Night life, what life? -Open
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Night life, what life? -Open Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Night life, what life? -Open

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Night life, what life? -Open Empty Night life, what life? -Open

Post by Catalina Malcom Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Cat had taken to the night life, noticing how more and more she couldn't get to sleep. Instead of a wasted night tossing about in her bed, she stayed in the common room, drawn to the comfort of the small fire and the arm chair. She had a pad of paper in her hand, and a packet of pens. Cat wanted to write something, so as she was thinking about what to do with the blank paper, she chewed on one of the pens. Her hair flicked from bright pink to teal to orange and back, feeling undecided and a little let down.

Sighing, she placed the paper down next to her and stretched out. Settling back in her arm chair, she heard someone walking down one of the dormitories. Cat stared at each of the doors, waiting to see who would come out.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 186
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Night life, what life? -Open Empty Re: Night life, what life? -Open

Post by Brian Sullivan Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Brian yawned loudly and stretched his arms out in his bed. Despite how tired he was, he could not go to sleep, just toss and turn. There were brief moments when he was on the verge of falling asleep when Cliff would move in his sleep. He was just as exciteable when he was asleep as he was when he was awake. He moved around so much in his sleep, and with Brian being a very light sleeper, he would wake up every time.

He stared at the bunk above him before he realized he was not going to be getting any sleep and he hopped out of bed. He threw on a shirt and he made his way down the stairs to the common room. He hoped the fire was still going from earlier because he usually froze in the common room at night. He contemplated going back up the stairs to get a cover, but he decided against it.

He rounded the last steps and he walked into the common room, yawning broadly yet again, and then noticing someone was already there. "Hey Cat," He mumbled quietly to her as he approached an arm chair across from her. He plopped down into the chair roughly, rubbing his eyes, and then staring across at her noticing she had a pen and paper. "Can't sleep either, huh?" He knew Cat by name just because they were in the same year. They only spoke on a few occasions and she seemed like a nice enough girl. He was not sure what she thought of him, most people thought he was nothing but a hooligan, and he liked it that way.
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:25 am

Cat let out the breath that she had held in, feeling much better that it wasn't a prefect or anything. It was Brian, someone who she would like to think she would get along with just fine. Only speaking on occasions, he seemed nice enough. The stories behind him weren't. "Hi Brian." Cat greeted warmly, her hair finally ending on an electric blue.

"I'm troubled, Brian. Whats your excuse?" Cat asked to maintain a conversation. She didn't know if she was acting rude, and as she was thinking about that, she made a face, feeling rather confused. Finally shrugging, Cat pulled out a small compact she had in her pocket, laughing at how horrid the blue looked on her. "Not my color, is it?"
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:05 am

He stared blankly into the fire pit for a few moments after he had spoken to her. He longed for a fire, but he could not summon the energy to even reach into his robe and pull out his wand so he could start one himself. He let out a sigh and lifted his head dramatically and looked at Cat. "Where to start...." He propped his hands down on his hands and gazed across to Cat.

"We have only been back for a few days and I already have homework stacked higher than my bunk, I am pretty sure a guy up in my dorm has that sickness going around and if I get it, I swear, I am shoving my shoe up his arse. Quidditch practice starts soon, there goes my life." He was being dramatic now and making his problems seem worse than they were, but complaining was fun, especially when someone would listen. "Aaaaand, on top of all that, I am pretty sure the head boy of Slytherin has it out for me."

He groaned loudly and then leaned back in his chair and flung his arms out over the sides of the chair and put his legs spread eagle out in front of him. He laughed gently and bobbed his head over in her direction. "In a way, I am kind of glad that Slytherin fellow is out for me. I got a name to uphold around these parts." He laughed and then pulled his wand out and pointed it at the fireplace. "Incendio." A fire sprouted and he let out a content sigh.

"What troubles you, miss?"
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:38 am

Cat listened to Brian shpeel his troubles with interest, placing a hand on her chin, leaning on the arm of the arm rest with her feet tucked under her. She continued changing her hair color, this time from blonde, purple, to magenta, finally settling it back to a rosy pink that she rather enjoyed on herself. Focusing on her eyes, Cat decided on a teal color, and liking the combinations, she got more comfortable in the seat.

When he was done explaining, Cat eyed him with amusement. "Thats all a good reason to stay up and brew over. Personally, I wouldn't be able to handle that. An enemy, already? Naughty." Cat teased lightly, sighing in relief of the fire that he had relit. "You would think in a magical school the fire would stay lit all night." Cat wondered out loud.

"My troubles are small, compared to what yours seem to be. But, if you insist..." Cat took in a dramatic breath. "I am now what I think in an insomniac, and the three classes I am taking this year are probably the toughest. Can you imagine that? Also, I am in and out of St. Mungos for 'treatments'." Putting quotations around the word treatments, she rolled her eyes. "Also, the girls in my year are always teasing me about my hair. I like being a metamorphagus, I don't see a problem with that! Honestly." Throwing her hands in the air, Cat flopped back down in her seat.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Up until now, Brian had not noticed her hair changing colors, but when she mentioned she was a metamorphagus, his eyes lit up and he stared at her hair. Without warning, he jumped up from his seat, and he scrambled over to her chair. He slid to a stop beside her chair and he examined her hair extremely close. He had never met a metamorphagus before, but he had always thought that they were cool.

"Are you kidding me?" He said, a little too loud, but a sound of puzzlement in his voice. "Your hair is awesome!! Make it turn yellow... no! Make it purple. Can you make it more than one color at the same time? Make it red and gold! You should rock the Gryffindor hair all the time!" He spit the words out at an alarming rate, but when he got excited, there was no controlling his words. They just flew out with reckless intent.

He realized what he was doing, after he had grabbed a little bit of her hair, and he paused looking at her with a stunned look on his face. "Er..... sorry I get a bit excited at times." He felt like Cliff at the moment, acting on impulse, instead of thinking things through. He let go of her hair and moved the chair he had been sitting in closer to her so that he could keep a close eye on her hair.

"In my defense," He started, raising his hand in the air, and talking about the Alex Star kid. "That kid was kind of a wanker. There I was, having a good time in class, when BOOM! He is over me and trying to cause a fight right in the middle of the classroom. I had to slap on the ole Sullivan charm to keep him down though, or he would have had to deal with these bad boys." He flexed his muscles, which were not all that impressive, but he kept a grin on his face.
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Cat, a little shaken at his outburst, clinged to the armrest she was sitting in. It was the yelling that shook her off. When she finally figured out he ment no harm, her heart beat normally again and she let out a small laugh, more to calm her nerves. "You are an interesting one." Cat, upon his request, easily changed her hair to red and gold, and left it as it was. Cat quickly changed her eyes to match her hair, one red and one gold.

Cat didn't have much time to relax, as Brian had grabbed her hair and she all but shrieked in shock. "It's alright, I could tell." Cat was a bit on edge, waiting to see what would happen next. He really did catch her off guard, and that freaked Cat out more. Grinning to show him that he did no harm, Cat played with the ends of her hair, running her fingers through them.

"The Sullivan charm?" Cat repeated, putting a hand to her mouth to stop her from laughing. Putting a hand on one of his arms, she really did laugh then. "Very impressive." Cat teased, being very sarcastic.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:40 pm

He felt his cheeks blush when she reached up and touched his arm. Even though he was just being friendly with her, he was still a boy, and when a girl touched him he got a little too hormonal. He shook it off though, this year was different, he was not going to be the same way around girls as he was last year.

"Yeah, I know, I work out." He chuckled and then leaned back in his seat. He was glad she did not get upset at his touchy feely nature. He picked up that style hanging around with Cliff too much. Cliff was very exciteable and was a very in your face type person, and it was rubbing off on him. "Oh, you haven't heard of the Sullivan charm? No one can resist it. One hundred percent effective. It is actually illegal to use in Ireland."
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:51 am

"I can tell." Cat nodded enthusiasticially, feeling it would probably just be best to agree. He reminded her a bit like Cliff, who Cat felt like was a good friend of hers. Having seeing them both around each other quite a bit, she figured she would talk to Brian more than the occasional hello.

Cat sat back in her seat with a hand over her mouth, finally processing what he had said and laughing. Trying to muffle the noise, her shoulders shook in amusement. "Illeal, you say? Wow, you sure are trouble, Mr. Sullivan." Wiping tears out of her eyes, it was a wonder why she felt so... Calm. And not pitied for. Cat only cherished that, hoping it wouldnt end as soon as it came.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:11 pm

( Sorry about the delay, did not get to post any yesterday )

He smiled at first, but eventually, his smile turned into a laugh along with hers. It was a problem of his, when someone else would laugh, he would find himself laughing along with the other person. He was not sure if it was a gift or a curse, probably a bit of both, but he found himself laughing along with Cat even though he had forgotten what they were laughing about in the first place.

"I personally think that making them illegal was a bit overkill in the first place." He finally calmed his laughing down and he relaxed in his chair. Cat seemed nice, she did not judge him when he was being himself, and he liked that. A lot of people could find Cliff and Brian annoying for nothing more than liking to have a good time. "I am not too much trouble. I just like to have a good time, don't you?"
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top