Lesson 4 - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 4 - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 4 - Basic Level

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 4 - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 4 - Basic Level

Post by Samuel Grigori Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:03 am

Sam smiled and waved leslie off. "Don't worry about it," he said, before rolling his eyes as Wilson had one of his little spats, "what a tool," Sam thought to himself as he turned to face the front.

Listening to what Wilson asked, Sam raised his hand. "Well sir, i'd say it's safe to think that every spell could be used as a defensive type one, the best defence is a good offence, as they say. However, i think i get the gist of what you mean," he said, pausing for a second. "Well, in a combat scenario i think that the confundus charm, as well as the disarming and Disillusionment Charm cover a variety of defensive techniques. The Disillusionment Charm takes the approach that avoiding conflict altogether is a good defensive technique," he told the class, "whereas the disarming charm would of course eliminate the threat completely, thus ending any threat on your way." he said, before moving onto his third technique. "And finally the confundus charm takes the most direct, offensive approach, wipe out the threat altogether and incapacitate it from rearing back up," he told thhe class. "Really, what i've covered is more the techniques you could take, not the spells, as there are literally hundreds of options to take there, those spells are really the three that would represent the three main methods of eliminating a threat and defending yourself in a duel." He concluded on the defensive side of things.

"On the offensive side it's a little trickier than that, most spells can be used in an offensive nature, and are intended to be so, however there are a few that i suppose you could use that aren't intended for offensive purposes. Perhaps the tickling charm could be an example, where the aim of the spell is to tickle, probably a prank sort of thing, however it could be used to effectively take out or distract an opponent in combat, i think. Like i said, it's a little more complicated trying to find offensive spells that aren't intended to be offensive," he concluded, hoping his answer had sufficed
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Preston Underwood Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:27 am

Keegan ran into the classroom out of breath and his hufflepuff robe falling off of him almost. "Sorry I'm late Professor."said Keegan as he took his seat beside Samantha. Getting his stuff out rather quickly he hoped he didn't get in trouble. Although he sor tof knew he would for Professor Wilson didn't like people being late for his class. Taking some notes about the lesson for he didn't want to upset Professor Wilson anymore then he probably already did.
Preston Underwood
Preston Underwood
Fourth Year Hufflepuff
Fourth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 394

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:19 pm

''Brilliant, 10 points from Hufflepuff. Next time, be on time. And as for your answer, Grigori, that is correct. Almost each and every spell has a dual use, meaning that you can use it both as you should and as you could. If you remove this philosophical definition, you get what Grigori correctly stated. Ten points for Gryffindor. Now, does anyone else know any spell with such effects?'', Wilson asked, smiling at Sam.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:44 pm

Aurora stumbled into the door and fell to the ground with her books scattering all over the floor. "I... Im so...im so sorry...pr...professor... I...i....i didnt mean to.....to be late..it....its just because.....with...with my uh.... my broken arm.... and.... with me not...with me uh... without a book bag at the moment...... i ... it wont be easy to walk down stairs..... i kept stumbling... with all of....with these books." She told the professor scaredly. She then Quickly gathered all of the books that she had with her and tried getting to the desk in the far back row. she then got out her wand and looked at the professor nervously.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Xemnas then walked in the room.He had noticed that the previous student dropped her books and stuttered."Is she nervous or just sad.Maybe it's best to get to know her first"Xemnas thought in his mind.Also in his mind was the actions of the teacher.Is he nice,strict,a real pain,he wondered what would he learn,what he could use,and if he could make any buddies.
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:40 pm

''It does seem I shall only be collecting people that are late, oh jolly good. It seems that only Grigori deserved some form of credit in class, which is something that should be worth mentioning, if I am not mistaken. As for the others, your homework assignment until Friday is to name 5 spells, two that can be used as offensive ones and three that can be used as defensive ones. That should not be so hard, but you do have to write down what they do and how would you use them during a duel. No excuses, except Grigori, who has shown his knowledge of the subject. Class dismissed'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Fredrick Abberline Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:57 am

Frederick walked into class, calmly. he wasn't late this time. he took at a middle table, not paying attention to who was next to him. he always thought it was best to just assume that everyone else was wrapped up in thier own worlds. so, after he had set himself up, he just listened.
Fredrick Abberline
Fredrick Abberline

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top