News Flash - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

News Flash - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

News Flash

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

News Flash - Page 3 Empty Re: News Flash

Post by Caspian Ivanov Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Atticus rubbed his eyes a bit and sighed after Brian said that the man wasn't there for medical help. He kept his hand on his face as he looked at the man. "I get the feeling he was here to get to either Khaat or her father." he said. "Of course I could be wrong. Which I hope I am." he added, looking down at the floor. It was a good thing that this floor was escape proof, it made everyone much safer knowing that someone who could be very dangerous was on that floor with their magic bound so they couldn't do anything.

"That's just sick. Turning a defenseless child into one of his kind. People like Fenrir Greyback shouldn't exist. Sadly, we can't do much about it though right?" he asked Brian. Fenrir sure had some twisted views and Atticus didn't like them one bit. There needed to be some diversity in the world or else the balance would be thrown off, or that was what he thought. "If she were infected, even if it never showed in her, wouldn't those genes be answered over to her children? Wouldn't they be infected as well?" he asked a bit confused.

"At least you'll know that she'll always be safe from werewolves." he commented softly. He laughed a bit at Brian's comment about the necklace. "Well that must give her some work in the mornings." he said jokingly, with a grin on his lips. He looked down for a moment, his expression turning serious. "Brian." he said, pondering for a while on what he should say. "Would it be too much trouble if I asked you to train me as an Auror? It's just that with what just happened, I would like to learn these things. And it would allow me to be able to protect Khaat as well, since I will be spending a lot of time near her, and I will be able to protect her if you are not there." he said softly.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:05 am

"I think it is more than likely that he was here to try to get to Khaat," Brian said. He motioned Atticus to follow him into the healers' lounge. He went over to the wall that held the refreshment bar. "You'll find this is a necessity," he laughed. "The pots are enchanted to stay hot. French roast--because Khaat can't live without it. Regular coffee, sodas, teas...oh, and the teas are almost always Earl Grey because its Robert's favorite and a flavored tea. Usually a different one each month. One of Robert's hobbies is making flavored teas. He's the one that keeps all those wonderful flavored teas supplied to Sparks. Let's see what's here today." He opened the pot and sniffed. He smiled. Robert's tenderness towards his daughter was unparalleled, at least in Brian's thinking. He could only hope he could measure up with his own children.

"Robert is spoiling her," Brian laughed. "This is her favorite of all the teas he makes. He calls it almond tea but it honestly tastes like Chinese almond cookies. Its a combination of almond, vanilla, and just a slight bit of cinnaon as a backnote." In the cabinets here,..." he opened the top cabinets, "you'll find all sorts of snacks. Cookies, granola, crackers, candy, nuts....The bottom cabinets hold refridgerated items. Fresh fruit, sandwich fixings, spreads for bagel and toast, cold beverages. And the cabinet on the bottom on the far left holds mugs, plates, silverware, napkins,...all the necessities. Sometimes we all need to get a way abit from the chaos downstairs. Help yourself. There is no cost to anything in here. The chef downstairs keeps it well stocked." He poured himself a cup of French Roast.

"You have keen instincts. That will help you a great deal," Brian continued. "Unfortunately Greyback is nearly impossible to catch. Always has been. They've been trying for decades. And now, of couse, his legend preceeds him and most of the public is afraid of him. That complicates it for us if we hope to stop him. And, it attracts dark arts followers who are power hungry right to him.

"You're right about the genetics possible transmitted to the kids, though. Khaat's daughter, we know, is not a werewolf because she's already shown us, as a baby, that she is an animagus. That's a whole story in itself. But Abbey is not going to be a werewolf. She's raising her granddaughter from her adopted daughter because her adopted daughter is still going to Hogwarts and wont' graduate until the end of term this year. But, Dakota's mother is a werewolf, so it is entirely possible that Dakota might be a werewolf, but its entirely too soon for us to know that. And, that just leaves the triplets. There are no werewolves in my line, and since they won't be even a year old until the beginning of summer, we don't know about them yet at all. Nevertheless, Robert is getting very proficient in making wolfsbane so they have a much better chance of a normalcy than Remus ever did.

"Khaat used to get all hung up about her necklace not matching her clothes. But she's past that. Most of the time anyway. But she does have an awful lot of greens, especially emerald green, and a lot of neutrals. She likes classical elegance. I want you to learn her office well. You need to know where she stores things in there. And yes, I think learning to be an auror would be excellent. You seem like you're in good physical shape. Tell me--what are your skills with a wand like? And what subjects do you excel in? If I'm going to train you, I need to know what your strengths are and what your needs are."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 636
Special Abilities : Healer, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:44 am

"Quite a few things here." he laughed softly. "But I suppose they are truly needed, especially now with the illness and everything. Healers can hardly ever catch a break can they?" he shook his head and laughed. He'd always wanted to become either a healer or an auror ever since he was a little boy. Even now, knowing how busy things would get, he still wanted to be one of the two. He always thought it would give him a chance to show that not all Slytherins are bad, that some - most in fact - were good people. But they were always overshadowed by the bad Slytherins.

He sighed and took a soda for himself. "Well I'm sure eventually he will be caught. There will be someone who will catch him, he can't keep evading what will happen sooner or later." he said, looking down at the soda as he opened it. "She has five kids?" he asked a bit surprised. "Er... Sorry, just wasn't expecting that she had five kids." he said sheepishly. "Well, hopefully they will not turn out to be werewolves. At least then you'll know that Khaat isn't infected." he said.

"If she wore a red dress, she'd look like she was still celebrating Christmas." he chuckled. "Still red and green go very well together, and it goes well with blue too. But I guess nothing matches green more than green. Or at least that's what my mother always says when she picks out clothes to wear." he smiled. Atticus took out his wand from his pocket again and looked down at it. "I'd say I'm pretty good with a wand. My best subjects are Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts. I know a bit of Transfiguration, though I do not take the class. I'm not that good with potions though. I find that I always mess something up." Atticus smiled and scratched the back of his head.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:51 pm

"Khaat and Robert and I all have managed to survive for days at a time on what we could find in this room," Brian laughed. "Besides that, its a good quiet place to get away from all the chaos that can sometimes happen downstairs. Now that I'm in the security position, if Khaat has to stay overnight, most likely I'll be here with her. I am glad to know that you're eager to learn to be an auror because 99% of the attacks on her life have happened right in her office. I do not want nor expect for you to take your own life in your hands trying to protect her. Certainly not without training. I will give you a very simple device that you can use to summon me, Robert or the two aurors I hired that work in the security detail. It will help us to apparate right to her wherever she is. I'll get you one. We already have them, but I'll get you one. Khaat has one but she rarely wears it simply because its not very feminine. I can respect that. I need to redesign hers. But...I have a feeling that even if I do, she'll prefer to try to duke it out.

"If we do catch Fenrir someday, I am quite sure that it would be a very interesting trial on the wizengamot. Khaat might have to remove herself as a voting member of that trial. There's a huge chapter of her history there that most people don't know. They know that the famous Remus Lupin was her uncle but they know little more than that."

He laughed when Atticus was taken a bit aback by the fact that she had five kids. "Well, Abbey is her daughter by her first marriage to Rob Dent. A short lived romance that, so far as I can see, came out with only one positive result--Abbey. She'll be two in May, and she's lovely. Dakota will be two in June, and althought Khaat raises her as her daughter, she's technically her granddaughter. Trust me, we dont' feel like grandparents. And then there are the triplets. Michael, Robert, and Julia. We didn't know they were triplets until they were born We figured twins, but apparently Julia was hiding out on us behind her brothers. But...it does make for a very busy house. Five in diapers at the same time is a lot to juggle, and it means a lot of food fights at the dinner table. If you'd have told me two years ago that I'd have five babies in my house today, I'd have probably thought you were crazy. But I can't imagine my life without them or her now. Sounds just a but corny, doesnt it?"

He listened to Atticus's subjects. "Good. Excellent. You've got exactly what I look for. If you do well at Charms, youll soon learn transfigurations as well. They're not that much more difficult and actually, they can be very handy in dueling. And you'll find that once you get good at transfigurations, you will find something that you particularly enjoy using as a defensive spell. I know people who prefer to transfigure others into bugs, or others that like making them into terribly ugly hats."
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:27 am

Atticus smiled and shook his head. "Don't worry, it doesn't sound corny at all. I feel the same about my girlfriend." he said truthfully. Though Kiara wasn't technically his girlfriend anymore, since they were supposed to get married during the summer of his graduation. Which was this summer. He had to admit that he was a bit nervous about how everything would go down for the marriage. His parents weren't very fond of Kiara, especially his mother. He just hoped she wouldn't ruin anything for them.

Atticus nodded. "I can do basic Transfiguration, but if it's anything too complex I won't be able to do it." he says. "It's a good way to defend yourself. If you do it right, it can be very helpful." he added. "I find it funny when someone only half transfigured someone or something into a bug it something like it." he chuckled. It was pretty funny, really. He always found it hilarious when he saw someone flipping out that they had transfigured something only half way. It was only because they were not advanced enough for certain types of spells, like the ones they tried to use.

"So, what would be the first thing I need to learn to do?" he asked Brian. He wanted to get started at quickly as possible. He wanted to learn the Auror skills that he would need.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:16 pm

"Well, first, I think we need to hone up on your dueling skills. Make sure that you can improve your spells and their strength and accuracy. Making sure that you can form and use shields well. Then we would advance to more difficult spells. Personally, I find it helpful to strengthen myself physically as well. As an auror there have been times when I have needed to either run or to fight, and I usually train my aurors to be fighters as well simply because I see it as important. We could start you on a few things to train with but I am presuming it would be immensely easier. Personally, I prefer first thing in the morning, or in the evenings. What works for you?"
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:29 am

[OOC: Omg, sorry! I kind of forgot about this thread]

"Well I always was pretty good at Defense Against the Dark Arts." he said. "I'm always practicing my spells in my spare time, so there's no need to worry about that." he told Brian. With help from his father, Atticus always practiced his spells with duels or little tests his father always put out for him. So he was always ready for a situation where he needed to duel someone. "My father usually helps me with those things." he added.

"Anytime is fine with me." he said. "Although, I think the mornings would be best. I'm usually an early riser anyways." he added. For some reason, Atticus was always up a little bit before dawn, he supposed it was just some odd sleeping habit he had. There were very few times when he actually slept in, so he was usually wide awake around six in the morning, which usually had its perks. It always gave him time to get some Defense training in.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Quinn Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:59 am

"Mornings are great for me too. Khaat and I are always up by no later than 5 am. We generally work out first thing in the morning before we get started for the day. What do you say if we meet you downstairs in the gym and you can join us for our morning workout? We'll go easy on you for a bit until you catch up," he grinned. He figured Atticus was exactly the kind of young man who could stand up to a challenge.

Before Atticus could answer one of the healers ran in, looking rattled. "Brian! Brian!" she sounded upset.

"What's wrong?" he asked, drawing his wand.

"The werewolf! He's awake! He's trying to hang himself! And he's screeching death threats about killing Khaat!" she said, all in a rush.

"Oh, is he now?" Brian said, not easily rattled. "Summon Robert up from the potions lab and ask him to meet us upstairs please. Calm down. He's not going anywhere. Atticus, it does appear I have to do a bit more battle with our werewolf guest. You want to come?" He rose from his seat. "Draw your wand. Just in case." He walked calmly but with strong purpose back to the lockdown. He could hear the growling and howling. It was half human, half werewolf. And the healers were terrified. They had vacated the lockdown unit, leaving the other patients locked in their rooms, and were standing on the outside of the unit, too afraid to go in. "You may go," he told them. "Until I send for you. You might try the lounge upstairs." When they saw he had every intention of going in, they began to protest in a chorus of squeaky panics. "Calm down. He's bound and he's behind magical locks. He's not going anyplace." Brian could hear him screaming about wanting to rip Khaat into tiny pieces. He watched through the windows as he tried to fashion a noose out of the bedsheets.

"You can't kill her if you kill yourself, you nit!" Robert Lupin's commanding voice boomed from behind Brian towards the man in the lockdown unit. "Make up your mind! Oh, and by the way, that noose stinks. It will never hold you. If you're going to hang yourself, tie the noose right, would you?" Brian looked to see that the healers stood frozen now. They had parted a space for him, much like the parting of the Red Sea. Brian understood why. When Robert used that commanding tone of voice, people just seemed to stop in their tracks. Brian was used to it but it frquently intimidated people who weren't used to it. Robert did not have his wand drawn.

ooc: Np! Actually, I did too! its all good!
Brian Quinn
Brian Quinn
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:20 am

Atticus stared at the frightened healer as she told Brian what was going on. He blinked a couple of times as he heard everything, wow ... it was like this pretty much everyday? Well, he'd get used to it soon. He drew his wand and nodded. "Of course." he told Brian with his wand down by his side in his hand. If he was going to be Khaat's assistant, he had to be able to deal with these kinds of situation and not be afraid to go in them. Which, for him should be easy enough, not to run away. It's not like he was a coward or anything.

As they approached the lockdown unit, he saw all the healers outside. He must really be going crazy in there if the healers were too scared to go in. Either that or they were just cowards, which he highly doubted. He nearly jumped a mile when a sudden voice sounded out from behind Brian, he hadn't even noticed Robert come up to them. Atticus stared at him, completely still, almost like if he moved, he would be killed or something. He looked over at Brian slightly and reader a bit when he noticed the other man wasn't the least bit frightened by him.

So much for not being a total coward.

Though Robert made a point. He looked at the man in the lockdown unit and sighed. There really was no point in wanting to kill Khaat if you're just going to kill yourself first. That was something he didn't really understand. People who wanted to kill someone always tried to kill themselves before they killed the other person. That didn't really make sense to him, but in this situation he thought it better that the werewolf killed himself than Khaat. No matter how mean or uncivilized that sounded. Atticus looked at Robert again and noticed that he didn't have his wand drawn. He must be pretty powerful if he didn't see a need to have his wand drawn.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:46 am

"You! Lupin!" the man bellowed. "You can't have her! She's interfered long enough! She will die!!" Robert reached out to the healer who held the keys to the unit and took them. He walked over to the door and unlocked the outer door. The healers back up and stared in horror and fear. He turned and looked at them.

"You can go if you're afraid," Robert told them. "He still cant get out of his room, you know." The man stood on his bed and tied his noose to a light fixure in the ceiling. Robert simply looked in through the glass in the door, leaned lazily against the doorframe and watched.

"What are YOU staring at?" he bellowed at Robert.

"The show," Robert said.

"What kind of a healer are you! You're supposed to save lives!" he howled.

"Nah. Don't think so," Robert said.

"What! You unethical moron!...."

"It looks like an accident to me. See, you're locked in there and I"m out here. Not a darned thing I can do."

"Open the door! You're supposed to do something."

Robert shrugged looking helpless. "You know, I probably could do that if I had the key. But I can't find it. So, from where I stand, you look like you're on your own. So, if you're going to do it, then you might as well get on with it because I can't stop you."

Brian was pleased with Robert' strategy. And he knew full well Robert had a key. Robert just was not going to be an enabler to tis man's violent behaviors.

"I wish I'd thought of that," Brian said very softly to Atticus. "This just might end up to be rather interesting."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top