New Day, New Life - Page 31
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 31 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 31 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 31 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:26 am

Kate was pleased that Cassidy had gotten the message. Instead of continuing to be miserable over every little thing, she needed to be enjoying it. She hoped she would take it seriously.

"I don't know. I haven't talked to Fi. Robert moved Fi and her family out of England in order to protect them. He moved them to Colorado with Kieran. That way they will be under the organization's protection. I can have Robert check when he gets time. Or Brian. Might be good for Brian to have something to do. And besides, he's enjoying every moment of being a dad. So, we'll find out." She began to smell something good from the kitchen

"Angus, are you baking something?" she asked.

"Nothing gets past you, Kate," Angus laughed. "Giant cookies made with some of this luscious vintage chocolate and loccal macadamia nuts. I'm just taking them out now. Give them just a few minutes and we can each have one while they're warm and gooey."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22832
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:56 am

Cassidy nodded " ok I guess I'll have to take a trip into madam malkins and see whats there" she said then she smelt it too and her tummy rumbled she chuckled " awe you had me up to the nuts " she said and shook her head " did you make any with out the nuts?" she asked hoping he had as she liked the sound of the chocolate cookies being hot and soft and squggie as she ate them. She felt another kick and just smiled rubbing where she had felt the kick and smiled at Kate " she's quite the kicker " she siad.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:12 am

"No," Angus frowned. "I didn't know you had something with macadamias. I'm sorry. I can make another batch, I suppose, but you'd have to be satisfied waiting a bit longer." He felt a bit fluxed and frustrated. He hadn't known anyone had any issues with nuts. He prided himself on knowing who liked what and who did not. This was a new piece for him that he would have preferred had been told him if he was going to cook for them all. He returned to the kitchen to make another batch of cookies without nuts

"I think I'll go help Angus," Kate smiled, getting up and heading to the kitchen. "He still has supper to prepare too. Maybe I can give him a hand." When she got to the kitchen, she went to Angus. "What were you planning for dinner?"

"There is a wonderful island pork already slow cooking. We just need the appropriate sides."

"Not to worry," she kissed his cheek in a motherly fashion. "Thats why we're here. To help each other. I have it all under control. Don't stress. I wondered what I smelled. I haven't had that tropical pork in ages. What a lovely surprise." She opened the refrigerator to see what was stocked. And just at that moment, she heard two angry newborn voices letting out powerful angry wails.

"And there are two more countries heard from," she laughed. "Hopefully someone will get that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:28 am

Cassidy watched him leave and felt bad " I should have told him but I didn't think it was an issue " she said and sighed then stood up walking in to the kitchen and looked at Angus and Kate " um..pork smells nice Angus" she said but was about to speack again when she heard the babies crying " don't worry I'll get them " she said and walked into the bed room seeing Jess already with one on the changing table she picked up a second and rested him on her knee while she changed his nappy and clothes then held him rocking him gently from side to side as she sang softy to him.
"Lullaby and good night, with roses bedlight
With lilies o'er spread is baby's wee bed
Lay thee down now and rest, may thy slumber be blessed
Lay thee down now and rest, may thy slumber be blessed

Lullaby and good night, thy mother's delight
Bright angels beside my darling abide
They will guard thee at rest, thou shalt wake on my breast
They will guard thee at rest, thou shalt wake on my breast" she sang

((Cassidys voice : Brahms Lullaby ))
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:45 am

Brian brought Khaat in from outside. He had taken her out in order to let her get a bit of air after she woke. They had been walking a short way and sitting by the pool a bit.

"Did we miss anything?" Brian asked. "We were planning our week end away. I think she is healing a bit quicker than Robert expected. She's just having more energy issues than anything else. The physical healing is going quicker than it should, given the fact that we had three. I had some ideas about where I thought we should go, but then I decided to ask her. I'm hoping Robert lets us go in a few days. Maybe this next weekend coming up if all goes well."

"I thought I heard the babies," Khaat said.

"You did," Kate smiled. "Did you think we'd let them scream forever, Dear? Its all under control. Jess and Cassidy have it. Listen. No more screaming."

"Lullabyes. Nice," Khaat said. Brian took her to find a place to sit and rest. He went to the kitchen, got a couple cans of soda, opened them and took her one. It was icy cold and tasted wonderful. "Can I help in the kitchen?" Khaat asked.

"No, you cannot," her mother said. "You can behave so your father does not have a heart attack because you overdid yourself."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:09 am

Cassidy changed the last baby and accioed three bottles feeding each one with Jess's help soon all three were asleep again and Jess walked Cassidy out of the bedroom and smiled seeing Khaat and Brian walk back in. " hi guys hows was the walk?" Cassidy asked as she placed a cup down on the coffee table in front of her then walked into the kitchen " um...that pork smells wonderful Angus" she said and poured herself some water and heading back to the door way " um Angus sorry about the nut thing" she said taking a sip of the water.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:18 am

"The walk was fine," Brian said. "Khaat is a very determined woman when it comes to getting back into shape. She wants to be able to wear her favorite clothes again, I think. She's exercising a few minutes at a time, resting a bit and then going back at it. At this rate, she's going to be back in shape in no time at all."

"If she doesn't fall down from exhaustion first," Robert said, coming up from the basement. "She's pushing a bit, really. Pushing a lot, quite honestly."

"I feel fine," Khaat said.

"Liar," her father said, going to the kitchen to refill his tea mug.

"Not a problem, Cassidy," Angus said. "Macadamias are a huge part of the local culture and the local foods. Thats' all. It does impact how I cook here. Now that I know, I'll adapt. Its fairly simple once I know."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Cassidy gave a small smile " I guess its the one food I can't eat , never have " she said and sipped her tea as she saw Robert enter the kitchen for a cup of tea for himself . she saw a bowl with the nuts Angus had been using and walked over taking one she looked at its light brown curved shape and felt its slightly oily feel, Taking a deep breath she slowly took a small bite and tasted it at first it was bitter but ten it lost it to taste like any other nut and she chuckled " all this time I have hated these nuts now I find there no different that the others I eat" she said and looked at Angus " don't worry about it Angus , um are those cookies done yet I am interested in finding out what the chocolate does to the flavor of these nuts " she said smiling as he popped the last bit of nut in her mouth and ate it.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:17 pm

"Right there," he pointed to the sheet pan of giagantic sized cookies. "The nuts become wonderful when they're toasted. Warm, with a crisp and buttery flavor. There is no bitterness once they are roasted. For me, they are very comforting. The only nut that I know of that has that warmth is a toasted pecan. I don't ever use walnuts or peanuts because they don't have the richness or the buttery comforting flavor if a pecan or a macadamia. Hazelnuts come close, but they're just not my favorites. You are entitled to have things you don't like. I have things I don't like and I refuse to make. And its a good thing, because Khaat and Brian don't like them either so, they just never make the shopping list. I won't buy okra, for example. I won't buy raw oysters. Certain stinky cheeses. I like almost everything, but there are some things I just won't eat." He went over and refilled his tea.

"Don't spoil your dinner," Kate said, sounding maternal. "Try spittling that cookie wiht someone. You won't be able to resist his tropical pork dish. And I'd rather you all ate good nutritious food first. And then have all the cookies you want."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:34 pm

Cassidy looked at the tray and moved to pick one large warm cookie up in her hand she bent it and broke it in two placing the second piece down she took a bite and smiled " Mmm it does taste wonderful" she said she screwed up her nose at a few of the things he mentioned." oysters, I tried one once, yucky, slippery, salty things " she said and shivered but took a bite of the cookie she held savoring the taste of the nuts and chocolate. Soon the cookie was gone and she still felt hungry " smells wonderful Angus " she said and her tummy rumbled " sorry my appetite seems to have got bigger this last few months" she said and chuckled " maybe it all the good food your making Angus " she said and looked at the last half of the cookie on the baking tray.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top