News Flash - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

News Flash - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

News Flash

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

News Flash - Page 4 Empty Re: News Flash

Post by Caspian Ivanov Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:09 am

Atticus looked at Robert in disbelief. He was just going to let the man kill himself? How did that make sense? He obviously hadn't caught onto Robert's strategy yet. He couldn't believe that he was just going to let the man kill himself like that. Although, in hindsight, he should have realized what Robert was doing. If he allowed people to just kill themselves like that, there would be no point to even having a part of the hospital for this. Just let the people kill themselves elsewhere.

When Brian whispered to him, Atticus looked at him then at Robert. Something finally clicked and he realized what was going on. Well ... he'd just pretend he knew what going on the entire time. And then maybe next time something like this happened - because he was sure it would occur again - he would know what would be happening from the very beginning.

The boy looked at the man as he argued with Robert, telling him to do something because it was his job to do it. He grinned a bit at the scene and shook his head. "Good thing he isn't bright enough to figure out what's going on." he whispered back to Brian.

He sure did have quite a bit to learn about everything that went on in this place. Starting by how each of the staff members worked, like now he knew that if Robert acted like this again, it would most likely just be a trick to stop a situation from getting worse.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:31 am

The man began to bellow at Robert, now turning his anger away from Khaat and shouting at Robert about what a crazy old coot Robert was.

"Look who's on the inside and who's not," Robert laughed. "Look, if you fix that knot you can do the job right. We'll take you out of there once you're dead."

"No!...No! That's just...its..." he stammered. He let go of the beddiing and slid down the wall to the floor in a confused lump. He'd gone from a murderous rage to a confused blob of jello.

"Go," Robert looked at Brian quietly. Robert unlocked the door, and Brian went in and took everything out of the room as the man just sat on the floor, hiding his face in his hands. When the room was empty, Brian went out and locked it again.

"Crisis over," Brian announced to the staff. Robert turned and started to walk away when the man in the room raised his head.

"Hey!" he shouted at Robert.

"What?" Robert looked back at him.

"How do I get out of here?" he demanded. Brian smiled.

"Now we're getting somewhere,' Robert said to the man. "I'll let you know. Get some rest." He turned back and walked away. Brian was pleased. Nobody got hurt, nobody died, and there had been an attitude change.

"Some first day, huh?" Brian looked at Atticus and laughed gently.
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:00 am

Atticus shrugged and laughed softly. "It certainly wasn't what I was expecting, but at least I know there will probably never be a dull moment here." he said, smiling a bit. He preferred things like this to sitting around doing nothing. Atticus usually wasn't one to stay still for long and knowing that now, with all that goes on here, he wouldn't have too, well that just made him want to work at St. Mungo's even more. Although, you'd think that it wouldn't really be like this in a hospital.

Of course, this wasn't like a regular muggle hospital. And it was obvious that people who could use magic were more dangerous than normal humans. We ll, sometimes. Still, he didn't mind it much. All that happened around here would help with sharpening his skills anyways, so that would be really helpful. "And I can't say I didn't actually enjoy it a bit." he admitted.

[OOC: Muse fail Dx]
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:20 pm

"Good. That tells me you're exactly who we were looking for. Robert," Brian took a couple of quick steps towards where Robert was walking. Robert stopped and turned around.

"Yes?" he asked.

"You haven't met your new administrative assistant," Brian said. "Robert, this is Atticus Bletchley. Atticus, this is our Chief of Staff, Robert Lupin--when he isn't acting as Minister."

"Pleased to meet you, Atticus," Robert said, walking closer and extending his hand to him. "I think you'll find its always a bit odd around here, but it seems you're getting broken in quickly. Welcome aboard."

Khaat had been taken away from her usual morning routine for a call to the emergency rooms. One case had her looking for her father. She was glad to finally catch up with them all upstairs.

"Sorry to interrupt you," she said to them, "but I could use you in the emergency room, Father. There is a particularly difficult business down there. A first year got into his parents' potions cabinet and decided to try to mix his own bit up by tossing some together..."

"Oh no," Robert groaned. "They never learn, do they? What is it this time? Did he change colors or something?"

"Um..no," she said frowning. "He's come rather...well...disassembled...He's still living...he's just come apart."

"Bleeding?"

"No."

"Well, then let's go and reassemble him, shall we?"

Brian looked at Atticus. "You're welcome to go see it, but if you choose not to, I can see why," Brian laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22721
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Nice to meet you as well Mr. Lupin." he shook Robert's hand and smiled at him. "I'm sure that after today, not much of what will occur will not even phase me." he said. He was sure that whatever happened after today wouldn't even get a reaction out of him.

He looked at Khaat and Robert as they talked about what had happened with a first year getting into his parent's potions cabinet. He couldn't say he wasn't surprised with something like this now, after witnessing a suicidal werewolf, this seemed like almost nothing to him.

"It's alright." he said to Brian. "I'll go check it out." he added.

If he ever had to handle something like that, it was better to see what was supposed to be done to get him back to normal. Even though he knew that he wouldn't exactly be the one to do any of that. He'd have to get either Khaat or Robert to help him he supposed.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 am

Khaat was more than pleased at Atticus's courage. He hadn't shied away from anything.

"And why did it take me so long to get you as my assistant?" she smiled at him, more than pleased. "Let's go." Her father led the way down to the emergency room, and she followed, walking with the others. The nurses and other healers seemed to be a bit perplexed.

"Have none of you done a jigsaw puzzle?" Robert frowned. "If you're not helping, then you're a hindrance and not needed. Have any of you alerted the parents?" None of them had. "And you're waiting for what?" Robert asked. They began to scramble. Robert picked up the chart. "Oh, just bloody lovely," he said, reading.

"You've seen this before?" Khaat asked.

"Yes. One or twice. Its a bit like splinching, actually. But it says here they have al his bits and bobs, so that should be definitely easier. It goes like this--we put the pieces back where they are supposed to be and use the counterspell to the potion gone sideways. He should start to mend then. It might take a few days for him to totally reconnect himself, but once we've started the process, a few miles of gauze bandages and adhesive tape should hold him together until the spell undoes the potion."

She had a visual of perhaps getting toes or fingers backwards. "And if we get something in the wrong place?" she asked.

"We wont," he told her firmly. "That can be quite an unpleasant business. Let's go." He opened the treatment room door and walked in. The young man's torso was on the table, and there were several bedside carts wtih trays. And on the trays were body parts. No blood, but parts. They were clearly still alive because he was able to move his fingers voluntarily even though they weren't attached. Fingers, toes, arms, legs, head...none of it attached. No joint was left assembled as it should be, it seemed.

"Should I ask you how you did this?" Robert asked the head of the young man.

"How should I know! Fix me!" the young man was frantic.

"Testy," Robert said. "Understandable. We will see what we can do."

"Don't tell mum!" he begged. "She'll take away my wand for good!"

"That, my boy, does appear to be the least of your problems," Robert said. "Alright, everyone, let's see if we can pull him back together, shall we?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:21 am

From a very young age, Atticus had been taught to face anything that's came his way. Whether it was something he had to do or something he had the choice of being a part of. So basically to him, everything that had today in St. Mungo's he had to be a part of. To show that he could stand up to anything.

Some of these things though, were not what he'd ever expected to see. Still, none of it had exactly scared him. Confused him, yes, but that was to be expected of a young wizard who just graduated from the safety of Hogwarts. Even though in certain cases it wasn't the safest place.

Atticus smiled at Khaat as she spoke and gave a slight shrug. "Too young, I suppose." he chuckled softly and followed her, Robert and Brian to the emergency room. He looked at all the faces of those two were in there and blinked as he noticed how perplexed they seemed. This probably wasn't easy to fix, even for an experienced healer.

"What can I do to help?" he asked Khaat.

Being as inexperienced as he was at these kinds of things, he needed to know what he could do to help. Probably in something that didn't actually involve him putting the boy back together. He didn't want to mess anything up for them.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:19 am

"Well, if its like splinching, we put the bits back where they should go, and, then, in an ideal world, the enchantment to knit him back together again would work to make the pieces all stick together," she said. "If we assemble him, then hopefully, my father can cast the spell to keep him in one piece."

"Hopefully, yes," her father said, putting the young man's head back atop his shoulders.

"You can't leave me like this!" the young man wailed.

"We have no intention of it, but you might remember this lesson when you get into lessons on apparating."

"I'll never apparate! I swear it!' He said, a bit frantic now.

"Steady," Khaat told him. "Of course you'll apparate. Just do try not to do it sideways, and you should come out alright." She put his right upper arm back up to his shoulder and Brian laid the lower arm next to where Khaat had laid the upper arm and then picked up a hand.

"No, wait...that's the other one," Brian said. "That's a left. Oh, there. There's the right. Looks like we'll need fingers and toes."

"Do those last," Robert said. "You want to be particularly sure you have those in the right order."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:25 am

Atticus watched as they began to put the boy's body parts back into their proper places. The boy seemed really frantic about it and he started babbling something about never apparating. He couldn't say he didn't feel bad for the boy.

He seemed so frantic about what happened to him. And now he was never going to apparate? Of course he was, after he was put back together and everything was back to normal, he would go on and when it came time for him to take apparation lessons he would gladly do it.

The boy might even completely forget about this inccident. Well, maybe not completely forget, but it would probably travel way back into his subconscious and he wouldn't remember it unless he was really forced too. Which in his case right now, Atticus hoped he never would again.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:03 am

A moment later, a hysterical set of parents seemed to be right outside the door. Khaat and Robert looked up wide eyed. This was not anything any parent should have to see.

"Oh no!" the boy panicked. "My mum! She'll go crackers! You can't let her in here!"

"Atticus!" Robert said. "Quick! Tell the parents he splinched himself. Tell him I'll be out in a couple of moments. I don't want them in here until he's reassembled. Even if you have to seal the door. You know the spell, dont' you? Draw a counter clockwise circle around the door handle. The spell is 'Porto Sisto.' If you can do it nonverbally, it will help them from undoing it with a Finite. If not, then just stand in front of the door latch so she can't aim her wand at it while you're talking. You might have one of the nurses bring them a cup of chamomile tea for them to calm themselves with while they wait. If you need help with any of that, let us know."

And then he added an afterthought. "Distraught parents can sometimes give you a great deal of crap. But that doesn't mean you need to take it. You follow my instructions. Not theirs. Okay?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top