As the Sun Sets... (Cat only)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

As the Sun Sets... (Cat only) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

As the Sun Sets... (Cat only)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

As the Sun Sets... (Cat only) Empty As the Sun Sets... (Cat only)

Post by Sterling Silver Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:05 am

Sterling sat on one of the metal support beams of the Eiffel Tower. Sterling had sent an owl to Catalina, telling her to meet him there... he didn't know if he was ready to face her parents yet. But he wanted to see her, in her native country.

The sky was perfect, streaked with cirrus and innocent looking stratus clouds in the distance, liberally streaked with vivacious hues of pink, orange, and yellow from the light of the setting sun. Sterling sighed longingly as he looked out onto it. He was excited to see Cat, but extremely nervous as to what he had to tell her... would she accept his apology? Would she understand his reasons?

Butterflies fluttered unwelcome in his stomach as the moment she would come drew nearer and nearer. "Oh Cat..." he whispered softly to himself.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

As the Sun Sets... (Cat only) Empty Re: As the Sun Sets... (Cat only)

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:25 am

Catalina slowly walked to the Eiffel Tower, her mind drifting off as her eyes swept over the beautiful scenery that was her home. The Seine river flowed smoothly not far off, the people around her bustling about as if they were no time left in the world. She sighed sadly at them, wondering what could be making them rush through their daily lives with such vigor. They didn't even stop to smell the air, filled with cigarette smoke and coffee. But, there was a faint scent of croissants in the sky, and Catalina had a sudden urge to go and buy a Roma Panini in one of the Boulangeries. But, she could wait. Maybe Sterling would go with her.

Smiling at the thought, her heart quickened its pace and she winced in pain. Ever since Nerezza had hit her with that sectumsempra, it had always hurt to think of Sterling, or even laugh. She could do nothing that made her pulse quicken for it always hurt her chest. Sighing, she looked over at Le Tour Eiffel, and smiled up at it. Sure, most of the Parisians didn't like it very much, but she liked it. Especially on the 14 of July when the fireworks lit up the old wrought iron structure.

Spotting Sterling not too far away, she hurried over to him, trying to wipe the pain away from her face. None of it was left behind, for the smile that washed over her lips and the joy that set in her eyes was enough to fool any person that she was perfectly fine. With a beautiful smile, she said, "Hello, handsome." She leaned forward and kissed him on the lips, holding back a wince of pain as her heart sped up again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:48 am

Sterling turned and smiled broadly as Catalina approached him. Vaguely in the back of his mind he remembered the psychology of approaching somebody made you more attracted to them than being approached. He was glad it had worked out that he got there first. "Hello beautiful," he countered, smiling after being pulled into a kiss. He loved it when she did it so spontaneously like that.

"How's your..." Sterling started, but couldn't bring himself to say the words, so instead lifted his shirt to reveal the diagonal scar made by the same curse by the same person on his own torso. She didn't seem to be in any pain, which was good. She was recovering faster than he had.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:44 am

Catalina stared at him, giggling softly, but immediately regretting it. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, keeping that beautiful smile on her face. When her eyes had opened again, the pain had subsided and she was grinning sweetly over at Sterling.

Blinking as she showed him the mark upon his torso, she idly reached out a hand and gently traced it with her finger. Blushing shortly after, she moved her hand back to her side, hating the speed of her heart. She flashed him a grin, and said, "I am not showing you mine, Sterling. It is right here." She pointed to the place where her heart was and then blushed, thinking it rather awkward to be indicating her chest to a boy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:47 am

The feel of her finger on his bare skin was indescribably. It sent throbs of painful pleasure straight to his heart, but pain too, for the old curse still hurt. But it was worth it... so worth it...

Sterling blushed. "Oh, sorry. I thought it was a lot bigger, like mine." he said. His wasn't in one place, it was from his right hip to his left shoulder, and then it curled a little bit around each way. She seemed perfectly fine, but something about the way her eyes looked gave Sterling a different impression. He stepped forward for a closer look at her eyes and brushed the hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear gingerly. "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked seriously.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:52 pm

Catalina smiled gently at his blush. With a soft sigh, she whispered, "Mine starts at my heart, but it is a rather long wound. I wish I could hide it with something, because I hate looking at it. It is so gross." She wrinkled her nose and then giggled, trying to sound perfectly fine. But, at the moment, that had been too much. The combination of her laughter and Sterling's touch caused her heart to tremble, sending jolts of pain and electricity through her body.

Ever since the spell was inflicted upon her had she been in this much pain. Tears welled in her eyes but she stifled them and then realized she had just gasped in surprise. Staring up at Sterling, she whispered, "No, no, I am fine." She smiled again. "Perfect." It's not as if anything could help it. They'd already tried St. Mungo's. She figured that it would get better with time. it had only been a week or so since the attack. It wouldn't have healed so quickly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:00 pm

"Cat... I know you're trying to hide the pain..." Sterling said sadly. He didn't know what triggered it, and he only wanted her to feel better, so he stepped forward and gave her a hug, wrapping his arms around the tops of her shoulders. "It'll be alright..." he whispered, trying to be soothing.

Sterling knew it was his fault she had it. Why was it that people always got hurt when they got close to him? Sterling kept his hold, not wanting to leave her until she wanted him to.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:00 am

Catalina tried to frown at him to make him believe that she was confused but merely couldn't. She was strong, though. She wouldn't cry. Her heart beat faster as he embraced her and she winced in pain, thankful that he couldn't see her face. She wrapped her arms around his torso, nuzzling her face in his neck and breathing in his scent. Too bad that pained her as well.

But, she didn't want to let go. "It is not your fault," she whispered slowly, biting her lips as a fresh wave flew through her bones. "I was not on my guard. I could have stopped her from taking me. I was foolish to think that I would be safe."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:41 pm

Sterling was pressed close enough to her to feel her fluttering heart beat... it was adorable. The effect was ruined, however, by a stifled shiver of pain. Sterling backed away, realizing for the first time the pain could be linked to him... he let his hand run slowly across her waist, lingering there for his own selfish desires... he couldn't bear to pull away too quickly...

He took her hand instead, in both of his hands and stroked it softly. "Is there anything I can do?" he whispered, quiet enough so that she would naturally want to come closer to hear him better... it went against the point of pulling away from her in the first place, but he couldn't stand to be away from her.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:49 pm

When he pulled away, Catalina whimpered slightly, her sapphire eyes widening in alarm. As his hand lingered on her waist, she fought to control her heart beat, but couldn't. She blinked a couple of times and pulled him back with the hand he was holding. With a whisper so gentle, almost pathetic, she murmured, "Do not let go."

As much as it pained her, Sterling's embrace brought relief to the aches coursing through her body. She never wanted to part with him, this painfully comforting touch was all she wanted in this moment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top