhaps some day later, after her graduation when she'll bring little Dakota with her. She'll be two years old by that time.

„Yeah, but I'm not sleepy. I can't take another walk or it's nessesary for me to take a sleep?“ she asked, voice silent, but then she flinched when little girl started crying in her own arms. She let Khaat took Dakota, and watched her, sighing after a little while. „Oh, I also need to buy some dipers for her, too,“ she laughed quietly. This was going to be a funny disaster for her. She didn't even know how to change dipers, and she just learned how to feed babies correctly from the bottle.
God! Help me!

When Robert came in, Miseria didn't do anything, neither did she comment when he took her daughter. It was good that both of them were around. They knew how to do such things at the same time, when Miseria was supposed to watch, useless as she was. When he told her that she was more than welcome to their house, she took a deep breathe. „Thank you,“ she said, but smiled then. „Don't worry, I won't.“

„I am feeling fine, though, there's still a pain in my stomach,“ she said, taking the baby back. „But the rest is just fine,“ she said, looking at Khaat, smiling her widely.
„It's still unbelievable that I'm mother now,“ she said, looking back at sleeping child.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:43 am

"You visit, Khaat," Robert said, "I'll get her some pain potion. I'll be right back. I won't be even one moment." Khaat watched him slip off to get something to help her daughter's pain. It certainly was normal to have some discomfort. "When he comes back, I want you to take the potion and then get some sleep. I'll take Dakota back to her bed. You've both had a very busy night. You both need some rest. It really is important," Khaat said. "You'll feel a lot better in the morning. I promise."

When Robert came back, he put a small glass of a potion in Khaat's hand. Khaat handed it to Miseria. "This will take away your pain and help you relax so you can sleep. I know being a new mother can be very exciting and changes everything in your world, but you honestly do need to rest. It's very, very late, and you need the sleep. We'll take care of you and Dakota so your body can catch up with your brain a little bit. Take this for me."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top