Always Clean Up Your Own Mess - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Always Clean Up Your Own Mess - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Always Clean Up Your Own Mess

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Always Clean Up Your Own Mess - Page 6 Empty Re: Always Clean Up Your Own Mess

Post by James Blood Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:57 pm

"Its a good thought," James said to Moira. "Its a good test for him. Let him go. As innocent as he looks, he might well be able to tell them he knows a place for them to hide, lure them into a false sense of security and then strike.

"And don't forget about your own charms," he smiled at her, stroking her cheek. Her beauty had misled many into thinking they were safe with her. "The humans will be frightened. They'll be looking for a rescuer. Perhaps they should believe that's you. You know, all you would need to do is to change that lovely dress to white. Add just a very, very slight shimmer. They'll think its a reflection of your powerful 'white magic.'" He laughed. "They'll believe they're following you away from the evil werewolves. Let's let them see you as a saint--for the moment. You know what to do after that."
James Blood
James Blood

Number of posts : 62
Special Abilities : Unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:11 am

Amelia didn't speak. She didn't want to distract Sophia from healing Hallie, the amount of times Hallie had needed mending was getting ridiculous, she used to joke that she'd built her from scratch when she was little and caught a graze from her and Toby's explorations.

'Hallie.' Amelia softly said as she knelt down besides Sophia, too overwhelmed for words to say how happy she was her daughter was beginning to come round.

--

Hallie stirred. 'I fell.' she spoke, attempting to raise her arm to her head in confusion of what was happening. 'I fell-' she repeated. 'I fell from the top of the tower.' Craning her neck Hallie gazed up at the smoking tower. 'I fe- Ahh!' Hallie gasped in pain as she was beginning to regain all her senses, 'Ahh!' Clutching her abdomen from where she fell.

'Hallie!' Amelia gasped, holding Hallie in fright. Hallie had fallen seven floors and survived with, what had initially appeared to be a broken leg. No doubt crashing into window ledges and parts of the castle had helped saved her life, but she'd still fell seven floors. Hallie had still had her organs tossed around inside from the fall. She'd still had a sheer impact whether someone was there to break her fall or not.

With one last groan Hallie fainted once again from the pain.

(ooc: I would have let her be okay but I was hoping she could go to the hospital wing or st mungos so that Theodore can come and visit her and have a thread there if that's okay?)
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James Blood Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 am

(ooc: yep. its fine. send her to st. mungos since the school is still damaged.)
James Blood
James Blood

Number of posts : 62
Special Abilities : Unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosanna Parker Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:34 am

The boats continued to sail across the lake and still everyone remained silent for some time before whispering emerged. Someone was mentioning a 'Hallie.' Cupid was sure that he'd heard the name mentioned before sometime last year in which she was involved in some sort of drama that went down in Hogsmede. The Slytherin had felt somewhat envious the first time he'd heard the story. Why hadn't it been him who was in the battle at the shrieking shack? Sure someone had almost died, people got injured or whatever but it was exciting. That was the kind of drama that would sell stories, have his name on the front page of the Daily Prophet. It all came down to one thing: Fame.

In spite of what he'd just witnessed, a girl falling from Gryffindor Tower, he still wanted the fame. Cupid wanted to be a household name, known for going on daring adventures, fighting evil, surviving a dragon fight. There were times when he questioned his ability, whether he was capable. Most likely no. He was a skilled dueler, but he didn't have the inner personality to be bold. Cupid was bold, but he didn't have the recklessness to go with it. Given the choice he'd choose to save his own life, not want to risk it. Yet, wizards who battled werewolves, fiendfyre, saved lives, were essentially superheroes, they were the wizards that had their name on the front page of the Prophet.

In all honesty Cupid would be content with the level of fame singers such as the late Celestina Warbeck had. In fact, it was more for him. He wrote lyrics, wrote the piano music, sung them too. It was no question. He'd love to become a singer/songwriter. He'd love to hear his song played on the wizard wireless network, but lack of confidence in his ability was anchoring that dream. Instead he was chasing a dream that would leave him remembered as the bold. The great.

He'd needed to turn back. He needed to become the doer rather than the watcher that he was. But there was the possibility that he would die and would Cupid truly be remembered for this? Most likely not, but it could be the start to his path for fame. It'd put him on the map, more stunts like this and he'd be recognized then: international fame. Cupid was ambitious and he needed to realise his ambitions. He needed to feel worthy, prove himself to be as bold and great as he really felt.

'I need to go back.' Cupid said to Zabini who he shared a boat with 'Wha-' Romeo replied, however before he could argue Cupid had spoken the word 'reverse' and their boat was zooming back towards the castle.

'No! Stop!' Romeo shouted, fear striking through his voice. 'We need to leave! Turn this god dam boat around!'

Cupid turned his head, locking eyes with his fellow fifth year Slytherin. 'You can dive overboard if you want.' But it was too late, their boat had reached the shore and Cupid withdrew his wand and clambered out whilst Romeo began to head back to join the other boats, leaving him in a boat alone surrounded by water.

'Lumos.' Cupid muttered, lighting his wand and heading in the direction of where Hallie had fell.

(OOC: Feel free to kill Romeo, I've dropped him but thought it may be nice for a werewolf to kill him as an example, or maybe he drowns?)
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Number of posts : 181
Special Abilities : Apparation | Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:50 am

Thaor paused for a moment before responding to Kate, he had to be careful which words he used. Robert is alive, I know you have no reason to believe me, but Michael knows the truth about everything that happened, in Diagon Alley, here tonight, and everything inbetween. Thaor said, glancing outside and seeing that the Fiendfyre had been extinguished.

Robert should slowly begin to heal, it may take some time to fully recover, but he will heal. I am truly sorry Kate, for everything. Thaor said, he felt as though he was crying, thinking about everything that he had caused.

I don't want to be here Kate, I don't want to be in this world, facing what has happened because of me. Seeing the damage that I caused. But I don't know how to leave, I'm stuck here, stuck facing everything that has happened. Thaor said looking into her eyes once more.

It's ironic that the first time in his existence, that he felt remorse, and was truly sorry, came after his death.

~~~~~

I'll do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of this. He said, before realizing Hogsmeade was still on fire, and the fiendfyre there was growing stronger by the minute.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think if we don't get to Hogsmeade and put the fire out, the town will be a complete loss. Thaor Jr said with concern.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:01 am

Katie wanted to stay behind and helped but Prfoessor Cooper told her she had to go with the other students and be safe.  After almost escaping a couple of times, Sam caught her and put her back into the boat and set it off as she tried getting out of it.  Curisng at Sam from across the lake she sighed as the boat took off.  Katie wasn't going to stay in a boat when she could help.

Katie was in the middle of the lake when she saw Cupid's boat heading back to shore.  "NO! CUPID!"Katie screamed.  "Revers NOW!" Katie said as the boat as the boat headed back to the shore. Not realizing that she made the boat speed up faster Katie's eyes widned as he sped quickly across the lake.  Trying to get her wand out to slow it down Kaite realize it was to late.
 As it crashed upon a rock Katie soared through the air and landed motionless a few feet from where Cupid and the others was.  

Seeing Katie fly threw the air Sophia screamed. "KATIE! someone go and get her please!"sophia cried.  Sophia would get her but he was helping Hallie who was badly hurt and knew had to get to St. Mungo's.  There seemed that alot of people were hurt, she wondered if Brian or any of the others healers were here.  It didn't matter though, all that mattered that she was here to help fight and heal people that needed it. It was Sophia's job and she had to do it no matter what the cost was at times.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:06 am

Moira smiled and looked at her clothing. "Its a fun thought. Maybe that's what I'll do." She smirked and waved her wand over herself. Her dress changed into a snow white color and it had a few sparkles in some places to make it seem like it glowed.

"I'll have to lead them somewhere "safe". Maybe like a clearing in the forest where no one will hear them?" She half asked. "Or I could lead them toward the edge of the village, where the shack still somewhat stands." She added.

Dylan followed the two older wolves who were in front of him. "I can lead them to you. They'd be afraid if they saw both of you coming toward them." He said, finally beginning to speak up. "If they see me, they'll think I'm another lost student who doesn't know what to do." He added. The male didn't seem all that happy to follow his orders.

"Just trust me. I know what I'm doing." He glared at the male then walked in front of them. He saw two Slytherins, one seemed to be acting cowardly and didn't want to leave the boat. Dylan walked toward the one who stayed at the boat. "Hey isn't it dangerous to be here by yourself?" He asked innocently. "Those werewolves could get you. C'mon I know I place where we can hide." He said softly.
Malmuira
Malmuira "Moira" Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 388

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:25 am

Cupid had almost reached the scene and paused. There was nothing exciting. No duel, no criminal, no dark creature. All Cupid could see was a conked out blonde girl who had a bandage and splint around her leg whilst a group of people stood around her.

That was until the sound of someone crashing to the ground behind him made his ears prick, the scream of the witch who appeared to be helping the girl sent shivers down his spine. Katie. Turning around he saw his fellow fifth year was laying motionless on the ground.

Cupid didn't need Sophia yelling someone to head towards her he was already there, by her side. 'Katie. Katie!' He exclaimed, shaking her in an attempt to wake her. The Slytherin hadn't had any first aide training and didn't know what to do in the slightest, if only his sister was here she may know what to do - then again she only wanted to be a healer she hadn't made it to one yet.

Amelia let go of Hallie's hand and hurried to where Katie had landed. 'Katie. Katie?'

'She's not responding.' Cupid told his Professor before craning his neck and looking around to see what could have caused her fall. There was no rubble or uplifted roots, nor was there any beast or being that could have caused her to crash land upon the ground. 'What happened?' He asked, continuing to look around whilst Professor Cooper felt for a pulse.

'She's alive.' Amelia called out, laying her Ravenclaw student into the recovery position. 'She seems to be okay, just unconscious, do yo want to check her over?' She asked Sophia, hoping that she would. If Sophia came to Katie then it mean't Hallie was better, not in need of medical attention.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:29 am

Kate listened to him, sharply skeptical of what he had to say.  She did feel deep relief when Thaor said Robert was still alive.  She had to replay his words a bit.  Robert was going to be alright in time?  

His regret made him sound like the old Thaor, the one they had known for decades and had trusted with their lives.  It was not the Thaor they had seen in the last couple of years.

"You knew the countercurse?" she frowned. She didn't know why he'd cast the spell in the first place, let alone what made him provide the countercurse. She frowned. "What happened to you? Why all the killing? What did any of those people do to you? Look, you know we never cared that you chose the dark arts because you at least knew where to draw the line with it. You did have some sort of scruples.  And then it just all went to hell.

"If you're honestly stuck now, its because you're doing it to yourself," Kate said. "If you don't see the doorway to cross over, its because you're somehow choosing to be here because you feel like there's something you need to do first.

"Staying on this side of the veil or not is always, always a choice, Thaor. If you think there's something you need to finish up, then figure out what it is.  But I can't see how staying here in Hogwarts will help you make anything right.

"I doubt there is more than, perhaps, one student here now that you know. I'm betting you know Andrew Diamond because of his connection to Robert and me. But I doubt you know any of the others here.  I can think of a lot of places that perhaps you could go, where you could perhaps try to tie up some loose ends.  But, here? Really? Seems to me that you're just going to prolong how long you stay stuck."

Michael and Robert listened to Thaor Jr's concerns but Robert, who was already edgy, perked up when he heard a noise in the woods.  He turned sharply and saw figures running in the moonlight towards the lake.  But what he saw made his blood run cold.  The figures were not the silhouettes of humans. He knew those forms in his sleep after seeing it in his own family since childhood.  Werewolves. One of them was huge--tall and overly muscular. And they were headed straight for the students in the boats on the lake.

He was alarmed. He hit both Michael and Thaor Jr on their shoulders and pointed at the horrid sight. Things had just gone from bad to worse.  The werewolves were clearly hunting and heading straight to attack the children.

"Oh my God," Michael paled. "Its James.  He's going to kill the students. Dear God."  Michael raised his wand and fired his patronus. The mongoose dashed across the night sky.  This was going to need experienced help and lots of it.
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:52 am

Sophia nodded. "Of course Amelia."said Sophia softly as she went towards Katie and flicked her wand at her as she woke up. "Katie are you ok?"Sophia asked her softly peering at her. "Yeah... I think so."said Katie softly as she winced in pain as she lifted her shirt up as a bruise appeared on her side. "Ow.." Katie whimpered in pain. "Katie... this might hurt a bit, you might want to hold onto someone's hand."said Sophia softly as Katie nodded.

"Katie how did you crash?"Sophia asked her softly. "I crashed into a rock over there!"said Katie pointing at the rock a few feet away from them. Sophia looked at the rock and nodded understanding how she crashed now. "I lost control of the boat, I made it go to fast but I was worried about Cupid."said Katie softly. Sophia nodded understanding how she felt, she would do the same thing if it was Andrian or her friends. "Ok... Katie are you ready?"Sophia asked her softly as she nodded.

"Ok... grab someone hand, I'm going to put a spell on you to not make it hurt as much but your going to feel some tugging ok?"Sophia asked her as Katie nodded. "What happened to me Soph?"Katie asked her softly. "You broken a couple of ribs due to falling, but it's nothing I can't fix."said Sophia. Katie looked at her worried before she looked at Cupid with worry in her eyes. "If you have to look at your friend Cupid Katie, it'll be alright I promise."said Sophia softly.

Looking at Amelia Sophia smiled weakly at her. "Hallie will be ok, she's just needs to get to St. Mungo's to heal."said Sophia honestly. "As well as Katie here as well.'said Sophia. "Soph... it hurts."said Katie softly. "I know Katie just hang in there sweetie."said Sophia softly. As she did the spell Katie winced as she felt a tugging on her side and grabbed Cupid's hand who was the nearest to hers.

Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top