Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive - Page 6 Empty Re: Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive

Post by Selene Brun Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:01 pm

Selene found herself staring at empty air as the red headed girl was pulled off by Adam. She sought out what had made him freak out so badly, and felt a smile cross her face. A redheaded girl next to a boy were sitting on the grass next to Peter. Selene leaned towards Mathias and whispered, "I theenk zat Adam already has his eyes set for a 'Ogwarts student alreedy." She said with a small giggle. Selene didn't giggle often, but this was rather amusing. She looked up when suddenly a loud voice went over the crowd. Time to go inside! She looked around for the paper bird that would tell her what to do. So in the meantime, she stood there quietly, glancing over at Mathias she bit her lower lip.

"Eet is very cold, but wee must wait for our instructions I theenk..." She said carefully, her eyes roaming over the crowd as they started towards the door to the castle. It wasn't beauxbatons, but it was very pretty in it's own... stone castle way. She looked around at all of the students, and backed up slightly so she was closer to the carriage. "I wonder what eet looks like inside, the people all seem very.. friendly here, except that headmaster... sometheeng about knowing our enemies.." She said slowly. "Jack didn't seem to be an enemy.." She said lightly to no one in particular. Her eyes darted around, catching all of the lights that danced off of everyone's buttons as they walked into the castle.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive - Page 6 Empty Re: Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrive

Post by James Wake Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:15 pm

"Good evening," James Wake to one group of students as they passed him by to enter the castle. He wore a very straight-laced jacket, giving off the air that he was a completely serious Hogwarts student. It was a suit that he was forced to piece together and Alchemize that very morning. He never liked cloaks, truly. He was quite surprised by the fact that many of the Beauxbatons students were not wearing their uniforms. There were plenty of different students from the school, but once they began mingling with the students, it was hard to tell who was from where.

Luckily, the Durmstrang students mostlys stuck to their uniforms.

He noticed that there were a few stragglers as he stood by the doorway, welcoming students from all three schools. It felt so strange to see so many unfamiliar faces. A unique experience- that was what they had called the Tri-Wizard tournament. Well, for once, the pamphlets had not lied. He also noticed that many students displayed a certain kind of interest in the foreign ambassadors. Alan had already warned James against getting too personal with the other students, as he could easily cause a number of problems by going too far.

Since had he ever caused any major trouble with women? Just what right did his Uncle have to even insinuate such an event could ever occur? Had the man not known him for years? Maybe, just maybe, James should take a chance with the ladies...

Or he could stand by the door, welcoming people he would probably come to know better in the passing year. That seemed like a safe enough gameplan.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:25 pm

The Beauxbatons students seemed to be boding quicker with the Hogwarts students than the Durmstrang ones. Mathias’ eyes stayed on the odd dark haired boy glaring at the ship until Selene spoke. He looked at his friend and smiled slightly. He looked over at Adam and raised an eyebrow before leaning towards Selene. “He might ‘av some competition...” Mathias said with a chuckle. He looked at Selene quizzically before shrugging off his blazer leaving him in the shirt and waistcoat. He draped it over her shoulders and smiled softly. “Zere, now you can be warm.”

Mathias looked back over at the odd headmaster and wondered idly why Hogwarts would hire such a man. But then again, for a castle that defies second century architecture – a nutty headmaster fit the whole scheme quite well. Mathias looked around for the Headmistress, wondering where the paper aeroplanes were. “Maybe we should just follow ze crowd...” Mathias suggested weakly, at a loss for what to do. “Everyone else seems to be fairly comfortable...”
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Lana Di Angelo Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:28 pm

"Because Jack's not our enemy. We're all supposed to be friends, right?" Lana replied to Selene's brooding. "Come on Selene, we've barely met these people, and already you're taking this as a competition?" Lana asked as she started to walk beside her fellow Beauxbatons student. But the vagrant thought had found its way into Lana's mind, and now it began to siphon off Lana's confidence. What if, through some bizarre chance, Jack became the Hogwarts Champion? That would be pretty bad.

And what if she, through some odd chance, became the Beauxbatons Champion? She barely wanted to become the champion, but there was some desire to represent her school. It would be pretty cool to be the Champion.

Pretty cool indeed, thought Lana as she gave the boring boy by the door a pitiable smile. He was probably one of the poor saps that took everything WAY too serious. Lana made a silent promise to make him laugh before the year was out.
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Brun Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Selene smiled gratefully at Mathias as he put his jacket around her. "Je vous remercie" She said softly, before letting her gaze fall on Lana. "I did not mean it like zat Lana." She said frowning. "I was stating what their headmaster said." She said frowning at her unhappily. "I theenk Jack iz a very friendly person, and I theenk I would like to be her friend, even if she iz chosen as champion." She said lifting her chest up so that she appeared to be more confident. She looped her arm through Mathias's and smiled at him. "I theenk that iz a good idea Mathias." She said softly, throwing a glance back at the carriage behind them.

She glanced up to the sky, awaiting her instructions, but she had a feeling the headmistress might be enjoying her conversation with the Durmstrang headmaster. Selene at that moment, let her gaze fall over the Durmstrang students, sulky, dark, and seemed to be very uncomfortable. A few of them had broken out of the line and were wandering darkly, looking like something was eating away at them. Sure they were all large, and rather meanly built. She bit her lip and looked at Mathias. "Zey do not look very happy do zey?" She asked softly, nodding towards the line of Durmstrang students. "They seem very... surely." She said shaking her mane of blonde hair sadly. "I 'ope zey do not stay that way ze entire time." She said softly. "I theenk I would like to get to know zem better."
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Jack could not but let out an appreciative laugh when the headmaster referred to 'Red' causing trouble. She turned and saluted to him, glad that it was now very obvious to everyone that getting in trouble did not bother her in any way, shape, or form. Quite the contrary... She was positively beaming with pride.

When she reached Chase and Eli she tried to act as though nothing was the problem. Everything Vito-related was out on the table, and Jack had been filled in on everything in Chase's life she may have not heard about. There should not be anything to feel awkward about. Besides the fact that Jack had no idea to deal with her friends' awkward relationship situation. And it didn't help she was cozying up to Elijah Krum.

Jack flickered a happy smile to Chase and Eli, refraining from giving Eli a warning look; what was there to warn him about? She said, "Hey Chase, Eli." She turned. "Oh! Hello, Peter." She waved at him before straightening up again. "I just spotted my... long time friend." She glanced at giving him a prompting smile. "We hit it off over the summer on one of my adventures."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:31 pm

"Why thank you," Antanas replied politely, though he didn't bother to give her a compliment too, he found such pleasantries unnecessary. "Of course, we all do don't we? My students? A few of them are very talented indeed," he said boastfully. His eyes fell on the beauxbatons students again, he had noticed a long time ago that they were a disciplined group. "Your students look very well-mannered and disciplined," he said appraisingly. "I am sure it will be a good tournament.

As he heard the headmaster speak, Antanas looked around to see where he was speaking from. The mass of students was blocking his way from seeing the entrance of the castle. No matter, he would just meet the headmaster once inside. "No Lycon, you will stay with the rest of the group. And Emil, don't act like a child, you are seventeen and a Durmstrang student, I expect you to behave like one," the headmaster said sternly, automatically slipping back to Russian as he adressed the two students. He ran his eye over the group, good, they were all there. "Durmstrang students! Follow me..."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhanna Charkov Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Zhanna had paused when her headmaster had one to approach the French headmistress, recognizing that it was not her place to be present during a conversation that did not involve her. She turned, her soft face turn as her hard eyes flicked between people, staring around to see who was worthy of her attention.

There was a boy sitting in the grass who like an appropriate candidate, but he was snuggling up to some girl. She turned and her eyes fell on a few French boys who were definitely options. A small smile fell onto her face, her head urning slightly, giving her the image of a reserved confidence.

The rough voice of her headmaster fell on her ears and she turned her pixie-ish face to him. At his command, she bowed her head slightly and fell into step with him, knowing that a sign of good merit would be the discipline that the Durmstrang students showed. That was, if Emil did not ruin if for them. Her eyes flashed to him and she turned her head towards the headmaster, indicating he should fall into line and behave.
Zhanna Charkov
Zhanna Charkov

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Emil felt himself pried away from his friends when he was asked to follow the Headmaster, and to stop acting like a child. He bowed his head in respect and fell in line with the rest of the Durmstrang students. He felt as if he'd been torn away too early. He was the very definition of irony; friendly and as energetic as a puppy, but afraid of dogs at the same time. He straightened out his uniform, which was thrown on in haste while on the ship. The hat made his head sweat, and his uniform was too warm. However, he decided that he'd try not to screw up for the sake of his school. He hated the way people glared at him.

Silently, he thought of a cold winter day. That would make him less susceptible to sweating. He had a wild imagination, which allowed him to see or hear or taste or feel something different than what his physical body would. It only worked for a short period of time, though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Remembrance Lyn Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:43 pm

(posting as Prison)

Prison sighed. Why couldnt anyone understand. He just wanted to be alone and not surrounded by people. It wasnt fair that he had to be surrounded by people girls and guys both when he just wanted to be alone for the night. Was that hard enough to understand. Sadly he mumbled some old french saying his gardian taught him and looked around bored as ever.
Remembrance Lyn
Remembrance Lyn

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top