New Day, New Life - Page 42
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 42 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 42 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:55 am

"Thanks," Angus said. "Its been a long time since I worked a restaurant ktichen that was slammed that hard. I don't know how Khaat and Lizzie does it. I have a whole new respect for those women," he yawned. "Thanks, Jack. If Brian needs help with this boy, you let me know, alright?" He went to bed, too tired to even serve dessert. It hadn't even crossed his mind even after he had made it for them.

Kate got up and served the relaxing spiced tea from India and the sorbet and the beautiful delicate handmade cookies to those who were left. The tea smelled like comfort, and she poured a large mug full for Robert and took it back to him.

"Any change?" she asked him softly, massaging Robert's shoulders. He sighed, leaning backwards into her.

"No," he said softly. "She took a damned hard hit to the head. It could be awhile."

"I know you could wake her up right now, Robert. Why aren't you doing it?" she asked.

"Because if I do that, I mask the severity of her head injury even from myself. I need to see how this is going to play out--how long she stays unconscious, how much pain she's in when she wakes, how her mind works when she wakes. I can't cover it up with magic. This is one time where magic may hurt us more than it would help." She handed him the tea. "Thank you," he sighed. "Kate, it seems like the only thing I want for my life is for you and my daughter and my grandkids to be healthy and happy. Why does that seem like too much to ask?"

"Robert," she kissed his forehead from behind him, "you are so tired. How much longer can you go without sleep, carrying all of us and all of England on your shoulders?"

"As long as it takes, Kate," he said firmly. "There is no other choice. How's Brian? Is he okay?"

"He's gone. He remembered the bistro owner telling him she had moved here for a fresh start for her and her 13 year old son."

"Oh, god," Robert said softly. "Oh, let him make the right choice and not undo us all."

"You trained him for moments like this," Kate reminded him. "Have a little faith. Do you want me to sit with you?"

"No, not yet. I'm okay for now. Just come back when the house gets quiet."

"Its getting there now," Kate laughed gently. "They're all exhausted. It was a rough day. I'll be back. I promise." She kissed his cheek and went back to the dining room. "Anyone need a warmup on their spiced tea?" she asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22693
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:05 am

Steven offered up his cup to Kate " Please Kate , this is nice , just like a comfort food " he said and drank the now warmed up tea and ate the sorbet and the beautiful delicate handmade cookies he had in front of him. Jack shook his head standing he quickly tidied up the kitchen making it look clean and sparkling as if nobody had cooked in it then he sat back down.

" OK any one wake me early tomorrow, don't be surprised if they get snapped at" he said and stretched his arms to take out the tension he felt in them.Cassidy smiled and nodded she wanted a reheat.

" Please Kate this is beautiful tea" she said taking a drink " even the baby's quiet " she said smiling " I hope that's a good thing " she said softly as she lent back on Steven her eyes feeling heavy as she did , Steven chuckled as he looked at Kate.

" Don't worry the triplets will be looked after, I am not that tired so I'll stay up if they wake in the night" he said smiling as he wrapped an arm around Cassidy.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:28 am

Kate poured fresh tea for them. "Thanks, Jack. The kitchen looks great. I think Robert found it welcoming tonight too. I'm sure he and I will be up tonight so if anyone needs something, just call." She went over to the edge of the living room opening to the back yard and looked up at the stars just as the clock chimed 1. 1 am. Where the heck had the time gone? "I want you all to sleep in tomorrow. I'm going to make a simple breakfast that we all can just grab whenever we get up. Robert and I need you fresh. I need you all to get a good night's sleep. At some point, I have to get Robert to take some of his own advice and get some sleep himself. I cannot tell you when he slept a full night last. He cannot do this forever. If we can get you all up to full staff, maybe I can get him to ggive up the need for control for just one night." She looked at them, not wanting to show them how concerned for Robert she was becoming. "I hate to ask for your help, but if he sees that we're all up to full power again, he might actually give in and rest."

Meanwhile, Brian had apparated back into the restaurant. He had gotten into employee records. He had found the records of the people who had worked at the bistro, how long they had each worked there, and clearly by their employment records, who the owner trusted the most and who she did not. He got addresses and phone numbers.

He apparated into the apartment of the owner and found the boy in a sound sleep on the sofa with an action movie playing on the tv. He merely walked over to the boy and touched him, sending him into a deep sleep spell. He used the phone at the owner's apartment to call the normal head waitress--her top employee. He woke her out of a dead sleep. When he explained what had happened, the waitress panicked about the owner, the boy and the bistro. Brian promised that he and Khaat would see to making sure the bistro stayed open so people could keep their jobs. She breathed a sigh of relief. She immediately promised that she would take in the boy, but she didn't have a way to come and get him. Brian promised to bring him to her. He hung up the phone. He picked up the boy and apparated him to an alley a few doors down from the waitresses apartment. He sat him down on the ground and then woke him. He cast a very slight obliviate on the boy to cause him to only be confused about how he got here with a man he didn't know. Brian sheathed his wand and took the boy to the waitress's apartment, explaining that he'd woken the boy out of a dead sleep, to explain the confusion. She took the sleepy, confused lad inside, thanking Brian profusely. She promised to call the staff together for a meeting tomorrow while the bistro was closed in order to try to make a plan on how to move forward. She promised to call when they had their plan and to update Brian.

When she closed the door, Brian walked back to the alley and apparated home. He was greeted with the smell of warm gentle exotic spices of the tea. "God that smells good," he said tiredly.

"I'll get you a cup," she said. "The boy's alright?"

"Yes. He's with one of the bistro waitresses. He's fine," Brian said as Kate handed him the tea. He suddenly felt an urge to go check on his children.

"Go on," Kate smiled gently at him. "Go see them for yourself. They're fine, but sometimes as parents we just need to see it for ourselves."

"How'd you know?" he asked.

"Robert and I have had that same look ourselves a million times, but it was always because we wanted to check on you two," she said. He took a sip of his tea, put down the mug and went down the hall.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22693
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic View next topic Back to top