It will only hurt a little - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It will only hurt a little - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It will only hurt a little

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It will only hurt a little - Page 4 Empty Re: It will only hurt a little

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Miseria heard when Robert left but she didn't open her eyes. It was unnessesary for her right now. Because of it all, she could feel that her werewolf abilities were growing kind of stronger. She could hear things, but only for a several moments before the pain hit her again. She grabbed the blanket with her thin fingers, clinching it and trying not to scream. It was becoming even worst and worst with every second.
She could feel that Khaat was there, but then again, she was so afraid to open her eyes. Then she screamed in the pain. She could even feel the taste of her own blood in her mouth, but she was unable to do something about it. How long will it be like this? It already felt like forever, though, it had been only for a minute when the pain had begun.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Khaat had been deep in her own thoughts, thinking about Miseria and what Khaat might need to do to help her with the new baby. She really wanted Mis to do well, but Miseria was so fearful that she was causing things to not go as well as the should have been going. When Mis began to have another painful contraction, Khaat rose and laid her hand on Miseria's forehead. "Stop," she said softly, commandingg the pain to ease. She knew it was important for nature to take its course as much as possible,but she didn't see the sense in her suffering either. "Breathe, Mis. That will ease the pain any time now, " Khaat said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22636
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:22 pm

When Khaat layed a hand on her forhead, Miseria nodded, she knew the command itself. Breathe and try to calm down was the main thing, but it was hard to do. But as the pain disappeared, she tryed to do what she told her to. „How long will it take before I am able to give a birth?“ she asked quietly, opening her eyes what were slightly turning into black now. She never used this ability before, though, now she couldn't even control herself because of the damn pain.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Khaat laid her hand on Miseria's stomach. "The contractions help your body to be able to deliver the baby. Your grandfather knows a numbing spell which will keep you from feeling pain. I'll have him use it. You'll feel pressure but not pain. A delivery can take several hours. But I know that spell made me more comfortable when I had Abbey. It stopped my pain for me. He'll be back any minute. I'll have him use it for you. Try to relax and rest until then."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Miseria nodded, closing her eyes again. It was good that both of them, Khaat and Robert, tried to help her and fix it somehow. She, herself, hoped that this birth will be quick. Hopefully, if she won't die, she even thought about the name what she'll give to her daughter. And she atleast hoped that she'll be stronger than She herself was. The best gift to a mother would be if she'll be okay.
„I hope that she will be fine,“ she said quietly, before taking a deep breathe and gave another try to calm down and relax.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Robert returned, and Khaat was grateful, as always, for his help. "Can you use that numbing spell to help her pain, Daddy?" she asked. "Well, yes. I can," he said, understanding that Khaat would not have asked if she had thought Miseria would stand up to the pain.

She watched him go over to her and laid his hand on Miseria's forehead. "This will make you very sleepy and it also clouds your thinking a bit. You'll have to concentrate on Khaat or me as the delivery progresses in order to follow our instructions. Understand?"

She watched her father cast the spell she's seen him do so many times, always feeling very grateful he was available to be a part of St. Mungos. He was so necessary. He was so skllled. And she loved him. She felt confident that Miseria was going to be fine.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:17 pm

When Robert returned, Miseria used a moment to open her eyes and look at him. If she'll die, at least it would be in the middle of her family, however, it was hard to believe that such thing may happen. Both of them were skilled doctors and they already did the best what they could. She was staying still while Robert laid his hand on her forhead and nodded while he warned her about feeling. Then she nodded, focusing on him.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Khaat watched her father take over a good portion of Miseria's care. He made sure she slept in between contractions and that all she felt was pressure but not pain, and that her thoughts were too numb to do anything but concentrate on him.

It reminded her that all she had heard during Abbey's very long and difficult delivery was the sound of Brian's voice. That her father had had to repeat the spell so many times, she could hear nothing else but Brian's voice. She lost complete track that there was anyone else in the room until she heard Abbey's first cry. It seemed to be, to a lesser extent, repeating itself.

Her father was positioning himself to be Miseria's labor coach. "You need to deliver this child, Khaat," he told her. "It's time."

Khaat nodded, understanding. She relayed instructions to her father who used them to coach Miseria through the delivery. she suspected he had used a spell to advance the labor as things got more difficult.
Khaat took over as much of the work from Miseria as she could, by using her magic, with as much skill as she had. Before long, she was holding a beautiful baby girl in her hands.

"It's a girl," she told her father, "And she's perfect. She's got a whole headful of dark hair. She's beautiful." She cleared the baby's face and started it breathing. It gave out a good strong cry.

"Mis," Robert said, "It's over. You have a beautiful little girl, and she' s perfect. She's just perfect."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:09 pm

The sleep was really short but when she woke up, she felt a little pain inside her, and she was tierd. Her breathing was hard and even when she heard a cry of her own daughter, she was unable to move herself, to raise her hands just to hold this little baby in her hands for a little moment. Then a smile appeared on her lips. „I have a perfect name for her,“ she said quietly, looking at them. Her eyes were cristal blue again but then she closed them again and passed off, fainting this time.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:37 pm

"Move out of the way, Khaat," Robert stood up quickly. Khaat stepped back and allowed him to work. She watched him check her carefully. After a long moment, he looked at Khaat, now serious. "Physically she's fine, Khaat. Her fainting is not from a physical cause. "

"What are you saying, Daddy?"

"I'm saying that she's not coped with this well. She's had, in laymen's terms, a nervous breakdown. Her anxiety about this was far too much for her. You have to leave this to me now. You take care of the baby. And do whatever you can do to take legal temporary custody of her until her mother recovers. This might take awhile. Go."

Khaat numbly called the healer from the pediatrics unit in and told the healer to list the name tag as "Baby Girl Lupin." She handed the baby to her and left the room. She apparated back to the ministry to her office there as Chief Warlock and completed the paperwork. She took it to Matt's office and quickly him sign it, giving Khaat sole temporary custody of her granddaughter. She rushed back to St. Mungos and created copies for Miseria's records there and the baby's. She returned to Miseria's room and found it empty and clean again and ready for a new patient. Her heart went into pure panic.

"Director," a healer called her gently. "Your daughter was only moved. That's all. Chief of Staff Lupin transferred her upstairs."

"Oh, God," Khaat said softly, hoping that wouldn't happen. She sat down heavily in a chair at the nurses station, feeling ill.

"Khaat?" she heard her father's voice, "What the devil is the matter with you?" She looked up to see a frown on his face.

"Mis..." she began.

"Didn't you know I'd move her upstairs to get better care? Did you panic or something?"

"Or something," Khaat replied softly.

"I would not let anything happen to my granddaughter. Shame on you for even thinking it, Khaat Karina Lupin. She's fine. She's upstairs, under sedation, where she belongs. Did you do what I told you?"

"Yes," she said, handing him his own copy of the custody papers.

"Excellent. Now you go get yourself together. I don't want her seeing you look like a rattled mom when she wakes up."

"I AM a rattled mom!" she retorted angrily.

"I will not let you see her while you're looking like it, though. Go on now. You can do better than this. Go. Get yourself together. " She went up to her office. Robert shook his head and sighed, putting his copy of the papers in his suit jacket pocket. He went back upstairs towards Miseria's room to finish writing her orders.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top