Basic Level - Lesson 7 - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Basic Level - Lesson 7 - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Basic Level - Lesson 7

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Basic Level - Lesson 7 - Page 3 Empty Re: Basic Level - Lesson 7

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:26 am

Abbey thought about the question. What could fly when it was on and float when it was off? Abbey knew there was a numerous amount of things that could do that. Why if it was light enough a toy airplane could fly when it was on and float on water when it was off. But she knew a sphinx was a tricky creature, so the answer to the riddle had to be much more complicated and logical than that. 'Flies, flies, anything that flies', Abbey thought to herself. 'A plane, a jet, a...bird!' "I know the answer Professor!" Abbey exclaimed. "It's a bird's feather! When on a bird it can fly, but if it falls off the bird's wing, it floats, like on water." she explained.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Andrew hated being stumped. It was the whole bloody principle of the thing. He wasn't going to let some catlike creature beat him, no matter what. He didn't know how many chances he really got before she fried him, but he was going to try again. He spent some deep thought before responding. It surely would have to be something relatively abstract, and that opened a whole realm of possibilities for him. He spent time ruling more things out as possible answers than ruling them in.

He finally raised his hand again, "Professor, is the answer to my riddle Temperature? As far as I can see, it has no length, no width, and no height. But it can be measured."

He really was fascinated by the sphinx. He wanted to meet her, and he could already tell that she behaved like a cat, but thought and felt like a woman. And from what he had observed from some of the women his father had hung out with, sometimes those two things were not so far apart anyway. That fascinated him.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:07 pm

''Miss Dawn, brilliantly done. And yet, another 50 points for Hufflepuff and an O for you. Diamond, regarding you... this time, it is correct. It is, indeed, temperature. Another 50 points for my House and an O for you too. Now, the only one left is our little philosopher... who is going to be ripped in pieces if he does not defend himself.'', he replied.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:12 am

Abbey smiled, glad she had gotten a good grade and earned her house points.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:35 pm

(NOTE: Deadline - tonight)
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Cecilia rushed into the classroom, obviously late. "I am so sorry for my tardiness, Professor. I ensure you that it won't happen again." She said in a soft tone. Cecilia was always soft-spoken and very smart, and many people would make-fun of her about it, but she didn't care; she was the one who was going to be successful. She took a seat and looked up to see what her task was for the class. "Sir," She raised her hand, "may I ask what we are to be doing today?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Wilson burst out laughing. ''I cannot believe it. Krum, you seem to burst in at the same moment I am planning to dismiss the class. But then, I have a riddle for you. As you can see, we are dealing with the Sphinx... and your job is to solve a riddle... or else. Your riddle goes as following: Born at the same time as the world, destined to live as long as the world, and yet never five weeks old. What is it?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top