Fee Fi Fo Fum
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fee Fi Fo Fum Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fee Fi Fo Fum

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fee Fi Fo Fum Empty Fee Fi Fo Fum

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:25 pm

It had been a busy day, but Khaat had wanted to spend some girl time with Jess because it had been entirely too long. She had left Abbey home with Angus and Brian and had left them to fend for themselves for dinner and had invited Jess to have dinner with her at Sparks. There was also an important reason for going to Sparks in particular. Angus had created a number of new recipes to add to the menu for fall, and Lizzie was excited about a couple of fall pastry ideas. Robert had also made a three or four fall flavors of tea that she needed to try. They wanted Khaat to stop in and do some sampling of the new menu ideas. Khaat was hoping Jess would go along for a second opinion. She'd sent her eagle, Arrow, to deliver a message to Jess's apartment to ask her if she'd like a girl's night out for a quick bite to eat.

"Jess," the note had read, "how would you like to be my guest for a special chef's table tasting of possible new fall menu ideas for Spark? I have to work until 8 tonight. I know it's late, but I can promise the food will be good, and besides, you and I need a girl's night out. What do you say? Are you in? K."

She had sent it from home before she left for St. Mungos and hoped Jess would say yes.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22485
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Fee Fi Fo Fum Empty Re: Fee Fi Fo Fum

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:52 pm

Jess had been busy cleaning her apartment since Jack was out doing ministry business and had been for several days. when she received a message from Khaat she smiled as she read the note, placing it down she wrote her own and gave it to the eagle. " give this to Khaat" she said. It basically said 'Hi K, I would love to, tell me what time and I'm there, J."

Soon she Put down the cleaning cloth she picked up her jacket and headed towards her front door.

Making her way to sparks she could smell the coffee aroma coming from the place. Pushing open the door she looked around . " Khaat I'm here, now wheres the good stuff?!" she said chuckling
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:06 pm

"Hi!" Khaat smiled, glad Jess could make it. Sparks was largely empty now, so she had arranged for a quiet table not all that far from the kitchen door, and she'd put out a couple of clipboards and pens so they could take some notes on what they liked or maybe didn't like. "Come sit. Lizzie's preparing some appetizers for us. Here's the ideas--apples with baked brie, pear salad with carmelized walnuts and gorgonzola dressing, deep fried butternut squash slices with a creamy pumpkin dip, and some gyro bites--they like little gyro sandwiches, but in little balls of puff pastry and with a tzatziki sauce. I think they all sound good. They need our votes for our top two favorites. I'll tell Lizzie we're ready."

She disappeared for a moment, told Lizzie they were ready and brought back two glasses of ice water so they could take a drink and clean their palates before moving on to taste a new dish. She set out some tea cups so they could sample Robert's tea ideas when they got to that point.

"Water for now is okay?" she asked. "It's traditional at a food tasting so that your tastebuds aren't affected by whatever you're drinking. "Or I could get you something else if you like. In the meantime, catch me up. What's happening with you and Jack?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:19 pm

Jess smiled seeing Khaat come from the back. She followed her to the table nearest the kitchen and chuckled " they all sound so yummy." she said as she sat letting Khaat continue and place down the glasses of water.

"awe.." she playfully said but chuckled " waters fine and not much to say he went on a mission for the ministry oh four days ago and still not back," Jess could feel hr cheeks flush slightly as she spoke about Jack.

"Hes..different, kind" she said with a soft smile. "You know he actually cooked, he made a pot roast with Ice cream and apple pie for after before he left, it was delicious, Not as good as Angus though." She pulled her glass towards her as she lent on the table facing Khaat.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:29 pm

"Four days?" Khaat asked. "Well, that's not unusual. Sometimes Brian's assignments or Michael's can take several days at a time. I've learned not to panic. No news isn't bad news. No news is just no news, and usually means they're busy. Still, I do understand that when we don't hear anything, it gets worrying. I'm glad he cooks, though. That means you'll be able to share some of the chores, and that's good. And it sounds like he's a fair sight better than the last guy you dated. I mean, he seems like a decent guy."

Lizzie brought out two long wooden boards with four little sampler dishes on each board and set one of the boards in front of each of them and announced it was an appetizer flight and explained which dish was which. She then left them and went back to the kitchen.

"I like the looks of each of them," Khaat said. "They're beautiful. I think I'm going to be glad I came hungry tonight. Maybe that's what comes from eating later. I left Angus and Brian to manage to take care of Abbey with out me. That means they had to make sure she got dinner, gets her bath and gets into bed and, hopefully, asleep, all without me. They don't usually have to do that a lot because I'm usually home by bedtime."

"Dig in, Jess. We each need to try all four of them," she said.

She decided to try the pear salad first and was delighted. She made a note on the paper on the clipboard to have Angus make that at home.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:37 pm

Jess chuckled and nodded " yeah I know, and oh so much better that guy was a total loser, even then he gave slobs a bad name." she said smiling as Lizzie placed the dishes in front of both of them.

"You know that guy took all my money , then ran off with a younger woman..shesh, if he wanted out he could have just asked." Jess looked at the selection and took some of the gyro bites and began to eat.

"Hum.." She said before writing down her thoughts about the dish then taking a drink of water she moved to the pear salad with carmelized walnuts. " so how are you and Brian doing?
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:52 pm

"Yeah, well, you know anyone more interested in your money than in you is a loser, that's for sure," she said. "I'm glad you're happy. You certainly deserve it. Not to change the subject, but Angus definitely has to start serving this at home. This pear salad is a winner. You know what's going to happen, right? We're going to like them all, and we aren't going to be able to pick two favorites. Okay, I'm going to try the apples and brie. I like brie, but I"m wondering if perhaps it's going to be too simple. We'll see, I suppose."

She decided to taste the topping on the brie first and found it was a warm spiced plum compote and on top of that was a crunchy cinnamon crumble. That was going to certainly change it being too plain. She put some of the brie with the compote and the crumble on an apple slice and tasted it.

"That's nice. It's maybe a good thing for a group of people who want to share some appetizers at a table," she said. "Would be a good snack with a muggle movie too." Jess had asked her how things were with her and Brian, and it made her smile.

"He's amazing," she said. "Not every man would step in and parent another man's child, but he doesn't even seem to think about that. I think he bonded with her almost from the instant she was born. He doesn't shy away from diaper duty or temper tantrums or teething. None of it. He never says a word about how many shoes I buy, rarely complains, and is one of the hardest working men I've ever known. We have yet to have our first serious fight. I can't complain about one single thing. He's so completely different from Rob. I've decided I never really knew the real Rob. I was only allowed to see who he wanted me to see, not who he really was. I probably should regret that Daddy took every cent Rob had here in England, but I don't. Rob owes me and Abbey at least that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:12 pm

Jess nodded at Khaat's suggestion " yeah, I found the Brie too plain, now with something to contrast it, that would be a good dish" she said listening to Khaat and saw the smile on her face. "awe, that's sweet." she said taking a drink of water. " Hey after what he did you deserved it, or rather Abby deserved it." Jess could not help but stab at her plate.

"As asses go he was the biggest one around Khaat." Jess looked at Khaat and sighed " Robert did the right thing ..so did you, your much better off, besides Brian's way hotter than Rob any day, besides from what I could tell he had a..." She held up her pinky finger and wiggled it back and forth suggestively. " so his ego had to make up the difference." said with a smirk.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:25 pm

Khaat laughed out loud at Jess's comment about Rob.

"I never really thought about it," she said. "But in every way that is important, Brian outscores him. Do you know he's asked me what I want for our anniversary? He's suggested I ought to decide where I'd like a vacation house, and he said I could pick anywhere in the world. I can't imagine just picking a country and saying, 'how about there?' I think we should just travel first and if we find someplace we really love, then that might be worth thinking about. You know, the next time my parents claim 'Grandparents' Rights' and want Abbey for a whole weekend, the four of us--you and Jack and Brian and me--should take a weekend trip someplace. I think Brian would certainly enjoy it. And if we plan on going on a weekend when it isn't the full moon, Jack wouldn't have to worry so much about transforming and all that nonsense. Okay, I think I'm going to try the butternut squash bites with the pumpkin dip." She dipped a slice of breaded and deep fried squash into the pumpkin dip.

"Nice crunch, just a little spice and a little heat. Some natural sweetness from the squash and the pumpkin, and some savory spices to balance. This would be another one worth sharing with a bunch of people. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:39 pm

Jess thought about Khaat's words and nodded " oh he does, out the ball park Khaat and I'd love to travel, but you'd have to ask Jack himself, he does have his ministry work, not sure he could get out of it." Jess looked at the butternut squash bites with the pumpkin dip and dipped a slice of breaded, deep fried squash into the pumpkin dip and ate it.

"hum...I agree, the dip says ..share me" she said " maybe couples on their first date or group functions?" she said marking her comments on her sheet. It was now that the front door bell rang as some one entered. Jess kept her head down and didn't look up.

It was only when a hand took some breaded and deep fried squash and dipped it into the pumpkin dip did she look up " Hey!" she said some what annoyed as she stood up out of her chair. But she froze looking at the one man she'd not seen in four days " Jack?" she asked seeing the lopsided smirk on his face before she jumped into his arms.

"Hey Khaat," Jack said holding Jess off the ground " I guess she missed me" his voice holding a chuckle as he spoke. " by the way, tell Lizzie.." he held up the slice of breaded and deep fried squash "delicious ." His arm was still around Jess's waist.

Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum