Always Clean Up Your Own Mess - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Always Clean Up Your Own Mess - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Always Clean Up Your Own Mess

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Always Clean Up Your Own Mess - Page 8 Empty Re: Always Clean Up Your Own Mess

Post by James Blood Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:51 am

James was about to set his sights on a little band of students trying to disembark from their tiny boat when a voice spoke up out of the darkness.

"Khaat Lupin is at Dumbledore's tomb," the voice said. James spun around, unable to resist the words. He saw a band of people standing at the site of the white tomb. They were relatively all the same size--except one. The little one. It had to be her. They were either geniuses or imbeciles.

"Moira," he said quietly to one of them. "Look. We may be in luck." Then he called. "What are you offering?"

"Her," Edward called back.

"And what do you want?"

"I want the students," Edward said. "And the staff. All of them. I want you and your pack off the grounds."

"I want the woman--and the stone," James called.

"Done," Edward said.

"How do I know its her?" James called. Marcus pulled away her cloak from her neck. The magical green stone around her neck shot a bright green light, straighter and more accurate than any wand shot, right towards James. The green was bright enough to light up everything around them.

In her whole life, Khaat had never seen the stone this bright before. It was the first of the stone's warnings, and tonight, it was stronger than she'd ever seen it. The stone warned in direct proportion to the danger around her, and it clearly saw the pack here as a serious threat.

James grinned, satisfied. The stone protected the Lupin woman to some extent, and James didn't know how. He wanted to find out, though. He wanted the stone. And he wanted her. He needed to send a message to the wizarding world that the anti-werewolf family could and had been defeated. Besides that, he had allowed her to get under his skin. He took some steps toward her.

"Marcus," Khaat said softly, "Your blade. He needs some incentive." He hesitated, and she nodded. He drew the blade and made a cut, deliberately cutting along her good collarbone so that the light of the stone showed James the blood. She never flinched, her eyes fixed on James. If James got to her, the cut on her collarbone would be the least of her problems.

James' sensitive sense of smell picked up the scent quickly. It was a strong, powerful lure, especially combined with the stone, the smell of the perfume she always wore, and the promise of finally getting his hands on her.

And then...there was another scent. It was intoxicating, and almost impossible to resist. It was the scent of her slowly rising fear. He laughed deeply in his own evil amusement.

"No deal unless you leave, Slayer," he said, his words almost a deep growl now. "And then I want the woman."

"Not a chance until your pack leaves," Edward said firmly.

James hesitated and then whistled to the pack. "Take what you have," he told them. "And then leave the grounds." He had no intention of telling them to stop hunting. Hogsmeade was still fair game. If they had to give up on school grounds, though, that was alright. Moira would have done her work quickly. "They're leaving," he told them. "Now--hold up your end of the deal. Give me her and the stone."

"Not on the grounds," Edward said. "You can have her--outside the gates." He pointed to the gates.

"Don't you dare leave me," Khaat said very softly to Marcus. "If you can't do this, then don't leave me alive if you have to surrender me."

"We're not leaving," he said softly in her ear. "And we're not surrendering."

James Blood
James Blood

Number of posts : 62
Special Abilities : Unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:41 am

Amelia was now hovering fifty feet above the lake observing the scene. She had positioned herself midway between Romeo's lagging boat and the rest of the school, who had almost landed on the other aide of the shore. Not long now before they would be heading into Hogwarts where they could use floo-networks and apostate to safety. There was only one problem, they hadn't worked out where they would floo too. Obviously their homes, if possible, if not then St Mungo's would be ideal. It was well protected and there would be enough beds for the students who don't make it home to sleep in.

Her pale eyes, caught by an emerald light, glanced in the direction of the White tomb. Khaat Lupin had arrived and she looked rather weak. Why she had decided to come was beyond Amelia, unless she didn't come off of her own free will? The Professor wasn't up to speed with what was going on in the Lupin family and their allegiances, it was somewhat of a secret to most people. Keeping her wand firmly in her hand she tilted her broom further towards where the students were. The only reason Amelia could think of why Khaat had arrived was to distract the werewolves attention, lure them away from the students. It was bold, admirable and making Amelia's motherly feelings flood from deep inside her womb up through the rest of her body. She was going to protect the students no matter what. They weren't just her students, they were peoples children and none of them was going to be savaged or slated by werewolves.

Touch down. The students had reached the other side of the lake. Amelia, still keeping her attention on the scene by the tomb flew over the students and other Professors who were trying to organise some sort of escape to Hogsmede.
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:47 am

"Keep me on my feet, Marcus," she said to her bodyguard softly.

"I thought that was obvious," Marcus replied. "It's easier if I have one hand free. Hold tight. Back up with me. I've got you." He backed up with her slowly, one step at a time.

"He's attracted to your fear too," Edward told her. "He smells it. It would help if you could manage to give him a bit more of that."

"That's not hard," she said, scowling slightly at Edward. "How close are you going to let him get?"

"However close I need to, to get them off the grounds," Edward said, expecting a doublecross from James. Marcus kept walking backwards with Khaat towards the school gate. James followed, at a distance, keeping the pack well behind him.

Khaat wasn't strong enough to walk. Marcus was doing most of the work, but even so, she was exhausted just from trying to stand. Her knees gave way, and Marcus had to stop. He gathered her closer, not letting her fall.

"You know," James taunted, "if the Princess doesn't feel up to it, you could save her the trouble and just hand Her Highness over to me right now."

"Her Highness," Marcus replied, "doesn't leave my hands until we're off the grounds. The deal was that you and your pack leave the grounds first."

Khaat looked and saw some of the pack skirting around them and heading off the grounds. She noticed they had a few more than they had when they arrived.

"Marcus," she said in a whisper, alarmed that they were leaving with a few students.

"They've turned them," Marcus said. "There's nothing we can do for them tonight. James has them now. I'm counting...three? Maybe four?"

"You leave all the kids, James," Khaat called to him. "You take no one."

"You're not in a position to bargain that," he laughed. "They're mine now and they're coming by their own choice. Besides the good professor knows that any school has a few dropouts. Werewolves are dangerous, don't you know? You certainly can't afford to have new werewolves on the grounds. Heaven forbid they go rogue!" He laughed deeply, amused. "When are you Lupins going to learn you don't run the world?"

She hated his sinister laugh. It galled her, and she hated what she knew was ahead for the students the pack had just turned. It was hideous, and she ached for them and what they were going to have to deal with. She wasn't concerned about the world. She only wanted to see one man dead--James. Marcus started to move her backwards towards the gate again.

"Hey, I know!" James teased. "Bring your sainted father here, and we'll make it double or nothing! I get the two of you, and you can have the school and ALL the students!"

"He's not coming," Edward said. "You take Khaat or nothing."

Kate had kept a silent watch on the whole tense scene. She wasn't sure if the professor knew the plan or not. She saw Thaor Sr was still there, watching. She looked at him and pointed to the professor, hoping Thaor understood enough to know what they needed. Someone needed to tell the professor to cast a protection spell around the gates to keep the werewolves off the grounds once they were gone. And they needed to cast the spell to repair the gates and close them the instant that the werewolves were off the property.

Khaat heard the gravel under her feet again, and not the school drive. They were hitting the edge of the school grounds.

"Stop," she told Marcus quietly. "Give Professor Cooper and her staff a chance to catch up." She wasn't sure James wouldn't change his mind. She looked at the others with her.

"You touch the staff, and the deal is off, James," she said.

"I'll do what I want," James told her. "You go back on your wager, and I'll kill them all." She had to keep reminding herself that if Professor Cooper understood what she had to do and how quickly she had to do it that none of the staff would be hurt. She noticed one of the "Michael's" was drawing back slowly. She didn't know if it was Michael or her father, but whoever it was, they intended to offer Cooper a hand in securing and repairing the gate. She knew the repair was a big job and there wouldn't be much time.

The pack was drawing closer to the gates. It would only take a few more steps. If all went well, the school would be safe. As for her own life, well, she had no idea if she would be alive a few moments from now or not.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Katrina-Carlotta was nervous. Honest to Merlin, nervous. She'd watched from the sidelines as the events had unfolded. They'd brought in Khaat, and were obviously using her as bait. The group wouldn't actually be willing to give the woman over to the werewolf. The dark witch knew that all hell would break loose that moment that James Blood figured that out. It would be far from pretty.

The assassin was ridiculously temped to just kill the Alpha right then and there, but she knew that such a move would be a stupid one. The moment their Alpha was dead, the rest of the Pack would have no leadership, and just attack everything and anything in sight. It had the potential to be even more destructive than anything James could ever plan.

Katrina-Carlotta understood that they were trying to lure the wolves off the school grounds, but the situation was peculiar for her. She didn't know what to do; what would be helpful. The woman wasn't used to working in a group, and certainly not with a group of predominantly light wizards.

The European wished that she could consult with Marcus Belby, but the man was busy keeping Khaat upright. Inching slowly towards the injured Lupin, the Death Eater inwardly pooled all of her knowledge and experience related to fighting werewolves to the forefront of her mind. Wand in one hand and dagger in the other, there was little she could do but wait.
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 991
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency, Memory Manipulation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:58 pm

(ooc.: Thaor's computer is on the fritz. he's given me permission to godmod his characters for the moment.)

Marcus watched the spectre of the former Thaor Elldir fly to Professor Cooper and was obviously relaying to the professor that she would be needed to seal the grounds and work on repairing the gate as soon as the werewolf pack was off the grounds.

He didn't miss, either, that Du Hunt was moving closer to him.

"He knows exactly what we're doing," Marcus said to Du Hunt. "But he wants her and her necklace far too badly to not take the chance in getting them. He will try to kill her. If you need to, Du Hunt, you might well try to take a strike at his female. She's the ginger over there." He nodded slightly in Moira's direction. "Blood will care, to an extent, about her."

"Oi! Slick!" James shouted at Belby. "Who wears an Italian suit to a village massacre anyway? Obviously the Ministry is paying you more than those other pitiful aurors if you can afford that."

Marcus rolled his eyes. Distraction techniques now from James, designed to divide his attention away from Khaat and designed to divide the light magic fighters over petty differences. That sort of crap just wasn't going to work for a squad of people who were already sworn to be ready to give their lives for someone else. They weren't going to be distracted by nonsense about money.

"Pitiful, James," Belby returned. "If that's all you've got, then you really just need to shut it." He heard thicker gravel crunching under his shoes now. They were off the grounds and they were passing back out of the damaged school gates. It was about to begin. He felt Khaat's grip on his wrist tighten. She was more frightened now, and she had a right to be.

"Give her to me!" James bellowed fiercely.

"No," Marcus said. "The deal was that your pack had to be off the school grounds. When I know they're gone entirely, then, fine."

He watched James howl, apparently a command to his pack to leave the school grounds. He did not expect them to leave Hogwarts altogether. It was merely going to move the fight to the streets.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Cupid stared down at the broomstick, he had to do this, he had to escape with his life. This broomstick was one obstacle to the rest of his life. Sure he had wanted to do something daring, adventurous, brave and noble for fame but there would be more opportunities. Opportunities that would come when he was more experienced and knew he'd survive.

'Okay.' Cupid said, slowly mounting the broomstick and allowing Katie to guide him off the grounds where they would get to St Mungo's.

(OOC: forgot to reply as Cupid ages agoshe he is off the site now)
----

A few Professors were leading the march along the marshy path to Hogsmede station when Amelia's colleuge Thaorson came pelting her way on a broomstick. In the distance the charms mistress could see Khaat Lupin reaching the gates and leaving the grounds. 'Stop, STOP!' She called over the chattering students who were in a fifty fifty split on whether the action was scary or fun. 'Back to the boats, we're going back to Hogwarts, but stay on the lake until you hear my call.' She announced, turning around on her broomstick and beginning to soar across the rippling lake under the moonlight.

Where on earth was Theodore Rookwood? Surely the Headmaster should be helping with such defences? In fact, Amelia hadn't seen him the entire evening, was he even at the school? It wouldn't surprise her if he wasn't, not now he had a lovely manner provided by the Ministry in exchange for his compliance to marry her daughter Hallie. Surely he would have got wind of such penetration to the castle. Yet, here Amelia was, defending the fort.

She'd passed over the gravel beach and was sweeping across the lawn. She wasn't the best flier but she could fly to a decent standard, but now was the difficult bit even for someone as advanced in charms as her. The werewolves would all soon be off the grounds and Amelia was repair the gate and reconstruct the enchantments. They wouldnt be as strong as the Headmasters, not that she wouldn't be able to perform them but Hogwarts was like that, it was magically bound to the Headteacher and granted him only the power to cast certain magic.

Amelia came to a stop twenty feet from the gate behind the pack that were following their leader out onto the grounds. As soon as the last werewolf was out she'd start to repair the gate, cast the protective spells, tell the stifles they could renter the castle then she'd take a visit to Hallie in St Mungo's before concluding her evening by having a word with that son-in-law of hers.

Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Number of posts : 181
Special Abilities : Apparation | Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:22 am

Robert knew the professor would need help in securing the gate.  Thaor had damaged the gates heavily.  He looked at Michael, silently entrusting his daughter to them.  He had hand trained them to keep his family safe. Now he had to trust they were up to the task. His first obligation was to the lives at Hogwarts.  Still a lookalike of Michael Tremaine, he went to the professor, drew his wand, and started to silently cast the spell to reconstruct the gates.  

The werewolves left the grounds at their leaders' command.  James motioned them to take out the light fighters that were defending Khaat Lupin.  Two of his younger fighters made a lunge for her, and a blonde female blocked Du Hunt from interfering.  Marcus didn't hesitate to kill one of the younger males.  James knocked the other male to the ground.  

"She's mine," James snarled at the surviving younger werewolf.  Marcus glanced at his allies. Edward nodded. The others were firmly planted, wands drawn.  

"On second thought," Marcus said to James, "I've changed my mind.  She's not yours.  She's mine.  The deal's off."

James raged.  "Filthy human!  Kill everyone!  Make sure you don't leave anyone in the village alive." Khaat saw the werewolf pack intending to break up to spread through Hogsmeade to either kill or turn as many as they could.

"No," Khaat knew that one werewolf was a massive threat to a village, but a pack? These unsuspecting villagers weren't ready for that. She was feeling panic for them, watching the pack heading to raid the village streets and homes. "No, no, no, let me go..."

"Stop," Marcus said into her ear, his voice in a whisper. "You were never intended to be a sacrifice tonight. Only bait. Even if I gave you to him, it would not deter him. How about you wait to fall on your sword for a decent reason, would you?"

Brian and Angus apparated out and reappeared at the other end of Hogwart's main street. Kate and Michael took a stance in front of the gate of the school to block them from going back in. Edward looked at Du Hunt.

"Now would be an excellent time to kill as many of them as you can, my dear," he said calmly. With a strong, experienced stride, he headed straight for James. He needed to wound him, to cause him to withdraw and take the pack with him. He had seen the glimmer of fear in James' face when he had seen Edward arrive.

"Who are you, Old Man," James sneered, "to come after me?"

"I am Edward Donohue," Edward said confidently. "I am the werewolf slayer you have nightmares about."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Amelia watched as the last werewolf ventured out through the gates and into the village. Dismounting Amelia threw the firebolt aside, and pointed her wand at the gates. This was in dire need of reconstruction before she could begin. The explosive charm that Thaorson must have used had to have been deadly, canon-like. The gates had bent open and a chunk of metal was lying on the grass in two halves where the hole had formed.

Moving her wand from the metal chunks to the gate she cast a locomotor charm, allowing them to hover in their respected position whilst she closed the gates with colloportus, forming the jigsaw. Then, in an anti-clockwise motion she began to mutter the repairing incantation. It was beyond the levels of repairo, it needed more. Repair was basic, and could work on quiet advanced breakages but the magic within the gates was too more for repairo. Clunk. The gates had been fixed.

Now she had to reinstate the castles defenses raising her wand and pointing to the gate she spoke the following charms. 'Protego totalum, salvio hexia, Repello Inimicum, Fianto Duri.' Blue light travelled from the tip of the wand, hit the gate and redirected up from the tips of the wrought iron gates. It traveled the extent of the castle grounds, encircling it whilst branching out to meet at the top. The protective dome was standing around Hogwarts once more before it faded out of sight, still there ready to protect the castle and it's students.

Then, she pointed her wand to her lips: 'Snorus. It is safe to return to the castle, all students please return to your common rooms whilst the Gryffindor's venture to The Great Hall.' She cried in a magnified voice before picking up the firebolt and walking back towards the castle. The extent of the damage in Gryffindor Tower from the fiendfyre had not yet been determined, in addition Hallie had fell from the tower - had she fallen during the fiery fight? One of the Professors would need to check, but for now it'd probably be best to let the Gyffindor's sleep in the Great Hall.

Arriving at the castle doors she pushed them open, light flooding from the entrance hall onto the lawn in front. She was anxious to head to St Mungos, but first Amelia needed to make sure all the students, who had just reached the banks of Hogwarts, were back in the castle.

(OOC: Hit, I didn't know if your werewolf student had left or not, but seeing as he is a student it seemed reasonable to not realise. Plus, if you want him to ambush Romeo on Romeo's way to the dungeons feel free.)
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:19 am

Robert had stayed to assist in repairing the gate to secure the grounds, but, just like a bloody Rookwood, the blessed headmaster hadn't bothered to show up.  He was more than a bit frustrated.  There was very little excuse for the headmaster to not show up, not so far as Robert was concerned. His magic would have allowed him to be alerted of the mayhem.  Robert made a mental note to find out if Rookwood had either been dead or dying when the lives of the entire student body had been at risk.  There was little more excuse that Robert considered valid.  

And right now, Cooper needed help yet.  The headmaster's title gave him certain magical "perks" including certain advanced spells for the wellbeing of the castle and those within it. They required magic that not every wizard could do.  

Robert did, however, know the spells and he knew how to use them. There were few other wizards here tonight that could help Professor Cooper. The Minister of Magic, however, could, and until Gryffindor tower was mended, the castle wasn't as secure as it needed to be. His job was not done. . He whistled to the professor. He didn't want her to see him as a threat, but he didn't dare reveal himself either.  He still had to be Michael Tremaine, and he wanted it clear to her that he was here to help.  He motioned to her that he was going around the corner, towards Gryffindor tower.

He walked around the corner, out of sight of his daughter and those with her, unable to stop being anxious about her safety, and unable to help her.  He felt frustrated, but he had to clear his mind if his spell were to be effective.

The spell was difficult to cast without words, and he could not speak. The curse Thaor had cast upon him had done that. It would take strong concentration and large amounts of his own energy to cast the spell.  But it needed to be done. He could start the spell, but the spell would need some time to finish the repairs, even if properly cast.  Not every spell was instantaneous.

He aimed his wand at the tower and cast the spell, firing his wand. He wasn't sure at all that it was going to work, and he immediately thought that the curse was keeping him from using his magic the way he wanted to.  

But then Khaat came into his mind. She had been willing to risk her life to be here tonight. Could he do less than his best? If for no other reason, she deserved his best.

The energies in his wand now seemed to focus, and he felt the spell take hold.  He knew his magic was making contact with Gryffindor tower.  He didn't know if it was enough of a spell to completely undo the damage of the fire, but it would, perhaps, get a start on it until Rookwood felt like gracing the school with his presence again to finish it himself.

If he were lucky, then perhaps Professor Cooper would not necessarily put two and two together and figure out that one of the Michael's was in command of that sort of power.  That was a stupid thought, though, and he knew it.  He was praying that she were enough of a witch of light magic to keep his secret if she did figure it out.  There was entirely too much at stake if she revealed him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top