Lesson 2 - Basic Level
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 2 - Basic Level Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 2 - Basic Level

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 2 - Basic Level Empty Lesson 2 - Basic Level

Post by James William Wilson Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Wilson entered his classroom. It was empty, for now, but soon... his students will arrive, thinking they can do what they want, as it is with the majority of them. He had finally begun with teaching some relevant subjects, meaning he had finished with those boring and stressing introductory classes. He waved his hand, and text appeared on the board, with the usual not to copy it down. As soon as they were all present, he would start with the class.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Lesson 2 - Basic Level Empty Re: Lesson 2 - Basic Level

Post by Colin Firethorn Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 am

Andrew had gotten up rather early and had gone down to the Great Hall. A housemate had given him a spell to turn tea into coffee, and Andrew had been anxious to see if it would work. Turned out his housemate had spelled one of the words in the incantation so badly that he had ended up with really crappy coffee. It had smelled wonderful but had tasted really quite foul. He gave it up after the first couple of sips. He missed coffee. It was something he had learned to drink in the pubs when he was a young boy. It was just about the only fond memory he had of his childhood. That, and some of the pubs made some awesome fish and chips. Other than that, there wasn't much to be proud of.

So, he'd given up on the halfassed coffee and had gone to orange juice. The thought of another cup of Earl Grey really had irked him. He didn't really like Earl Grey that much. Other teas weren't so bad. Robert Lupin had spoiled him over the summer on Cinnamon Almond tea. He made up his mind to ask Robert to send him some in those handy little muggle teabags when he wrote his next letter to Robert. He arrived at DADA class early, being bored and having nothing to do.

""Good morning, Professor," he said. He took his seat and began the usual process of copying the notes from the board.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Samantha had not been able to sleep the night before, so she woke up early and got to class early. She hated being early, it made the professors think that she cared about the class enough that she would do well. Luckily another kid had come into class early too. So she headed to a desk in the back and pulled her stuff out. "Good morning Professor." Sammy said trying her best to be a good girl today. For the past few days her anger was getting the best of her. Which she didn't like, but there was nothing that she could do about it. Since Sophia didn't go to school anymore, and she was always busy with the kids and work. Unfortunately Keegan was coming up short on the conversation part too. So it was like she was all by herself again. She hated it.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Paul Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Ashley walked into the classroom looking like she could fall asleep at any moment. It wasn't that she didn't get any sleep, she just didn't care that much about this class. She hated how the professors treated the kids and she hated how the kids reacted to it. Growing up around a bunch of guys she understood how it felt to be treated differently. So she reacted differently to it then most kids. So she walked into the classroom, sat at a nearby front desk and pulled her things out. "Good morning Professor." Ashley said deciding that being nice would be better than not being nice.
Ashley Paul
Ashley Paul

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Luna stepped lightly into the classroom, and sat down. She had all her books, including the text book that she cherished oh so much. She gazed at the picture on the front of her textbook, it was of Silas. She remembered the day that she'd been told that he was dead, and never coming back again. To never hold her when she wasn't comfy, or kiss her boo-boos to make them feel better, or even read her a bedtime story like he did when he wasn't away at business. Tears came to her eyes, and she sniffled a little bit. She had aspirations to be like her father, to be a good student, a great Auror and an awesome person overall. The only thing that ever stopped her from trying were the teachers here, they didn't seem to like her aside from Mr. Dent. He probably only liked her because she was smart, though, and not as a person.

However, this was DADA class, and Wilson was as bad of a teacher as they come. He was the type to expect students to read the whole class syllabus and know everything ahead of time, just so he wouldn't have as much work to do himself teaching the students. At least, that's how Luna saw it. She also saw it as lazy teaching, something that wouldn't have been allowed back a few years ago. She was just unlucky in that she was born at a bad time. Brienne may have had better teachers than her when she was a firstie herself. She felt as if she were going to full out cry.
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:31 am

Abbey arrived at the classroom, surprisingly on time. She took her usual seat, one that she had adopted since the previous term. It felt kind of like an old friend now, even if that was a wierd way to describe it. She copied down the usual notes than sat quietly until class started. She hoped this time she would be able to keep track with the lesson, since Professor Wilson was usually so fast-paced. She also made a mental note to herself to make sure she kept notes this time.

Last edited by Abbey Dawn on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:30 pm

''Good day to you all'', he said. ''I do hope you are ready for today's class, since if you aren't, I shall honestly start to question your intelligence. Today's lesson is more than simple. It is the basic offensive spell that you should all know by now, despite you being first or seventh year. Stupefy, a spell that will hit or immobilize your enemy for a short time. It is simple and it isn't used in advance dueling nor by experienced wizards. Today, you shall practice it on each other. Do I have two volunteers?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:10 pm

"Well, what the heck have I got to lose? The worst that could happen is me getting set on my butt, and its not like that hasn't happened before," Andrew thought. He hesitated for one moment, and then thought, "Um..I guess I could end up looking like an idiot too. But that's not a first either."

"I'll volunteer," Andrew said, before he'd realized the words had come out of his mouth. Then, he acutally was a little surprised at himself. Actually volunteering? Him? Maybe spending the summer with Robert Lupin had done him some good. He'd fed on the one on one attention like a starved child, all summer long. And he had liked the farm. He'd, strangely enough, gotten along really well with Robert and Katherine. He wasn't sure why, exactly, but it had been like having grandparents for him. He didn't remember his grandparents. He presumed he'd actually had some at one time or another, but he had no memories of them. The whole best part of his summer was when Robert took him for a flight on Katherine's hippogryff. That had been awesome! And evidently some part of his summer had mde him grow because now here he was actually starting to stand up for himself in class. It felt just very weird.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Adebola Adeagbo Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Adebola yawned as she woke up and looked at her clock, and than she jumped up and started packing all her stuff in her bag. Are you serious my first day back and I'm already late I thought myself. Ade ran down to the Great Hall and gotten herself an apple since she didn't have time to eat breakfast. She then quickly finished her aaple and threw it in the garbage. She quickly got out her schedule, Defense Against Dark Arts classroom, First floor she read to herself.

Ade started to run back upsairs as fast as she could, she almost tripped in the process. Soon she made a sigh of relief when she it to the classroom. " I'm sorry I'm late. " she said to the Professor as she sat down next to the only Gryffindor student that was there.
Adebola Adeagbo
Adebola Adeagbo

Number of posts : 1551

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:00 pm

''Good'', Wilson said. He rapidly took his wand out, pointed it at Andrew and ejaculated: ''Stupefy!'' The spell hit the boy and Wilson returned his wand back to his suit jacket.

He turned to the class. ''Now, this is how the spell works and looks like, and what it does to you. Generally, if you do not hit you head, you should not have much problems after facing the spell. This spell is also the most basic and simple offensive spell you'll face. And that is it. Now, it is your turn to attack each other with the spell. You, boy, thank you and come in front of the class. You, new girl, that got late, you're the first target, come out. And do not worry, nothing will happen and if it does, I am here for you'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top