Always Clean Up Your Own Mess - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Always Clean Up Your Own Mess - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Always Clean Up Your Own Mess

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Always Clean Up Your Own Mess - Page 7 Empty Re: Always Clean Up Your Own Mess

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:28 am

If what you say is true, that I have a choice, then there truly must be something I have to do before I allow myself to leave this world. He said, looking away from Kate.

Michael has the memory thread, I gave it to him just before I cast the countercurse. When I was the Deputy Minister, I received a memo in my office requesting that I come to the Department of Mysteries. That is the last thing I remember before tonight. All the other memories I have seem as though they are not my own. Thaor said, pausing to be sure she understood.

That night in Diagon Alley, I was not myself, I was mad, cursed, I, or what ever I had become attempted to kill Robert with the killing curse, however I was so mad the words came out jumbled and the curse went wonky. Giving Robert the effects he has been suffering. Thaor said, letting what he had just said sink in.

Tonight, I don't know what happened, but my mind became clear, and I knew what I had to do. After we graduated, I traveled the world, and saw many things. While I was in Australia, I saw a curse like this before. As I'm sure you are well aware, all Dark Magic comes with a price. To save one life, another must be taken. That is what happened here tonight. I gave my life so that Robert may keep his and return to normal. Thaor said, looking back into her eyes.

Promise me you will make sure he gets well, promise me that he will be able to fix all of this. But take heed, whoever cursed me that night in the Department of Mysteries is more dangerous than even I was, dark times lay ahead Kate, very dark times. He pleaded with her.

So long as I have a choice, I will remain in this world to aid Robert and the cause as much as I can.

~~~~

[b]Son of a bit**!
Thaor Jr Exclaimed as he saw what was happening in the forest. No more innocent lives shall be lost tonight. he said as he drew his wand and rushed towards the students, to try and protect them.

Expecto Patronum He said, sending his patronus to the teachers that remained with the students. Werewolves are closing in on you, protect the students at all cost. he said, hoping to warn the Professors of the impending threat.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:38 am

Cupid's ears suddenly reddened and he felt his face warm as Katie exclaimed that she had come after to Cupid in fright he might get hurt or doing something stupid. Not wanting to sound ungrateful Cupid piped up, 'Would you like me to go with Katie, we can go to Hogsmede and floo to the Hospital.' It was caring, but what Cupid didn't realise was that Hogsmede was burning down to the ground and using the floo network with the injured wasn't the safest mode of transport.

'I think we'll have to apparate, Cupid.' Amelia sighed as she walked over to check on Hallie, who was still unconscious. 'You shouldn't have come back, either of you.' Amelia stated, although now didn't feel the time to shout at them after all they had only wanted to help - or at least she thought so.

The sound of heavy footsteps and cries in the distance distracted Amelia from craddling her daughter. Large, furry figures and a distant howl sent fear through Amelia. Werewolves. Thankfully the werewolves weren't heading towards them although they were heading towards the boats. Could werewolves swim? Amelia didn't know, and she didn't want to find out.

'Accio firebolts.' With a wave of her wand within twenty seconds five firebolts had arrived by the group. 'You three, help Hallie onto a broom, get on one yourselves, fly to the gates and ask the barmaid of the Three Broomsticks to apparate you to St Mungos.' Amelia instructed the students, not taking her eyes from the figures that were now prowling by the lake.

Amelia gave one last Motherly look at her daughter. 'I'll see you later.' She said, not caring whether Hallie could hear her or not. And with that Amelia mounted the fifth school firebolt and pushed off from the ground hard, soaring over towards the lake.

Amelia was a highly skilled witch, it may not come through her charms teaching but she was talented and now was her time to shine.

Cupid watched as Amelia flew off into the distance, then he glanced down at the broomstick. He wasn't a flier, he never had been a flier. Not only did he have a slight fear of heights he had never managed to do more than hover lightly above the ground. 'I'm staying.' He said, turning to Katie. 'You go, I can't, I have to help.'

It wasn't that Cupid wanted to help, he didn't want to look like a foolish fifteen year old who couldn't ride a broom. Besides, he could always retreat back to the castle and hide in the common room. It was password protected, the werewolves wouldn't be able to get in and the fiendfyre was in Gryffindor Tower - literally the other end of the school.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:54 am

"Kate!" Brian shouted, running into the castle. He had seen the two patronuses. He had spun around on the stairs and saw the all too familiar forms of the werewolves against the reflection of the moon on the lake. "Kate!"

"Here!" Kate called. Brian ran into the entry way and saw her there--with the ghost of Thaor. He was stunned for a moment and confused.

"Kate, you gotta go," he said urgently. "You gotta go now! Go home."

"What is it?" she frowned. "Spit it out, Son."

"James," he said urgently. "James has gotten onto the grounds. He's got his pack, and he's going to kill. He's heading for the students. You have to get out. Go home."

"Oh, the hell I will," she frowned. She whirled back on Thaor's ghost. "If you want to start redeeming yourself, you'd better get started right now." She turned and dashed outside, determined to try to help some of the students from being killed. Brian followed her, close behind her.

Marcus and Edward saw the patronuses fired from the site of the tomb. They had come so close to one another that they both knew something was very seriously wrong. Marcus knew Robert's patronus, and neither of these were it. His first thought was that Robert had been wounded or killed.

"Michael," Marcus said, recognizing the mongoose. "Is the other one Thaor?"

"No," Edward said. "I know his. I don't know who has that one. We gotta go."

Marcus looked at Du Hunt. He didn't know what he was walking into or if he'd be coming back out. He was hoping she'd come along because this sounded dire and sounded like an urgent summons for lots of back up. Instead, though, he said to her, "If Elldir is still alive, make sure he isn't before you leave here," he said, knowing she was very capable of making her own choice to either come or to fire a kill shot to take down even a powerful man like Thaor Elldir.

He ran towards the white tomb and the patronuses.

Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:59 am

Katie looked at him and nodded before she hugged him. "Promise me you'll be careful Cupid ok?"Katie asked him softly as Sophia lifted onto her broomstick. Katie could fly but she wasn't that good at flying. Katie wanted to help, but she knew that she couldn't when she was hurt with a broken rib. Cursing to herself Katie held onto Sophia who looked at Sam. "Sam can you fly with you holding Hallie?"Sophia asked knowing it was a dumb question. Sam was a VERY good flier, he made Sophia look like a joke.

Sophia knew she said to get to St.Mungo's quickly and get Katie and Hallie healed and get back here quickly. It was obvious that they needed help with werewolves running around like they owned the place. Sophia wasn't going to miss the chance to duel some stupid evil mutts. Of course Sophia had werewolf friends, but evil blood sucking werewolves were just mutts in her eyes.

"Cupid, get out here now!" Sophia told him after knowing his name after Katie said it multiple times. "Go to Hogsmeade and stay there, fire should be out by now."said Sophia softly. "Don't let James and his pack get to you!"said Sophia. "Be careful Cupid, your the only friend I have!"said Katie softly but weakly.

Waving her wand Sophia surrounded spells around them to protect them from anything trying to hurt them. Sophia wasn't only a skilled healer, she was a skilled potionmaker and duelist thanks to Brian and Robert training her. They taught her to face fear in the eyes and don't be afraid. Plus Sophia see so many battles and been through so many battles she was use to it.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Amelia had the lake in sight, the boats were midway across apart from a lone one that was travelling some distance behind. Squinting her eyes she noticed that it contained Romeo Zabini, no doubt he had shared a boat with Cupid and decided to go back. A wise decision had it not been that werewolves could be waiting the other side of the lake. 

Just as Cupid was about to say he'd be careful to Katie he was interrupted by the healer, telling him to go to Hogsmede. Naturally she would do that, that's what all adults did. In spite that of that there was some pride in the fact she knew his name. Even if she'd overheard someone saying it she'd remembered. The name Cupid had stuck in her mine. Perhaps his mother giving him an unusual name had it's perks after all?

'I..' Cupid paused. Katie had just said he was her only friend. For once he felt important, like his being mattered. Sure he felt loved by his family, but they had each other and friends of their own, they'd get over him (or at least he thought). Now here was Katie saying she needed him to survive and stay safe. 'I'll come.' Cupid confirmed and he gazed down at the firebolt on the ground below before looking up at Katie.

'I can't fly this.' He mumbled, staring up sadly into her eyes. It felt like all his dreams were slowly seeping away. He wasn't going to be in the heart of the action and now his inability to fly successfully was going to drag him down. All the heroes could fly. All apart from Cupid. Maybe he wasn't going to be the hero he thought he was? 
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:58 pm

"It's ok Cupid, I didn't know how to fly before I was taught by my brother and the guys."said Katie softly. "I used to be scared of flying and heights due to me breaking my arm at a young age."said Katie softly. "Soph am I well enough to fly with Cupid and teach him some?"Katie asked. "If you feel up to it Katie then yes you can."said Sophia honestly. "Ok..."said Katie getting off her broom and walking over towards Cupid.

It was clear that she was hurting, but she wasn't going to leave Cupid alone. "Ok... Cupid I'm going to teach you how to fly this."said Katie softly. "Just get in front of me."said Katie softly. "Don't worry were not going to crash just trust me."said Katie softly. "Ok... mount the broom and kick off from the ground hard and keep the broom steady!"Katie said. "Me and the others will by flying next to you guys if anything goes wrong."said Sophia softly.

"Don't worry Soph I got this, my hand is also going to be on the broom as well."said Katie honestly. It was how Kenneth taught her until she was ready to ride on her own. Katie remembered he was always behind her holding the broom making sure she didn't crash. Now Katie was going to be a good friend and teach Cupid how to fly.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:21 am

Marcus arrived at the tomb site and saw, first, a corpse on the ground. He couldn't see who it was. Then the two figures turned towards him and he saw it was Michael and Michael.  Thank God.  Robert was still alive.  He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Look," Michael said, pointing towards the lake.  Marcus looked and saw James' distinctive figure in the moonlight and several others--all heading for the boats.  

"Oh, God.  What's the plan?" Marcus asked, as Kate, Edward, and Brian arrived.  He saw Robert signing to Michael.  Michael frowned.

"Are you sure?" He asked Robert. Robert nodded, pointing to Belby.  Michael turned to him. "You're to go home and get Khaat.  Bring her here immediately."

"You have got to be out of your mind," Brian was angry.  "How can you even consider that?" he glared at Robert.  Marcus understood. Robert was going to use her as bait.

"There's enough of us to protect her," Edward said.  "Hopefully, anyway."

"I'm not going to let you do this!" Brian protested.  Robert pointed again, firmly, at Belby.  Marcus had his orders.  He looked at Brian.

"On my life, Mate," he said to Brian.  "I swear.  I won't leave her."

"You'd better know what the hell you're doing," Brian hissed angrily at Robert.  Marcus looked at the others.

"This is Ms. Du Hunt," Marcus said. He looked at Robert. "She's allied with us tonight." He did not want anyone arresting Du Hunt tonight. If she were to be arrested, it would be another time. Not tonight. Both Michaels nodded. Marcus got the message. He turned and left the school grounds and went back to the estate to get Khaat, knowing this was not without high risk.

Last edited by Marcus Belby on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:26 am

Katrina-Carlotta rolled her shoulders back with a smile when the fiendfyre disappeared. She hadn't needed to make a shot like that in over a year. Of course, she still practiced, but everything was always easier in a contained environment. Straightening her back, the witch allowed herself a few seconds to bask in her own pride.

Upon hearing Belby's comment about getting on her bad side, the woman just laughed. The man was smart, Katrina-Carlotta doubted she'd ever have to remind him of that. He'd asked if she wanted to come with her, asking what the worst was that could happen. Many terrible scenarios immediately planted themselves within her mind, but the European ignored them. Nodding, she began to walk.

Then Marcus and Edward spotted the patronuses. If the dark witch hadn't already figured that meant something was wrong, the look on Belby's face certainly would have. The two men held a swift conversation. On the surface, the witch understood their words, but she was almost positive there had been an underlying meaning she hadn't caught. However, Katrina-Carlotta simply didn't have the time to pry.

Belby had carefully phrased his next words to her, giving the witch the option to go with him or to flee. He'd been so diplomatic with his phrasing that she almost hadn't noticed the real meaning behind the words.

"I think he's already dead," Katrina-Carlotta told Marcus bluntly, but the man was already running towards the tomb. The dark-haired female had placed a tracking charm on the insane Elldir whilst she'd been shooting curses at him. Katrina-Carlotta had figured it an intelligent precaution for incase he got away. However, the spell had broken. Of course, it was possible that Elldir had caught and removed the charm, but in his preoccupied state, the assassin doubted that was likely.

Pursing her lips, because since when had she been the good guy, Katrina-Carlotta ran after Marcus Belby. The dark witch had never been one to turn down target practice.
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 991
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency, Memory Manipulation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:08 am

"Any ally of Belby's is good with us," Michael said. He looked pointedly at Thaor Jr. "Thank you for being here. We appreciate it. Edward, as the werewolf slayer, I think we'll be deferring this to you now? Do you have a plan?"

Edward had made his fame and fortune slaying out of control werewolves. He spoke up, seeing clearly where Robert had intended this to go. He looked around, counting the Michaels and former Michaels. They were missing one. They had Brian, Michael, Robert, and Belby. They were missing Edward's grandson, Angus. He presumed Angus was trying to scout out the movements of the pack by slipping through the underbrush of the woods around the lake. Or at least he hoped so.

"James has apparently developed a case of bloodlust where Khaat is concerned," Edward said. "He has shown he has almost no ability to resist an opportunity to attack her. The pack will follow the direction of the alpha male, so the plan is to try to refocus James on something else other than the students, and we will be hoping the pack will follow his instructions."

"Not something else. Someone else," Brian scowled. "She can't even stand up on her own. You surely can't expect her to outrun him."

"Certainly not," Edward said. "But he's just as fascinated with that necklace she has. Hopefully we can lure them away from the students long enough to get them into hiding. We will need someone to get the kids out of the line of fire. If we can't get them back into the school, then get them back into the boats and away from shore until we get the pack off the grounds. If the professor is worth her rank, she'll be casting a spell to repair the gate so the grounds can be secured.

"I would prefer my wife not be werewolf chow," Brian said.

"He's not going to touch her," Michael said firmly. "Belby will need to keep her on her feet, and all the rest of us have to do is keep them away from her and the students and get them of school grounds."

"That's all, is it?" Kate sighed sarcastically.

"Don't hesitate to kill them," Edward said. "Let us remember, though, that we still have one of our own out there. I'd prefer you don't kill him."

"He'll be the one wearing the black leather duster and the leather outback hat," Michael told Du Hunt. He pointed towards the one very large werewolf in the distance, who had a deep bass voice to the howl that he was now sounding to rally his pack. "Meet James Blood," he told the ones who hadn't met him. "Be very, very careful. He just brushes 7 foot tall in human form, and transformed to his werewolf state, he's bigger yet. He's a bodybuilder and he's solid muscle. His philosophy is simple. He believes we humans are the subspecies and need to be eliminated because we're human. Its the only reason he's got, and he doesn't seem to need another. He has his own particular breed of viciousness."

A moment later, Marcus arrived back at the location. He carried a figure wrapped in a very full black cloak with its hood pulled up. Her face could not be seen. The only other thing that Michael could see were the heels on her black boots.

He brought her to them and set her on her feet, holding her up with one strong arm under her good shoulder.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Brian asked her.

"Alive or dead, I'm the best bait you've got," Khaat said in a quiet and calm voice, using her good hand to clutch tightly to Marcus to try to steady herself. She was calm on the outside, but coming face to face with the monster who had almost killed her was not something she was looking forward to.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:12 am

Thaor followed closely behind Kate as she made her way to Dumbledore's tomb. Werewolves? the thought angered him. Someone was capitolizing on the chaos he had caused.

They were going to use Khaat as bait, while he didn't like the idea, he knew there were enough people there to make sure she wouldn't be killed.

Once Khaat was there he knew what he had to do. I'll let them know she is here. He said, as he hurried off towards where the werewolves were. He figured it'd be easier this way, there would be time for questions about everything that had happened later, right now, they had to protect the students.

As Thaor approached the werewolves he spoke up, Khaat Lupin is at Dumbledore's tomb. he said, then turned and sped off back to the tomb.

~~~~~

Had he not spoken, Thaor Jr wouldn't have noticed his father's ghost, he was too preoccupied contemplating plans to make sure no more innocent blood was spilled tonight.

If this is how it's going down, I'll give my life to protect Khaat. They'll have to get through me to even think about looking at her. Thaor said, positioning himself between where Khaat stood, or rather, was propped up, and the werewolves.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top