Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fee Fi Fo Fum

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 10 Empty Re: Fee Fi Fo Fum

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:09 am

Jess felt Robert take some of the pain away and she relaxed against Jack " much, thanks Robert." she said now pain free. Listening to them talking she nodded to Robert and dug into her pocket.

"Right here Robert." she said and showed him her keys that dangled from her finger. She turned to look at Jack who rummaged in his pocket.

"these?" he asked holding up a set of key to show Robert " that one is the one I used to bring us here from the basement" he said showing a brass key.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:34 am

"Those are the ones. Good. You're both set. Looks like we're pretty equipped, Robert said.

"Shall I contact my friend?" Marcus asked. "I'll have to use muggle mail or their email system, but I can do that."

"Send some inquiries and see," Brian said. "See what he tells us. Is your friend muggle?"

"Squib," Marcus said. "But he still makes a good living. Muggle systems work better for him since magical ones don't always work for him."

"Makes sense," Brian said. Yes, check it out. I presume James would have no interest in Santorini."

"He wouldn't need to know you were out of England at all," Robert said. "We can play a little shell game with him if we had to and make him think Khaat was still here in England. Then he likely wouldn't even look elsewhere. I presume the four of you know how to stay under the radar for a couple of days.

"Who said anything about wanting to be above radar?" Brian asked.

"Its me he wants," Khaat said quietly.

"Well, he isn't getting you or anyone else," Brian said.

"Absolutely not," Robert said.

"I'm just saying no one else needs to be staying out of sight. Just me," she said. "I don't want to be a wet blanket on any trip."

"Stop that," Brian said. "A little private time is never off my agenda. I wasn't looking for a high profile trip anyway. Were you, for some reason?"

"No," she replied.

"The pressure of having someone targeting you can be pretty intense," Marcus said. "I know how she feels. She'll be alright."
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:03 am

Jess listened to Robert and sighed " Hey we'll be there and I know I could use a vacation" she said feeling Jack chuckle behind her. " what?" she asked slightly elbowing him in his ribs.

Jack chuckled as Jess had said about needing a vacation " ouch, yeah you do your stressed to the max" he told her as he gently tickled her making her squirm in his arms and laugh. But she stopped hearing Marcus.

"come on Khaat, the beach sun no stress nights out.." Jess said " its what we were talking about, besides who knows what could happen." Jack looked down at Jess.

"besides James always stays close to home" Jack told her" so far I've not see him go abroad once, so I'd say we'd be safe."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:16 am

"Like I told you last night," Khaat said, "I'm all for it. I think we should go."

"The full moon isn't due for another 2 and a half weeks," Robert said. "As long as you're not going during the full moon, your risk is also less. But, we have no reason not to take Jack at his word."

"Then if James never leaves England, then we all simply need to move to the continent," she said with a bit of a smile. "Problem solved."

"And put me out of a perfectly good job on my very first day?" Marcus teased right back. "Certainly not. You're stuck with me, I'm afraid. For awhile at least."

"We'd find a reason to keep you," Khaat said. "You looked pretty good with kids, right?"

"I have five of my own."

"You can be the nanny," she said.

"No." Brian heard the finality in Marcus's voice, and it struck him funny, and he started to laugh. It made Kate and Robert laugh too.

"I like a man who knows his mind, and he definitely knows he doesn't want to do that," Robert laughed.

"I think I'll go send my letter," Marcus said, not hiding his own amused smile. He started into the house and touched Khaat on the shoulder and looked at her. "As I told one of my favorite women, you're far braver than you know.'" He went into the house.

"Favorite women?" Brian echoed.

"His youngest daughter," Robert said. "There's a story there. He told me all about it before he accepted this post. He's a good man. He has his flaws but he really is a good man. Jack and Brian, you two should train with him. Run the course with him and see what you think. Not today, though. Maybe tomorrow. Let him have at least one day before you try to take him down on the course, right?"

"Papa?" Abbey asked.

"Yes, Poppet. What do you need?"

"Down? Cookie?"

"Well, down, yes. Cookie, not until after your nap."

"I"m a big girl now. I no need a nap."

"Even big girls need naps now and then," he said, picking her up.

"I can do that," Kate said.

"No, no, no," Robert said, still smiling at Abbey. "We're going to have a story, and then Abbey's going to take just a little tiny nap."

"And then a big cookie?" she asked. Robert nodded. He took her upstairs, leaving the rest of them outside. Kate, Brian, and Angus cleaned the table from lunch.

"You look tired, Jess," Kate said. "You should rest while Robert's reduced the pain for you. Why don't you have Angus make you a cup of almond tea since it is so calming and then find a quiet place to just enjoy it? In fact, maybe he should make a pot. I might take a cup myself."
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:52 pm

Jess looked at Kate and sighed " yeah I am, and that sounds really good, if you don't mind Angus? " she said moving from the table Jack close beside her.

"I'll get her settled then fetch her tea, dinner was great thanks Angus." Jack said Jess smiled at him as he walked with her to her room.

"Jack Im fine" Jess said with a yawn and Jack looked at her unimpressed. okay I'm just tired" He nodded and moved her to the bed.

"okay sit and I'll get your tea" he said " oh and Jess I wasn't putting you down earlier, I know your a strong woman and its what I lo...like about you" he corrected himself before leaving and heading to the kitchen to get the tea Kate had suggested kicking himself for almost slipping in his words earlier.

"hey Angus you got that tea for Jess?" he asked sitting down on a stool facing him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:33 pm

"Yeah, Mate," Angus said, busy chopping some pecans. "The brown teapot on the counter. Kate made a larger pot so anyone who wanted some could have it. Help yourself. I promised Abbey some pecan shortbread biscuits. So what's your thoughts about Marcus? Think he's going to work out?"

Robert finished putting Abbey down for a nap and came back downstairs, told Kate he was heading back to work. He had countless things he had to do, and he couldn't be way any longer and then ported out.

Outside, Brian had decided to join Khaat and share her lounge chair with her. He settled in with her and simply wrapped her close.

"You're awfully quiet. What's going on?" he asked.

"Just a lot to think about," she said curling into him.

"I think you've done enough thinking," he told her. "And you've just about had enough sun too."

"Maybe I should change my hair. Change my perfume..."

"Maybe you should get your mind on something else," he smiled. "Don't you usually have a whole briefcase full of paperwork?"

"I do. Always."

"Then, I think you need to work at it for awhile this afternoon. How about I take you inside and you can work on it? And then I need to get ack to work myself." She nodded.

He helped her up to her room and left her to go back to work. She started to work on the briefcase of paperwork but didn't have what she needed. She had an envelope on her desk that she absolutely needed. She decided that if she simply popped back into her office that she could go and be back and no one would even know she was gone. She got up and tried to go to the dresser to get her purse, without her crutches, and couldn't stand on her bad leg, and fell. That brought Marcus at once.

"Misbehaving?" he asked, going over and putting his hands under her shoulders to help her up. "Be honest. Where were you going?"

"Back to my office just to get an envelope off my desk."

"In your Daisy Dukes?"

"That's why I was going in a hurry, before anyone could see I was there," she said. He laughed out loud.

"Alright. I'll go with you. Where's your portkey?"

"In my bag," she said. He handed her the bag, and she got her keys. He took them from her.

"I'll do the driving, thank you very much," he told her. "Two minutes." He ported her out.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22578
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:04 pm

Jess lay down on her bed half asleep already but relaxed. Jack grabbed a cup of the tea and headed back up to Jess's room as he pushed open the door he saw her smile as he entered.

" okay, teas here" he said placing it down next to her on the night stand. Jack sat next to her on the bed. " want me to stay?" he asked and saw her nod.

"please, if anything you'd make a comfortable pillow." she joked making Jack smile as he moved around to the other side of the bed and lay down on top of the covers, one arm around her as she lent against him and sipped her tea.

After an hour Jess was sound asleep and Jack slipped out the room and down to the kitchen after some of Angus's cookies again. "Shes finally asleep" he said smiling "I have to say that tea worked wonders for her."

Moving to the cookie jar he took out two cookies and began to eat.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:27 pm

"It usually does," Angus said, putting a sheet of shortbread cookies into the oven. "Not sure where all the cookies go in this house. They seem to just completely disappear."

In her office at St. Mungo's, Khaat started to flick through papers on her desk, but she wasn't finding what she wanted. She sighed, frustrated.

"Can I help you with something?" Marcus asked.

"There was a blue envelope here yesterday," she said as someone knocked on the door. She was certainly not dressed for work.

"Allow me," Marcus said, flicking his wand at her, changing her short shorts to gray dress slacks and her tank top to a red dress blouse. "You look fine. Now, sit. I'll get the door." She sat down at the desk and Marcus answered the door. It was Khaat's secretary.

"I thought I heard someone in here. I didn't see you come in, though," her secretary frowned.

"We just slipped by," Khaat said. "Let me introduce you. This is Marcus Belby. He's accompanying me today."

"I thought you werent' coming in. Your father said you hurt your leg and might not be in for a few days."

"He was right," I said. "Marcus is here to make sure I don't fall on my face. I came to get that blue envelope that was on my desk yesterday. I can't finish my paperwork without it." Her secretary rooted in a stack of paperwork on Khaat's credenza, found the envelope, and handed it to her.

"Thank you," she said.

"Well, if you don't mind my saying, its a good thing you have someone with you," her secretary said.

"Why is that?"

"A young woman was found murdered last night,and another this noontime. People are already talking. They say they're related. It isn't safe to go out, they say."

"Then we must all take more care, won't we?" Marcus said. "Khaat and I will be avoiding the street, I think. Anything else, Khaat?"

"Are there autopsy reports yet for these women?" Khaat asked.

"Not yet. Your father did the first autopsy this morning, but no one's had time to get to the second yet."

"I see," Khaat said. "No, I think that's all, Marcus."

"Then, we should go," he said. She nodded and stood and he put a bracing arm under her. "Nice to meet you," he told the secretary and ported them back home.

"Two killings? What is James up to?" she asked.

"If they're both his? He's trying to get your attention, I'd wager. Sit. How about some of that almond tea, if your mother brewed it?"

"I'm sure she did. It's one of her favorites."

"I'll send for some for you," he said. He sent a paper bird down to the kitchen to see if Angus would send some tea up for Khaat.

"Catch that bird, will you, Jack?" Angus said seeing a paper bird flutter in and make circles in the air in the kitchen.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:33 pm

Jack chuckled as he ate the cookie "yeah, I wonder?" he said smiling as he drank his coffee. " hum?" he said as he looked up to see a paper bird flutter into the kitchen. With a quick movement he grabbed hold of it and held it out to Angus." here you go, always was good with the reflexes." he said tucking into his second cookie.

" I'll take Khaat her Tea, if you want, I noticed the words tea and Khaat" he said now standing up off the stool ready to help out. " beside Jess will sleep for some time thanks to that tea she had so I need to be of some use."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 pm

"That would be good. She wants some of the almond. She's been too quiet all day. I think she's a bit edgy about last night, if you ask me, but no wonder. It was a close shave, that. Robert is right. It isn't good for the girls to go out by themselves." He took a mug and poured tea in it and handed it to Angus. "That should do it. Let me know if she needs anything else."

Upstairs, Marcus reversed his clothing spell and changed her back from business dress to her shorts and tank top. She sat back down on the bed and took the blue envelope and settled in to try to focus on her paperwork.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum