It will only hurt a little - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It will only hurt a little - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It will only hurt a little

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It will only hurt a little - Page 2 Empty Re: It will only hurt a little

Post by Miseria Lupin Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:27 am

Miseria shook her head. She'd rather give those clothes for Abbey to wear. Her baby will be smaller than usual and she'd have loads of time to use those things. And at the time when her child will be big enough, she could make those clothes look like the new ones, though, she'd have to buy some new clothes, too. „Yes, but Khaat, that's so unfair. The way you are all threating me. I want to do something for you, too, but it's like mission impossible. I really want to help you, but no one tells me how or what to do,“ she said sadly. She was like a little baby herself. Can't do anything, can't help anyone, just stay still and stare how the world and life goes on without her.

Finally she just sighed, taking after that a deep breathe. „I think I will just take a walk,“ she said. She wanted to study the hospital as well. Medicine was also one of her interests and it was the first time when she could just be here and look around, not to rush, though, she didn't even know where and when she'll feel the pain. „I don't mind getting tierd at all. And I'm quite interested in those updates in this hospital. Could you tell me please a little about them?“ she asked, giving her a warm smile again.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 pm

"Threatening you? Who is threatening you?" Khaat frowned. "And I don't mean to not let you help. Not at all. I guess I just remembered that there were times when a full load of classes at Hogwarts kept me very busy indeed. I didn't want to overburden you with the things I have going on in my life. " Then she smiled. "It's funny, isn't it? We care about each other so much that perhaps we get a bit overprotective. Alright, I won't do that anymore. As for your helping me, I'm sure the clothes will be a big help to Abbey. Besides that, you help just by being around. I love having you around. And when you're up to it, I really could use some help with Abbey. Without Rob to run Sparks, I am a bit busier doing that and working here too and being the Chief Warlock over the Wizengamot. I don't ever want her to grow up feeling that she's being pawned off to babysitters or feeling lonely because she doesn't have family around her. I want Abbey to know her big sister.

"Okay, so let's walk. Let's start on the top floor and work our way down. I'll start with my office and my father's and the lounge and we'll go from there. I do think we'll take the elevator though. Stairs would not be the best thing for you. Shall we go walk then? The elevator is this way, " she said, pointing to the right.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22636
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:05 am

„No, sorry, I mean the way you all are with me. Sorry, my english is still... well, you know,“ she frowned herself at the mistake. Finally she smiled. Strange, Khaat always gets her to think positive. She nodded, trying to imagine what was Abbey like. She hasn't even seen the pictures or just some usual photos. „I am glad that I can give something, but yes, guess that we could leave this 'overprotective' thing alone for a little time. You know that I always want to help, no matter how or what I should do. We've been trough a lot so that we can trust each other because I do trust you,“ she added with an important voice.

Then she nodded and went out of the room, looking around. When she saw Khaat pointing to the right, she walked over there. „Why isn't walking on the stairs good? It makes me quite tierd, I know, but doesn't that make birth quicker to come?“ she asked, raising her eyebrow. There were a lot of things what she didn't know yet.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:10 pm

"Well, yes, it does," Khaat answered her. "But, as you said, it does make you tired, and we don't want to use up your strength before you need it. It takes careful balance, and we need to be able to advance the birth without stressing you. The elevator is this way."

She led the way to the elevator and up the the 5th floor. "My office is this way. You should know where that is anyway." She led the way down the hallway to her own large and spacious office with its warm, classical decor and deep rich tapestry carpets on the floor.

Directly behind the desk was an oak credenza that showcased a large painting of her mother's above it. A seascape. On either side of the credenza were large floor to ceiling oak bookcases stuffed with an overflow of references of healing spells and potions and charms and other references she found necessary to run St. Mungos.

Across from the desk were two large wing chairs done in oak and black leather. On the far wall, floor to ceiling tapestry drapes hung in front of the large windows. A perch for Archangel sat in the corner. The opposite wall held a huge stone fireplace. The opposite wall from the bookcase held a large leather sofa where Khaat had often spent the night when it was necessary, along with oak end tables. All of the lamps in the room were stained glass that her mother had handmade. The space was large and comfortable and provided her often needed sanctuary from the outside world. It was a space she loved.

"This is where I'm at most often during the workday," she told Miseria. "And your grandfather's office is right next door. Of course, you're welcome here or his office anytime. "
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:23 pm

Miseria didn't say any words, however, she looked very carefully around, studying every object in those corridors and even in elevator. It was so interesting, though, she visited this place before. But now she was supposed to stay here for few days or even for a week. That wouldn't bother her actually. It was interesting, though. At the beginning. And as Khaat is here, she wouldn't feel so lonely after all. It was good to have someone near her. Someone who she could completely trust.

When they finally entered Khaat's office, Miseria raised her eyebrows as she looked at the painting. The woman on it was really beautiful. „Who's she?“ she asked, looking at Khaat. Then young woman over there... She didn't even know that she was looking at her own grandmother there because she hasn't even seen her old pictures. Then she studied the whole room. Khaat has done a remarkable change here, though, then again, Miseria hasn't seen the room before of it's makeover.

„That's so cool!“ she gasped oud loudly. It was nice to know that people who she'd love to see were only a door away from each other. And as she could come here, she could visit both of them at the time.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 pm

"Well, I thought that I should attempt to make it look rather formal and official since I do have a lot of business here. And it will be nice for you to be able to know that your grandfather and I are only a floor or so up from you. It really isn't far. And I'm very sure he will be checking on you, and so will I. I know you've never needed to know this before, but your grandfather has the finest healing skills of anybody I know. They're better than mine. And he always, always knows if I need him. So, you and your baby are in the safest place you could be right now.

"This floor has my office, your grandfather's, the healer's lounge, some training rooms for staff, and a daycare center for any child from birth to age 10 so that their parents can work here without needing to hire a nanny or a babysitter. Its nice for parents to know their children are well cared for only a few rooms away from them. Come. I'll show you your grandfather's office."

She went next door and opened her father's office door. His office was just as large and impressive, but done in dark cherry woods and shades of dark cornflower blue on the walls, with accessories that spoke to the sea and of his masculine tastes. Her father liked his official spaces to be a bit intimidating, and it was purposeful. It was very different from the casual English country decor that he actually preferred and that he surrounded himself with at home. "This is where he spends part of his time here--when he's not helping patients or working in his potions lab in the basement."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:41 am

Miseria only nodded while Khaat explained why she decided to make room look like this. She didn't have anything against it. Actually – she liked the way it was now.
She didn't say anything, yet. Khaat knew that she was a good healer as well, but she did also know that her father was good, too, though, he never healed her. Khaat's mother was the one who announced of her pregnance...

She followed her to the next office, looking around there. This cherry wood was beautiful in this office. And it looked so official! Probably it was the best place for a doctor to escape if he needed a moment of thought alone.
„Yeah, I'd spend most of my time here, too...“ she said, stepping a little bit closer to the table. It was so beautiful and cool here. For her, of course.
„Oh, Khaat, do you remember when I asked you about joining the Order?“ she smiled at her mother when turning herself at her.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:15 pm

"Yes. I do," Khaat said, "Still thinking about it? When you turn 17 you can do that if you want. I'm sure the Order would be pleased to have you. And I think you would be good for the Order, too. " She led Miseria down the hallway and showed her the training rooms and took her into the healer's lounge. She showed her the counter where healers had access to all sorts of cold and hot drinks, and snacks.

"Would you like something to drink?" she asked, pouring herself a cup of coffee. "You know me. I won't ever pass up a cup of coffee. If you want something, help yourself. There are some really excellent sodas in just about every flavor imaginable in the large refrigerator and ice in the icemachine. Take whatever you want. There's no cost to those. This is where the healers come for a break and to rest between crises or cases. Your grandfather and I don't usually get much of a chance to spend a lot of time in here, although we have been known to have to stay here all night. When that happens, whichever one of us is here, ends up sleeping on the sofa in my office. Not very glamorous, is it?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Miseria smiled at her. Becoming one of the order was like a dream to her, though, now she was doupting about it. Maybe it was better to act like a neutral and not waste her time to some fights, because of the child what she must raise? Although, Khaat told her that her mother would love to take care of those little kids, Miseria knew that she must give her helping hand in it, too. Yet, she also knew that she wouldn't be a perfect person to be a mother. She's always falling into a depression really fast and she takes a lot of riscs, no matter how huge they were.
„I hope that they will be welcoming, though,“ she said quietly, following her down the hallways and stopping near the coulter, looking at it with raised eyebrows. „You must be kidding me,“ she murmured quietly. She didn't wait for such things to be in this hospital. Well, she knew that the doctors can take drinks, but not from such things. It was well... almost Muggle like.

„Yeah... Um, ice tea?“ she didn't have any favourites. Well, not anymore. Before she loved hot chocolate, but later she discovered that she was allergic to this one so she had to change her likes to another ones. And green ice tea was good enough to satisfy her taste. „That's so cool, really, Khaat. Did you do it all?“ she asked, looking at her mother.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:28 pm

"Well, yes. I did," Khaat admitted, not wanting to seem boastful or prideful. She fixed Miseria a glass of iced green tea and handed it to her. "The hospital hadn't been changed in over a hundred years. It was definitely time to bring it into the 21st century. Wait til you see the basement. We have a full gym and spa down there that is not just for employees. Anyone can get a membership there. My favorite part is either the pool or the massage therapy. Its a good place to work out sore muscles. Oh, and the food has gotten a lot better. When I had Abbey, the food was still really bad here because they hadn't followed my orders. Since then, I've fired the chef and hired a five star, top notch gourmet chef and our food here is now better than most of the restaurants around. It's funny--I'm starting to see people coming to the hospital restaurant to go out for dinner because they like the food so much better than what they can find in the neighborhood. I don't mind that, but that's not why I did it. I did it because people who are healing need good tasting, nutritious food for their bodies to heal properly. That's why I did it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top