Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive - Page 8 Empty Re: Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive

Post by Headmistress Anais Benoit Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:52 am

Anais saw how Adam had walked himself into an awkward relationship moment in front of both new and old friends. She ached for him, knowing how painful such things could be. She thought for just a moment and came up with a hasty way to rescue him. "Adam," she called. "Could you assist me please?" She walked over to the young man and put a supporting hand on his shoulder. She looked straight into his eyes so that he would understand her purpose of helping him without embarressing him.

"Adam. I do know you can run very fast. Would you return to the carriage please? Ask our driver to please go into my things and give to you my burgundy leather attache? You know, the enchanted one with the shoulder strap that I bring to classes sometimes. I am so careless sometimes. I meant to bring it, and I seem to have forgotten it. Do, please, remember that you must be nice to it or it wil snap at you. It likes to be petted."

She had bought the attache some years ago from a bookbinder who truly enjoyed putting monster hexes on the monster textbooks. He had tried the spell on the burgundy leather attache, and had ended up with more of a sort of a pet than anything useful. He had practically given the persnickety thing to Madame Benoit just to rid himself of it. This was the perfect thing for Adam because he seemed to be able to handle it without causing harm to himself or anyone else. And since she trusted few with it, it would help him to regain his confidence on such an important errand.

"Hurry back. Do not delay," she smiled. "I do not wish to keep the headmasters waiting."
Headmistress Anais Benoit

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive - Page 8 Empty Re: Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:10 am

Adam was worried, however he was grateful when Madame Benoit asked him to do a favour. He followed Peters advice as well, hoever he didn't do much talking he nodded and amde way to the carriage. His mind was rushing, he tried to gather his thoughts but he had no luck whatsoever. However it wasn't a moment too late that he remember the anti-sweat spell. He performed it and his sweating stopped immediately. The only problem was that he smelled horrible, he had his hidden suitcase in his pocket and his actual case in the carriage.

The driver was standing outside, he looked relatively cheerful. 'Excusez Moi," he said to the driver. "Pourriez vous saisir le sac à main de Mme. Benoits, le aigre" he asked the driver. The driver entered the carriage and came back with her handback, a fresh bite on his hand. "Pourriez-vous aussi me saisir quelque eau de Cologne de mon propre sac?" he also asked. He needed to smell better, he'd probably down the whole bottle. When he sweats it doesn't smell very pretty, that's for sure. So the driver entered again and came back, "Merci." he said smiling as he grabbed the bag and the cologne. He petted Madame Benoit's bag, it purred. It liked him for some odd reason."

On his way back he took the bottle of cologne and made sure he didn't smell like sweat. Now he smelled like...well it was nice. All he knew was that it had a bunny face on it. He was beginning to bring himself together once again. He would speak with that Jack girl, but Madame benoit had still not told him about seating arrangements. When he got back, he smiled at Madame Benoit. "Eere, you go Madame." he said handing her the bag. He placed the bottle of cologne in his pocket. "But, you still haveent answered my question. Vat are the seating arrangements?" he asked her once again.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Prison Lycon Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:18 am

Prison saw many guys in girls as he looked around following his headmaster. He put his hands in his pockets and he felt his wand. He wished he had time to do some spell practice or something but he really didnt care much. He looked in the ground as he walked. His ankel hurt because of the girl behind him scraping her nail against it. Why was it that everyone was mean to him?
Prison Lycon
Prison Lycon

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Headmistress Anais Benoit Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:25 am

"Tradition says that after we have made our entrance into the Great Hall, we tend to sit by schools, but this headmaster here, he may not stand on ceremony so much. If he does not require that we do that, you may sit with whomever you wish," she smiled. "If it were completely up to me, I would let you choose your own seats so you might begin to make some friends. I am sorry I do not have an exact answer for you."

She took the attache from Adam. "You did very well. The bag does not purr for everyone. Very few, in fact. Well done, Adam! Well done, indeed! The bag, it does seem to like you. It does not, however, like our driver very much. It likes to nip him as often as it gets the opportunity to do so. It is very funny watching him do battle with my briefcase. Believe me, the briefcase typically wins." It made her laugh, remembering how funny it was to see the bag chasing after the driver, nipping at his leg. "Oh, and by the way, I have been meaning to tell you," she smiled deliberately at him. "You are getting quite accomplished on your spells. You are doing very well." She did not want to come right out and tell him she was pleased with how he had handled the anti sweating charm and how he had refreshed himself. A very nice job for a young man in a pinch.

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:45 am

Peter waited for Adam, his hands thrust into his pockets. He tossed his head back when his hair began to fall into his eyes, and it flew back slightly, fixing itself so that his vision was no longer impaired. A group of Hogwarts girls walked by and began to giggle, blushing slightly as they looked at him. He grinned at them charmingly and they continued on. These girls were easy to charm... What was wrong with Adam?

Adam returned from the headmistress's task and she began to praise him for a job well done. Peter raised an eyebrow in confusion and realized she must have noticed him drowning in a sea of his hormones by Chase and Eli. Peter smirked. They had a pretty nice headmistress when it came right down to it.

Once she was done, he strode forward and yanked his friend's arm, pulling him along as nicely as Adam had done so earlier. In a low, teasing voice, he said, "You may not 'ave won over Chase, but the headmistrees seems to 'ave taken a liking to you." He threw back his head and laughed, before sniffing. "You smell nice," he said, in a fake creepy way before chuckling. "You need to lighten up, my friend."
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 210
Special Abilities : Leglimancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:58 am

Adam nodded to their Headmistress but was immediately dragged away by Peter. He was listening to him speak but was only have consciouse. But he did give Peter a very crude hand gesture, while laughing at the face Peter made. They both laughed and Peter let Adam go and slowed down. "I 'ave no ideea vat happened." he said returning to normal. "One meenute I vas scoping ze crowed for potentioal Yule Ball dates and the next I'm frozen to the spot." he sighed. "Zanks, I used practically my whole bottle for ze trip. I'll need to borrow some of Matthias's or someones."

"Vell you try lightening up when you 'ave no ideea vat's going on between...nevermind." he said shaking his head. "Eet's all drama you'd see in some sort of movie. Let's just talk about Quidditch." he said smiling ever so slightly. "Oh, you vant to go flying tonight? Maybe we can invite Jack. She has the build for a female player." he told Peter. Adam knew if someone was a Quidditch player almost instantaniously. But he always made sure first, which was one of the main reasons he wanted to sit with her. He wantde information, but he'd sit with others as well as her.

"Deed you see vat vas on those bird things?" he asked him, he hadn't opened his yet. He still had his crushed in his hand. He uncrumbled it and read it, apparently they were supposed to cast some sort of charm as they entered. Oh joy, and what Madame Benoit had said about his charm working. He grinned, he swore it only worked that well was because he was under an adrenaline rush or something. Maybe it was because he cared more...this Chase girl gave him really weird feelings. But he could charm any girl instantly, but...Chase was different. Plus that Jack girl didn't even seem to faze as he dragged her, well there was a new friend to add to his list.

He was getting excited now, already looking forward to the year coming up. Meeting new people, playing Quidditch possibly. He wanted to know about Chase more...or was it Chastity...well apparently everyone called her Chase. "Vat ees eet with nicknames anyway?" he asked. "I mean...you've got Pete...I have nothing." he said. "And no thees eez not an opportunity to geeve me a stupeed nickname." he told him quickly. And now onto more filler. That's right I'm immigrating it to Adam now, not just Matt but Adam too. Take that Jack!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchel Landon Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:04 am

Mitchel was looking at all of them. She saw a guy that she thought was cute (A.K.A. Adam) She was wearing her contacts which made her eyes look an ocean blue. She Had a pad and muggle pencil and was writing down what she was seeing.

After a bit she decided to go talk to the guy. There wasnt a reason she couldnt talk to him. Slowly mitchel put her pad and pencil in her pocket and walked over to the guy and tapped him on the sholder. "Uh.. hi.. Whats up?" She asked him nervously.
Mitchel Landon
Mitchel Landon

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:27 am

Peter laughed heartily at Adam's graceful and biting response... Yeah, that was what that was. Peter rolled his eyes but was glad to be off the topic of things he was not sure he could handle. A lot of people came to him for advice, and yet Peter was not sure how to handle his friend's sudden helplessness, hopelessness, and worse off, uselessness when it came to this mysterious British girl that seemed to take away his breath.. and his brain.

Peter was glad, therefore, when Adam suggested they instead discuss Quidditch, which was fine by him. This meant not having to go through The Talk with Adam, which was what he had been fearing would come of their conversation, and he really did not want to do that. You see Adam. When a boy and a girl, love eech ozer very much... Yes, he would like to stick in the realm of Quidditch.

"Fine. I theenk it would be very nice to be able to fly soon. I wonder if zey weel be holding Quidditch zis year, because of ze tournament." He hoped so. When he was not flying, he was perfectly fine with watching or discussing Quidditch. "Yes, I theenk she would also be a Quidditch player. She had a peculiar amount of arm muscles." He chuckled, having exaggerated a litte bit. "She iz strange. She made ze fireworks apparently. Zat scares me." He laughed.

Peter cocked an eyebrow when Adam mentioned the bird things and then remembered he had stuffed his in his pocket, even though I definitely forgot to write that in his past post. He pulled it out. "Oh zis leetle thing. Ah, yes, I got eet, but I have yet to read it." He stuffed it back in his pocket. "Remind me about eet later, if you please." He laughed heartily.

Peter smirked at Adam's observation on nicknames and said, "Oh darn, and I was just about to name you Fluffy." He grinned widely and took in a deep breath of Hogwarts air. He had a good feeling he would be enjoying the following year. Ha! Prenez-le Mat! C'est ça, postez l'entonnoir dans le français! Comment vous allant le haut cela. C'est qu'elle a dit! Et si vous essayez et faites n'importe quoi avec cela, Betty White viendra après que vous!

Yes he would be. Though he was afraid that his online translator may be a little sketchy and may confuse things than make him sound clever. But still. He had a good feeling about the year.

(*hides avvie and sig* You see notheeng! Ziz iz Peter... Not Jack...)

Last edited by Jaquellene "Jack" Dyllan on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:38 am

Brienne was looking around, seeing if she could make friends with any of the Durmstrang or Beauxbatons students. She hadn't been around very many foreigners, and her encounter with Emil was very displeasing. He seemed...frightened of her. Maybe if she tried harder to be friendlier with people, maybe then she'd be a hit. She walked over to the two Beauxbatons boys, Peter and Adam, she'd learned their names through various exchanges she witnessed. She dared not speak their names, though, for fear that she'd be considered a creeper. Instead, she'd impress them, and a couple more people near by. With a small little show.

She flicked her wand, swish and flick, to lift up a small rock while she said Wingardium Leviosa". The rock hovered in the air. From the rock, she sprouted several tendrils of different colors. All the Hogwarts house colors. Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Even the secondary colors were flashing. Mist rose from the tendrils to create pictures in the sky. One was of a boat, the other a dragon. Then, she drew small figures playing Quidditch. The small show was taking a little bit out of her, but she didn't care.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Lana Di Angelo Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:47 am

"Wow... that's cool! Lana said below her breath as she turned around. There was too big of a crowd by the Great Door for Lana to get in, so, upon witnessing the beginnings of the show, Lana backtracked to the much spacier green grounds. A girl had begun to show-off her prowess with her wand with spectacular results. Lana quickly circled around her to get a better view of the show. It was only then that she realized that she was just showing off for two of her fellow students.

Lana shrugged this fact off, and watched the show in its entirety. As soon as it ended, Lana clapped. She didn't care if nobody else did- a performance like that deserved applause.
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top