Meeting - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Meeting - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Meeting

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: Meeting

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:31 am

"Now as for Hogwarts," he said in response to Majere and ignoring what he said before. "I think we need to take a page out of Fudge's book and place someone in the Ministry's power at Hogwarts as a teacher," he said nodding to him. "Although, I'll make sure myself she doesn't turn into an Umbridge I assure you. Wilson has already taken that position." he added smiling to Majere. "Other than that, I see nothing wrong with Hogwarts for the moment," Except for the idiot headmaster he though to himself. He turned to Gabrielle and smiled once more to her."Let's see," he said waving his wand and making a clipboard appear. He flipped the first two pages over and read the third page.

"Yes, you are quite right," he said waving his wand again making it disappear. "We do need to start enforcing laws." He faced her once again and smiled in an assuring way to her. Of course they needed to enforce laws, that's why the ministry was so low before. They didn't do anything to enforce laws before, well that would change now that Matt had stepped in. "I am open for suggestions," he said looking at Jess, then Majere, then Gabrielle, then Khaat, and finally Richard. "I myself have a list of improvements made for the Ministry. It's tucked right above the ones I have for Hogwarts," he said not catching Majere's eye.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:16 am

"I think we need to take a page from our own recent history with Emof," Khaat said, "I don't know of any courtroom in the world, wizard or muggle, that doesn't completely search the courtroom before each hearing and doesn't also search the defendant before they enter the courtroom. I think we need to put that into place. I did find that Emof had hidden weapons in the courtroom when we took the recess in that last trial. And if I know Emof at all, he was well armed himself. We can never allow that again. We need to have much, much better security there, and in certain cases, go back to what we used to do and put the defendant in magical restraints. Whatever needs to happen to insure the safety of everyone, not only in the courtroom but in the wizarding community as well. I refuse to allow that court to be a joke any longer. I've only presided as Chief Warlock over part of one trial, but already, I clearly see that there is much to change there."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Vincent glared at Matt, looking rather calm, but he was trying very hard to contain his anger. He couldn't for any longer though. He ignored both of Khaats and Gabrielles suggestions, they didn't matter to him, he wasn't going to stay with the ministry for much longer, now that it was just a puppet for the order. "If you think I am going to allow some ministry member to come to Hogwarts and control it then you truly are a total idiot," he said, scowling. "I'll warn you now, don't try that. Don't interfere with what goes on in Hogwarts. Or else. You may be the minister of magic, but Hogwarts lies with the headmaster. " Of course, they could remove him from his rank, in which case he needed protection.
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Number of posts : 836

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm

"Well Emof is first on my wanted list along with Patterson and Sandra Archer who i know now is Head of Death Eaters. It was very stupid or very brave of her to tell me her name because now i am going to send my entire department after her along with two thousand dementors i now have in stock..." Gabrielle replied to both Khaat and Matt though that was more like her personal to do list then anything else. "And Majere stop complaining. Someone needed to limit your authority over school long time ago though i couldn't do it because Minister supported you..." she added with a smirk wondering why was there always someone complaining.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:22 pm

[The order is unlikely to allow any dementors. If they do I have nothing to say really. Though it wouldn't entirely surprise me.]

"I'm not complaining Delacour," Vincent replied harshly. It felt nice not to have to treat her with respect anymore, because he no longer cared for his own ministry rank. "The ministry cannot 'limit my authority' over Hogwarts. If they try to, you'll see what will happen."
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Gabrielle rooled her eyes at him. "I would suggest you to stop threatning me because i am a woman hard to scare and certainly more hard to scare from people like yourself." she said with a smirk not changing her dark expression. Majere certainly liked to bug her or that was simply in his nature. "Oh it can't? Would you like to put your hand in fire for that one?" she asked raising an eyebrow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Majere Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:34 pm

"I'm not threatening you specifically," Vincent replied, rolling his eyes at her stupidity. "I'm just saying, the ministry should stay away from Hogwarts. If they interfere, then I will have to resort to drastic actions. So its more of a.. counter-threat I guess."
Vincent Majere
Vincent Majere

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:36 pm

Khaat had noticed Vincent's distance from everyone, and she perhaps felt it the most. Strangely enough, it grieved her. She had found herself really liking Vincent, and she was not in position to say it to him, and certainly not in front of the others. And, in fact, she found it odd that she was finding herself liking him. She wanted that distance bridged. She wanted back the relationship with him that she had had--the one where they could take or leave each other, sort of, but were not exactly enemies and not best buddies either. She loved their talks, even thought it was more verbal sparring than much else at times. Flat out, she missed him--a great deal. She tried to present an all business and professional facade, but she also knew he was an incredibly good judge of people and particularly her. She was hoping he was perceptive enough to be getting her message--all the words she could not say. And, furthermore, she knew him well enough that she could certainly understand his thoughts and feelings about Hogwarts. It was a very legitimate concern. The ministry battle had not gone as he had hoped, nor how he had needed it to go; and he certainly had to feel as if he were perhaps on shaky ground. Khaat, however, believed that he was crucial to not only Hogwarts but the new ministry, and she truly wanted him and Gabrielle both on board.

"Vincent," she said gently, hoping he would remember that she had tried never to lie to him about anything. Had never found reason to. "I think I need to speak up here. I admit, I was one of your strongest opponents against your being headmaster. You certainly know that. It is also no secret that I strongly supported Headmaster Shacklebolt, but he obviously is gone now. Furthermore, so far, as far as I can see, you have not given anyone here any reason to think that you are making any critical errors in judgement in your current position. Certainly not enough to try to remove you from your post at this moment. I, for one, have no reason to object to you remaining as you are--unless, of course, I find that someday you have done something incredibly stupid. And I do not foresee that ever happening. You are far too intelligent for that.

"In addition, I also know that you are abundantly aware that traditionally the headmaster has been an appointment from the ministry, as has been the removal of any headmaster that appears to not be competent in his job. I do not foresee that policy changing, unless Matt has some desire to change that, that I am not aware of. For the record, my vote goes in support of leaving you as you are at Hogwarts for the time being, until such time as we might discover that you become, in some form, incapable of making decisions that seem to lie in the students' best interests. I have not seen you do anything that seems to be counter to their welfare, and that does have to be our first concern regarding Hogwarts."

"I am truly very sorry that this is difficult for you and Gabrielle both. I know we have our differences in what we believe to be in the best interests of the ministry, but neither of you would have been asked here if you didn't have the intelligence and the skills for helping in the rebuilding of the ministry into an entity that stands, effectively and efficiently, on its own, without being either a dictatorship or merely an extention of any political faction. If the Order had wanted to do that, neither of you would be here, I am quite certain. I honestly am very glad you are here and I'd like to see you continue to come to any meetings you are invited to, as your schedule permits."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:09 am

"Enough!" he said loudly in a commanding voice. He was getting to like this, he looked at everyone. He turned to face Vincent, not breaking contact he continued. "Majere, I'm not Fudge for Christs sake!" he said. "I have no worries you are planning to overthrow the Ministry. Although that Imperium Squad does irk me a little," he added. "Nontheless, I will be posting someone within Hogwarts simply to keep things smooth and running," he finished. He turned his head to Gabrielle and let out a sigh.

"Gabrielle, I think it's best that the Dementors stay in Azkaban for the moment," he said. "I do not want to endanger muggles," he added shaking his head. "Also, please refrain from insulting our allies at the moment," he added now beginning to build up some steam. He was doing better than he though he was, "You're lucky I don't send the Dementors away somewhere remote," he finished with her now. Majere had spoken up and he turned to face him once more, "Majere!" he said very loudly once more. "Leave the subject of Hogwarts alone, if you refuse to cooperate I will be forced to remove you from your position as Headmaster," he said as if he had been doing this for years.

He looked at Gabrielle, then back to Vincent. "Enough! The both of you!" he said. "Gabrielle, I will handle this!" he said his hand clutched around his wand, his knuckles turning white. "Vincent, what are you implying?" he asked him raising an eyebrow. "If you resort to drastic measures to defy the Ministry you will be sent to Azkaban on the spot!" he said calmly. "So I suggest you shut up and listen to what I have to say. That goes double for you Gabrielle!" he added throwing her a dirty look. "Khaat, after we're done here I would like to see you afterwards," he added. "Now, if anyone else has anything to say..." he said eyeing Majere. "Shall I continue?" he said pausing.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:15 am

((yeah, i doubt 2000 dementors are in the world. Also, they're only NPCs, please don't use them Razz))

Jess frowned, he didn't like this side of matt one bit, he was taking things a bit too far. "Well, speaking from a basic point of view, i'd say that Hogwarts... well, i think it can remain how it is. However, i insist that you let the staff you fired earlier in the year return. We don't mean you any harm, and we don't plan on causing any trouble. For many of us, we just want our jobs back," he said quietly, before focusing. "Gabrielle, Emof is definitely one of the top targets of the ministry, and i support any moves you make against him, personally, however, the use of Dementors is one i would discourage, i don't like them, and that's that." he told her.

"Go on matt," he said nodding
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top