Lesson 7 - Basic Level
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 7 - Basic Level Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 7 - Basic Level

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 7 - Basic Level Empty Lesson 7 - Basic Level

Post by James William Wilson Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Wilson entered his classroom. It was empty, for now, but soon... his students will arrive, thinking they can do what they want, as it is with the majority of them. He had finally begun with teaching some relevant subjects, meaning he had finished with those boring and stressing introductory classes. He waved his hand, and text appeared on the board, with the usual not to copy it down. As soon as they were all present, he would start with the class.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Lesson 7 - Basic Level Empty Re: Lesson 7 - Basic Level

Post by Alice Rousseau Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Today, Pippa had found a clause in the uniform dress code. Well, not a clause per say, it just depended on the way you interpreted it. The way Pippa had interpreted it ensured she could wear whatever she wanted on her hair. She'd not gone over-board. Today she'd kept it simple. Tomorrow she'd go for big flower features. She'd gone for plaits today and instead of normal hairbands she'd found some with huge sunflowers attached. So now she had sunflowers dangling below her ears.

The only thing that bothered her was that the bees kept going for her. That was a bit of an issue but not one she couldn't solve. At the moment though, she was quite happy.

Opening the door of the Defence classroom, Pippa was pleased to see the Professor there. She closed the door behind her after stepping inside and bounced down the aisle. She took her wand from her pocket as well as a piece of glass she'd found outside. She grinned at the Professor and placed the glass on the table. She tapped her wand against it, mumbling a few words, and the glass morphed, turning into a clear vase.

Then, Pippa filled it with water and finally, conjured a flower. A sunflower, to match her hair.

"Do you like spring sir?" she asked gently, curiously.
Alice Rousseau
Alice Rousseau
Beauxbatons Graduate
Beauxbatons Graduate

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:16 am

Hitame walked to DADA slowly. A lot was on her mind. First her sister has basically come out of no where and was now with her in Hogwarts. She wasn't complaining about it but it had taken her by surprise. Then, there was Xemnas who had been hurt badly. She didn't know what had happened to him exactly but she knew it had taken a toll on him.

She sighed and shook her head, as if that was going to take the pain and thoughts away. She came upon the class and she sighed again. She walked in and saw that only one other girl along with Professor Wilson were there. She walked toward the back of the room as she always did when she was in his class. "Good morning Professor Wilson." she said in a faded voice as she walked by him.

She made her way to the back on the room and sat down in one of the chairs, putting her arm on the table and resting her head on her arm.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:18 pm

A smile escaped his, usually, cold expression when Pippa entered the classroom. It was truly a rare occasion to see people attend and he was happy to have at least a couple of people, but when one of them was to be the persona of Pippa Bennett, he was ever more happy. He was fond of the little girl, exceptionally fond. With the exception of Arthur, he could not remember a student whom he had admired so much... except, maybe, Amelia Lyons...

She was the first arrive and she was, as usual, very unusual. After seeing her, he rotated his finger and made the sunflower she had conjured move in clockwise direction. ''Spring? It and winter... summer is too hot and autumn is to rainy... never liked rain. Early spring is one of the wonderful parts of the year... yes, I do like it. Have you dealt with Boggarts before?'', he asked. Just as he spoke, another student came. The girl was from his House and her name was... Higurashi. He remembered it only because it was Asian... ''Good morning, miss Higurashi'', he greeted.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Rousseau Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:30 pm

(The awkward moment when you read through your other post and aren't able to understand why you wrote what you wrote. Lol.)

Pippa watched the flower with an oddly content expression on her face. Her smile grew as it turned in the vase. It allowed her to observe the flower at every angle and she found herself wishing she could fill the Hufflepuff Dungeons with them. She didn't think for a second her classmates would appreciate it, plus she didn't know if her magic was strong enough to create the amount of flowers she'd need to fill the room. Perhaps she would suggest it to the Professor after class.

An answer to her question was given and she got a bonus too. Not only did she learn why he disliked the other seasons but she also learned what they'd be doing in the lesson today. A quizzical expression passed over Pippa's features and she bit her lip before shaking her head.

"No sir. I'm afraid I haven't. Not that I particularly want to mind you." Pippa averted her eyes for a moment before bringing them back so her gaze rested on the Professor. "I'll give it a go, though." She added brightly, her smile returning.
Alice Rousseau
Alice Rousseau
Beauxbatons Graduate
Beauxbatons Graduate

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazzie West Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Mazzie took a step into the classrom wearing a pair of black leather boots, leopard patterened tights, and a black turtleneck underneather her Hufflepuff robes. It was quite a sight to look at. Her hair was back in a ballerina bun and was it's usual dark red and her eyes her dark brown color. The small second year took a seat near the front of the classroom. She smiled up at her professer. She fixed her hair and straightened her robes. "Wonderful morning, sir. Boggarts you say?" she smiled even wider at the lesson of the day.
Mazzie West
Mazzie West

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Sam walked into the room and dropped his books in the doorway with a loud bang. In four years at Hogwarts he'd not once seen Professor Wilson smile, it was almost completely disarming.

"Good Morning sir," he said, a slightly shocked tone entering his voice. "It's a pleasure to see you," he said, regaining his composure and selecting a seat near the front of the class. Nowadays no one else seemed to attend the classes, so the number of seats appeared to have been limited to all being at the front of the class. Looking at the board he cracked a grin. "Finally," he muttered, more to himself than anyone else, "Something fun, I love Boggarts," he said with a small chuckle. "I like your flowers by the way," he said to the girl who he'd sat next to. "I'm not sure if we've met or not, I'm bad with faces, but I'm sam anyway," he said, looking at the girl with a smile. She was quite pretty, he thought.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:18 pm

''Grigori, I do know I am not the most handsome chap you'll encounter, but I do think you've gotten used to my visage'', Wilson commented as Samuel dropped his bags. ''I would be surprised to hear anything else'', Wilson said and winked to Pipa. He then stood up and faced the class.

''Good morning to you all. For those of you who are new... you will find out what my name is with your colleagues. Now, as for today's lesson. I presume you all have something you are afraid off. Since you are still younglings, I shan't enter a philosophical debate about fear itself, but I shall warn you. You all know what a Boggart is and you all know what will exit through the closet, but... do not let it grab you... fight it. I have had situations where students had to visit the Hospital Wing... so trust me on this one... just, don't let the fear eat you up. Now, the spell to counter it is rather simple, as I shall soon demonstrate, but you have to defeat the fear. Now, this is how your exercise will look'', he said and stepped forward.

He waved his hand and then took his wand. The door opened, and out of it... he hated these demonstrations. He hated seeing... that image. Her slim and beautiful face, the visage he adored... but dead... he stared for a second and then quickly flicked his wand, closing his eyes. ''Riddikulus'', he said. The face came to life... she smiled gently and then, with a flick of his wand, the Boggart returned to the cupboard. He turned to the class. ''Now, commence'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sun May 01, 2011 10:18 am

"Sir don't be modest, we all know you're the hottest person in this room" he said with a wink at the professor, before busting out laughing, "Sorry sir, can't hold that straight a face very long," he said with a smile, hoping that the professor would realise that he was only kidding about.

Then the lesson began, which was good. He watched the professor's boggart walk out and shuddered slightly as he saw the dead body, this person clearly meant something quite close to Wilson's heart. Poor man, it was probably a long lost love or something

"Sir, doesn't it have to be something funny?" He asked, noting mentally that the professor's boggart did not perform anything funny at all when he confronted it, but then deciding not to pursue the matter any further, knowing that boggarts were often very personal experiences. "I'll go first," he said, standing up and walking to the closet, before nodding to the teacher.

When the boggart stepped out it was nothing special, nothing too dramatic. Most people had the same thing, a dead parent, a dead friend, or something like a dementor, all such deep things, such wise deep things... that everyone seemed to have. Everyone seemed to be a wise person in this day an age. No, when his boggart approached it took the shape of an eyeless spectre, floating towards Sam and the class. Something about the empty sockets had always got to Sam.

"Ridikulus!" He shouted, laughing loudly as the spectre deflated like a balloon and fell to the ground
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun May 01, 2011 12:40 pm

''Deflating a spectre is probably the last thing you will connect with the term funny, Grigori. But yes, you have made a good point there. Usual practice shows that most Boggarts neutralized with today's spell tend to turn into something funny or something that should be funny. That is, probably, due to the nature of your minds - you're children, you still haven't developed your mind for abstract thoughts that well and your mind works on the level of humor. That is why your ghosts deflate and your cobras turn into clowns. At some later phase, removing Boggarts tends to get slightly different, as you have seen. It can be, but it also does not have to be funny, as you do not need humor to remove the fear. At this point, you can't rationalize your fears that well and you have to humor them away... at a later point in life, you realize your fears are irrational and you are not that afraid, which mens that you can either humor them away or... turn them into something pleasant... the goal of this lesson and of this spell, this subject in general, is to remove your fear of Dark Magic and everything negative that roams in out magical world, and I do presume you understand that. Now, a good job Grigori! Ten points for Gryffindor. I deduced five for your pale humor, but a good job indeed. Who would like to go next?'', he asked.

Last edited by James William Wilson on Mon May 02, 2011 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top