Basic Level - Lesson 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Basic Level - Lesson 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Basic Level - Lesson 7

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Basic Level - Lesson 7 Empty Basic Level - Lesson 7

Post by James William Wilson Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Wilson entered his new office. Wasn't that strange. He always thought that he would have that lovely and comfy classroom he had before. This new classroom was a nice change. He wrote today's title on the board and his usual note Copy the text from the board!. He sat down and waited for the students to arrive.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Basic Level - Lesson 7 Empty Re: Basic Level - Lesson 7

Post by Colin Firethorn Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:40 am

Andrew arrived, a bit early, for class. He did not know the charm that some of the more advanced students seemed to know about making their quill do the copying magically. He still had to do it by hand. He had had a wonderfuil breakfast of chocolate frogs that he had managed to procure and the world felt pretty good today. Anytime an 11 year old boy could start a bright sunny spring day with a breakfast of chocolate frogs, well, how bad could life be, really?

"Good morning, Professor," he spoke, starting to feel more comfortable in a classroom now. He took his usual seat, and began copying the required notes from the board. When he had finished that task, he opened his text and began reviewing the reading on sphinxes, just to reassure himself that he might not make an idiot out of himself in class.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Derek walked into the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. His face was still unknown to alot of Professors because he was taking other classes that changed when he started a new year at Hogwarts. "Good morning Professor." he have spoken on loud before he sat down in the middle of the classroom starting to copy the text they were supposed to copy with strangely good handwriting at least for a boy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:57 pm

James arrived at the classroom, tossing his bag on the nearest desk and trying to force out a smile as he said good morning to Professor Wilson and the rest of the class. He flipped his notebook open and cast his usual spell over his quill, causing it's tip to transcribe the lines from the board onto his pale parchment. James reclined into his seat and watched the pen, comparing it's notes to Wilson's.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:40 am

Abbey walked into the classroom feeling slightly tired but otherwise in a good mood. She gave everyone a slight nod then headed to her usual desk. As always, Professor Wilson had text on the blackboard for everyone to copy. Abbey pulled out her parchment and quill and quickly scribbled down the notes.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Wilson stood up. ''Since I do not care how many of you are present or not, not after the last few classes, I will just fail them all, I will start today's lesson. All of you who are able to see have seen the topic of today's lesson. But, I will not start the class with the little critter that I have prepared for you, but rather with a small question. What is a riddle? And yes, I am serious, I want an answer to that question.'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Derek raised an eyebrow at the question. What is a riddle? Oh come on! he thought for himself before raising his hand without waiting for allowance to speak because he considered it unncessary. "Riddle is a form of question though not like a question you can memorize. More like a masked question/statement that describes certain object or name or anything else for that matter." he spoke up speaking in his own words not caring.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Wilson looked at the new kid. ''Too many new people, and the newer, the slower. You could have just said... a riddle is a puzzle. And not, and I quote, 'Riddle is a form of question though not like a question'. But, you are right, I guess. Ten points for your house, whichever it is. But now, what does that have to do with our lesson?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:05 am

"Usually Professors like when i give longer answer." muttered Derek to the Professor shrugging his shoulder. "That's Rawenclaw Professor. And Sphinx used to ask people that wanted to enter city Teba if i spelled it right a riddle. If they didn't guess they would die." he replied though to him that was like some stupid muggle science fiction. "Or at least that's what Greek Mythology says.." he added more for himself then for anyone else.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:46 am

''Long yes, but they need to be adequate, or am I perhaps mistaken? Do not teach me my job, boy.'', he said. ''But, your second answer is correct. Another ten points for the same house. According to the Greeks, the Sphinx was a legendary guardian of the city of Thebes. It would give the passengers riddles. If they managed to solve them, they pass. If not, it would kill them. Only one person managed to solve the Sphinx's riddle. Can anyone tell me the name of the person and the riddle? And yes, I do want the answer of the riddle included.'', he added.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top