It will only hurt a little - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It will only hurt a little - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It will only hurt a little

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It will only hurt a little - Page 5 Empty Re: It will only hurt a little

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Few hours after she fainted, Miseria could finally open her eyes. She felt empty when she woke finally up and could look around. The room where she was, was all in white. Then she looked down, and as she saw that she didn't have her belly anymore, she realized that what she was trough, wasn't a nightmare, it was all real. But where is her daughter?

It seemed that her movements, which were actually still slow, made one yound female doctor look at her and rush there. „Could I see doctor Khaat and Robert Lupin, please?“ she asked in a quiet voice before the young woman could even ask her herself.
„But are you sure you don't want anything else? Something to drink or eat? You've been in a deep sleep for four hours,“ she told her. Thad made Miseria raise her eyebrows, but then she just shook slowly her head. She didn't want anything, not yet, though. The only thing what she was worried about, was her daughter who she couldn't even hold for a brief moment before passing out.

When girl left the room, Miseria pushed herself up so that she could sit and look around. Her stomach was still painful but not that much as it was before giving a birth. Right now, it seemed like it was just a punch, nothing more. As the door was still open, she wondered if her legs were strong enough and if they could carry her? Would she be able to walk down the hallways herself or maybe just wait for the doctors arrive and tell her what to do and what's the best.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Khaat had been holding Miseria's baby now for what felt like hours. The baby was large for her young age, and well developed. She did not have any difficulties for being premature. The baby was four pounds and twelve ounces and was just a bit over 15 inches long. Above average for weight and height. She was a fine, beautiful little girl.

One of the healers came to her and said that Miseria was awake and asking to see her and Robert. She took the baby with her, thinking Mis would want to see her, and she stopped at her father's office where he was doing paperwork.

"You really don't have to bodyguard that baby, my dear" her father looked up and laid his reading glasses on his desk.

"I know. I came to ask you to come to Mis's room with me. She's awake and asking for us. "

"Well, it is about time for that sleeping spell to wear off. Of course. I need to tell her I am responsible for her change of rooms and floors, not you. Come, my dear."

They went upstairs and went into Mis's new room together.

"Hey, Mis," Khaat smiled gently, "I have a little girl here who would like to meet her mama. Would you like to hold her?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22636
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:31 pm

She didn't wait long. Well, it seemed so to herself. She was busy looking out of the window and then at all the objects in this room. They were interesting, though. Everything was so new and those were the things she wanted to study.

When Robert and Khaat entered the room, Miseria's eyes widened as she looked at the baby in her hands. „Is this... mine?“ she asked in a little shock. Yes, this definately was. She couldn't actually believe that her little girl was so big and yet, so sweet and innocent. She reached her weak arms out, begging wordlessly Khaat to hand the child over. She wanted to look at her little baby, look, and love her the way a real mother supposed to do it. She wanted to scream from the happy feeling but she was afraid that she'll just scare the little girl and she'll start crying. And a young mother who was afraid of lot of things, didn't want such thing to happen.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Khaat went over to Mis and laid the baby in her arms tenderly. "She's beautiful, Mis. And perfect in every way. Look at all that dark hair. She's going to be a beautiful little girl. I bought some toys for her and had them put them in her bassinet in the hospital nursery to help to start to stimulate her senses and give her some comfort. I hope that's okay with you. I know how much it meant to me that Abbey had those things. How are you feeling? Any pain now? "

"How are your nerves?" Robert asked Miseria gently. "

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Miseria stared at the baby. She was holding her carefully, trying not to drop her, though, her hands were still numb and she could barely feel her on her arms. But she pressed her against her breast, closing her eyes and humming quietly. It was her own baby, her child...
„I'm fine, thanks,“ she replied when she heard Khaat's question. Although, she looked paler than usual, the pain what she felt took all the color off of her, made her look even sicker than she already was, but she felt fine now. Even this little pain what she felt before holding a child was now gone. It was replaced with kind of sadness and emptiness. But in her heart, she knew that she was more than just happy. She carried a life with her for all those seven months and now, she held this little form of it all.
„When can I sign her name up?“ she asked, not even opening her eyes to look up at new grandmother and grad-grand father.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:45 pm

"We'll do that. You just tell us what you want to name her, and we do the rest for you," Robert explained. "Its a matter of some forms St. Mungos completes. I'll do those for you. Right now, she's just going by Baby Girl Lupin. But you have the right to call her whatever you like. Mis, there's something I need to tell you. The reason you feel so calm right now is because of a spell you're under to keep you calm. I need to keep you here a few days until I see how you're going to be once the spell wears off. Some new mothers just have a hard time emotionally with the birth of a child, and, well, sometimes you can get a bit depressed as it is. The point is that I love you, and I want to be sure that you are completely well, physically and emotionally."

Khaat listened at her father's well chosen words. She wasn't sure if Miseria was capable of connecting the dots right now, but if she wasn't then perhaps it was for the best, at least for tonight.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:49 pm

„That's okay,“ she said, stopping her humming for a second. „After all, it makes me feel better,“ she added calmly, opening her eyes to take another look at her child. She looked just like a pretty little doll! And her black hair... Almost the same like her father's! Would the baby be awake, she'd see how beautiful her pretty eyes were! A tierd smile appeared on her lips again when she continued humming and holding little girl against her chest.
„The name?“ she raised her eyebrows. „Dakota Khaat Lupin,“ was the name what she announced to a little girl to carry with her.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Khaat smiled, "It's a beautiful name. Thank you. It's quite an honor. "

"I'll do the paperwork and have her nameband changed," Robert smiled. He watched the tiny baby just beginning to squirm and fuss. He laid his hand on the tiny child's head. "Ah. It seems she's hungry. She's just about to let us know how unhappy that makes her. " He went to the door and ordered a bottle for Dakota. A healer brought it in seconds and Khaat took it from her.

Khaat went over and asked Mis, "Have you ever fed a bottle to a baby before? Or do you need a little help?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Miseria nodded at Khaat who thought that this name was beautifu. Dakota was just a pretty name what Miseria liked and Khaat was for her mother, and the girls granny.
When she heard Robert leaving, she opened her eyes, and nodded. „Help would be nessesary,“ she said calmly. She never fed little babies before, not even from the bottle. It was actually the first time when she was holding someone so little and precious. And it was still hard to believe that this little girl belonged to her!
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:28 am

"Like this," Khaat said calmy and quietly. She showed Mis how to position Dakota and how to hold the bottle. She showed her how to coax Dakota to drink and was pleased when Dakota took to it without much difficulty at all.

"She's a good little eater already," Khaat smiled. "That's good. That will help her grown and help her resist infections so she can stay healthy. When she''s about halfway through her bottle, we need to stop and give her a chance to let her stomach settle before she drinks the rest of it. You'll need her to burp her then and when her bottle is empty. Its important to try to not let any air get in her tummy or it will make her tummy upset. You're doing fine. Mis, Dakota is going to be ready to go home tomorrow--before you're ready to go. Until you';re well again, we'll take care of her for you. Your grandparents and me. It's what's best for Dakota right now, and that's what's important--doing the right thing for both of you. " Khaat looked at Dakota and smiled at her, " Besides, she's my granddaughter. Where else should she be if she can't be with you? She needs her family--just like you do."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top