A Few Weeks in Ireland - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Few Weeks in Ireland - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Few Weeks in Ireland

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Few Weeks in Ireland - Page 3 Empty Re: A Few Weeks in Ireland

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:45 pm

"Just pick a bed for me," he said with kindess in his tone "and I'll be alright." Andrew was rather fond of the idea of just going around and seeing the sights, since he was kind of an explorer himself. He always wanted to go scuba diving in the ocean, or climbing a mountain...even though that all those things could be achieved through magic. He liked having a challenge though. His entire family was the same way, except for his mother, whom he always blamed for giving him his gene where he always over thought things. "Room service sounds good," he said laying back on his chair "if it's alright with everyone else."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:54 am

Sophia laughed her tinkling bell laugh at Julia as she asked if she was getting alitte drowzy. "Um... just alittle bit, the flat road and the humming of the engine is making me that way."said Sophia honestly. When she said she seen alittle quiet she laughed. "Sorry didn't want to annoy anyone with my knowledge of Ireland or anything."said Sophia softly. Sophia did read alot about Ireland before they left for the trip just to know about the culture and what there was to do around it. Sophia was always the type of person that reads about a place before going to it.

"I don't mind who gets the next room, as long as I have a place to relax and rest at."said Sophia softly. "Either way Jules is fine, I don't really mind which one we do I'm ok I just need energy in me and I don't want to do it in front of you all."said Sophia softly knowing that she meant drink a vial of blood in front of them. Not many people knew Sophia was a vampire besides maybe Julia, Jess and maybe Andrew. "Ooh... I can see the city from here nice!"said Sophia taking pictures of it. "Oh sorry, now I'm becoming the chatterbox!"said Sophia chuckling.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:48 pm

''You put me on relaxation list. After such a drive, I do need to take a rest'', he said, yawning. He wasn't actually sleepy, he just needed to rest. He closed the map, hoping he would not need to rummage through it again. Looking around and seeing no one needed him, he closed his eyes once more. ''If anyone needs me, just whistle'', he said, continuing what he had started before he was interrupted with the map.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:22 pm

Julia nodded at Arthur with her eyes kept on the road. "I know, Soph! I think the hotel is just over there" She pointed to the left as she steered the car in the same direction. "So, how about Soph rooms with Arthur and I, and Andy could be in the other room with Jess?" She offered. She knew Soph would probably be more comfortable with Julia, they were best friends and Julia didn't mind that she had to drink blood, it wasn't her fault. "Unless Ar wants to room with the guys and you three could figure out who gets to share a bed" She laughed. Julia knew that it would probably be better for the girls to be together and the guys to be together, though she knew nothing "bad" would happen if they mixed the girls with the guys.

Julia continued straight down the road until she saw a large beige building, their hotel. It was lit evenly by large lights on the wall and outdoor lamps surrounding the parking lot. The sun had already began to go down leaving an indigo-ish tint coloring everything. The hotel was beautiful, and so weren't the rooms, she assumed. "Here we are" She smiled, cutting the engine and opening her car door. "Let's go, everyone!" She said excitedly and nudged Arthur in case he fell asleep. Julia got out of her car and opened the trunk where everyone's luggage was, she took all of the bags out and placed him on the ground, grabbing her pink suitcase.

Julia lead everyone inside the hotel as they got their luggage and continued into the lobby to the front desk. The man standing there-his name tag read "Patrick"- was thin and muscular, with reddish hair, green eyes and pale skin; this appearance was most common in Ireland. "Ah, yes, Miss Traverse, you will take rooms 437 and 438. Enjoy your stay!" He said, handing Julia the two room keys. She then walked over to the elevator and held the door open, so it wouldn't close on her friends. They rode it to the fourth floor and found their rooms as Julia unlocked them. "Alright, I'll claim this room," She said, walking over to the door on the east wall and opening it, revealing their other room, "and here's our other room for whoever wants it" She smiled, sitting on the bed next to the window.

Spoiler:
The Hotel

((A little more godmodding, I just wanted to get on the ball with the rooms Razz ))
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:48 pm

Andrew was surprised on how fast everything seemed to be going. One moment they were driving, and then the next, they were already there. He hated time, but decided to live with it. Walking beside the small party, he glanced around at the sights before approaching into the hotel, which seemed rather...regular in his opinion. He still liked it, but it matched most descriptions back at America, such as a Holiday Inn or something. Hopefully they had better food. When they walked inside the hotel, Andrew did a complete 360 degree turn as he examined and inspected the interior of the hotel. Seemed a lot better on the inside than the out.

When the choice came to who got the other room, Andrew shrugged his shoulders and then said "I guess I'll take the other room then, if that's alright." Now he was rather impressed. As he walked into the opposite room of where Julia was staying, he saw the other room, being completely clean and having a freshly made bed there. If he was 7 years younger, he probably would have jumped on the bed in excitement. Instead, he walked into the room, doing his usual inspection and said "Nice. Although, it smells too much of potpourri if I do say so myself." Andrew would've been a critic in the smuggle world if it hadn't been for magic.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:21 am

"I say Dinner, i'll go alone if i must, but i don't like eating where i sleep, and a nice dinner out is nice," he said. "Besides, it's not been that long a day, only a short flight," he said with a smile.

Thinking for a second he looked at the door Andrew'd walked through. "I'll join Andrew, if that suits, otherwise i'd be happy in the other room," he said with a quick nod to the others, before following Andrew through the door. "You don't snore do you?" he asked with a chuckle

Last edited by Jess Potter on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:35 pm

((We don't know that we're bumping into Odette at this point, she has her own room I think))
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:37 pm

((I know that, but you mentioned at the airport we were meeting her here, that's how Jess knows))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:39 pm

((I said we were meeting Mari here, and Mari isn't coming now Razz ))
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:21 pm

((Well ok then, ignore that bit and keep going, sorry, thought we'd just change it in our minds, obviously not... I'll go edit my post then, you'll have to say something about Mari not coming and Odette coming instead though, i suppose))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top