Lesson 3 - Basic Level
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 3 - Basic Level Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 3 - Basic Level

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 3 - Basic Level Empty Lesson 3 - Basic Level

Post by William Winston McCoy Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Another school year, another bunch of new and old students... Every year the same, but every one of those years he enters these classrooms with a smile on his face and joy in his heart because of the classes and the opportunity to teach new wizards and witches what he knows. The lesson plan and the working methods are still the same, the classroom is still empty... but the latter will soon change. Professor McCoy took his seat at the front desk and waited, scrolling through papers.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Number of posts : 226
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Lesson 3 - Basic Level Empty Re: Lesson 3 - Basic Level

Post by Samuel Grigori Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:13 am

Sam entered the classroom and was once more shocked to find himself to be the first student in the class, what a day this was turning out to be, normally he was one of the last, if he made it at all. "Good morning Sir," he said, taking a seat and pulling his stuff out, "I'm sorry i missed the last class, i was taken ill in the Hospital wing, i can give you a note if you like." he said, looking through his bag for the note. "Also, if i could quickly jot down some notes from the last class while the others are waiting to come in that would be appreciated," he added, smiling at the Professor, hoping he saw the Genuinity of what he was saying.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Laurisi Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Ezra came into class seemingly in a tiff. He had his bag slipped over his shoulder, which he threw onto the ground by his chosen seat. Well, not threw, more like flung. Throw was too strong a word for something which wasn't as harsh as that. He sat down in his seat and tried to tidy up his more than messy hair. It was a bitter day for him, as he got spaghetti sauce on his favorite tie. He tried cleaning it out with magic, but the sauce stained the tie too much. It was his favorite red with gold band tie, it had a small Gryffindor shield on the bottom. It was a custom made tie, one he paid a pretty sickle for. The gold had red diamonds interlaced within, and the red gold. So, maybe it was more like a checker-pattern. His tie was now ruined, only a powerful spell could clean the garlicky mess which flooded every room the tie was in with the scent of it.
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Luna could always use Ezra to get to their common classes. He always smelled of the mess he called spaghetti, which was usually overpowering of any scent in the room. It was too garlicky for her liking, and it was how Brienne made spaghetti. She'd usually eat leftovers from another day when Brienne made spaghetti. Come to think of it, so did Daniel. No one but her liked the spaghetti. Brienne would take the entire pot with her into the living room, and sit by the fire whilst cramming the whole mess down her throat. That's what it looked like, too; a mess of blood-looking sauce, garlic, overcooked noodles to the point where they were a bit too soft, and melted store-bought yellow slices that vaguely looked like real cheese. It looked like Brienne just slapped a dead animal in the pot and made some sort of sick mess with its innards. Of course, she'd never say that in front of Brienne.

Following the disgusting smell, she ended up in Transfiguration. She'd be thankful when Ezra took NEWT level classes next year, because then that smell wouldn't torture her nostrils as badly as it did. She got her books and everything, setting it all down at her chosen seat. The one that Brienne would sit in during the NEWT classes.
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:56 am

''Yes, yes... always those notes. No need for it, I know how the nurses work'', he commented standing up. ''And yes, you lot... you three, shall be dealing with your first Transfiguration in my class. The spell we are dealing with today is rather easy. Scribblifors is a spell that transforms the forks you can see on your desks into writing quills. As you shall practice transforming, you shall see how Transfiguration works, what you need to improve, if anything, and in the end, you shell get an extra quill. Its quality will, of course, depend on how successful your spell was. And that is it, you can start transforming'', McCoy said.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Sam nodded and pulled out his wand, focusing heavily on the fork. He muttered the incantation a few times in his head, and a few times to himself to get it into his head, he was fairly certain he knew what he was going to do. Practicing the wand movement a couple of times he finally decided he was ready.

Pointing his wand at the fork sam closed his eyes for a second, before deciding he was ready. "Scriblifors," he said firmly, waving his wand and casting the spell on the fork. The fork did do something, quivering a bit before laying still. Sam tried it again, and this time he could've sworn it changed colour. Trying one last time sam waved his wand, and this time the fork did change, but not to what he wanted exactly. It was a quill, no doubt, but it had four nubs on it, something he was certain wasn't a part of the original design. "May i have another fork sir?" he asked, pushing the four pronged quill away.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by William Winston McCoy Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:10 pm

''You want another try, Mister Grigori? Well, I dare say you are on the right track, definitely, but it should require more practice... since you still haven't been taught in Untransfiguration, I shall be happy to equip you with another fork and here you are'', McCoy said, handing him the fork. He turned to the others. ''You, lot, you should wrap your tasks up, class is going to be over very soon'', he added.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:14 am

Sam chuckled and nodded as he accepted the second fork. "Thank you sir," he said, placing the fork on the desk and concentrating even heavier this time, pushing all extra thought from his mind. Rehearsing the spell in his mind again, this time thinking of what the end product should be. "Scribblifors," he cast, this time watching as the fork elongated and thinned down on a side and produced a feathery appearance. "I did it!" He said with shock and delight, "check it out, i made it into a quil," he said with a proud grin. "Can i keep it sir? As a testimony to my spectacularness?" He asked, clearly showing that he was joking
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top