A Few Weeks in Ireland
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Few Weeks in Ireland Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Few Weeks in Ireland

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Few Weeks in Ireland Empty A Few Weeks in Ireland

Post by Alana York Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:56 am

Julia stepped out of the airplane and into the cool airport in Dublin, Ireland. She walked over to the suitcase belt to find her and her guests' bags. Julia had brought Soph and Andrew with her to visit her hometown of Portrush, Ireland. It was unfortunate that her parents couldn't make it, but it would surely be a great time otherwise with Soph and Andrew. It was a 128 mile drive from Dublin to Portrush, but there were many sites to see on the way there, so they would at least have something to look at to make the drive seem shorter.

They would spend a week in Portrush, then go back to Dublin for another week. It seemed smarter to stay in Dublin then go to Portrush instead, but that was just Julia's parent's brilliant planning. It was a fairly warm day at the Dublin Airport, about 65 degrees Fahrenheit. The climate in Ireland is usually cold, since it's location is so far north of the equator. But Julia didn't mind the temperatures, she loved simply being with her friends in her home country.

As soon as Julia found their suitcases, she grabbed them and set them on the ground, "You guys ready to leave? My car is just outside" She smiled, excited for their vacation to begin.

Last edited by Julia Traverse on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 am; edited 4 times in total
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

A Few Weeks in Ireland Empty Re: A Few Weeks in Ireland

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:45 am

Sophia walked out of the airport walking beside Julia and smiled for she loved the weather here. "Maybe I should I move here, I like the weather here it's perfect for me!"said Sophia laughing her tinkling bell laugh. "Yeah Jules I'm ready for this vacation to begin!"said Sophia happily. Sophia was glad that Julia invited her here to Ireland, she was sure her and the others would have so much fun here. Sophia never been to Ireland so she fasinated by her surroundings.

"Wow this place is so beautiful Julia!"said Sophia looking at the green sloping hills that were before her. "This place is better then London, besides I like the country side better then the city."said Sophia honestly. "So what do you have planned for us Jules?"Sophia asked her excitedly. Sophia couldn't wait to see parts of Ireland and have some fun with her friends. Sophia was wearing a white strapless dress with all diffrent designs on it that were black, yellow, orange and black with a black mini black jean jacket with a brown hat with a black bow on it and her jet black hair was down.

A Few Weeks in Ireland 002
Look and style!
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:59 am

He was resting. Not sleeping, but resting. He enjoyed plane rides mainly because he could rest without any problems. As they arrived, he puit his suit jacket on, took his two bags and exited the plane. As usual, a formal black suit with a light blue shirt under it. He did pack a lot of clothes, one bag just for it (he liked being tidy), but since this was Ireland, there weren't much peaces of summer clothes inside. The other bag contained mainly books and some other stuff he would use in his free time, and a little something for Julia he would give her later on. Carrying his bags, he approached Julia. ''Well, I am ready. The bags are here, I am here, you are here. That is it'', he said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Julia smiled at both of them. She was glad that they seemed excited, though Sophia expressed it a little bit more. "Well, first we're going to drive to Portrush and check in at our hotel, Adelphi Portrush, and unpack, then maybe we can do some sightseeing or something?" She shrugged. There wasn't much to do in Portrush, but the things they had were pretty cool. They had some historical tourist attractions such as Dunluce Castle, but they had more fun attractions like Dunluce Centre and Barry's Amusements. She wasn't sure that they would spend much time at the amusement parks, but there were quite a few things to see. The beaches were gorgeous there, that was the main place she was sure she and Sophia would spend most of their time. As for Andrew and Arthur, they could go to the the Royal Portrush Golf Course, if they liked golf, that is.

"Let's go, everyone" Julia said, leading them to her car that had been waiting for them. She opened the trunk and set her few bags inside, along with Sophia's. She put on her sunglasses and headed for the front seat. "Who's sitting in front with me?" She giggled, holding the directions to the hotel in her hand.

A Few Weeks in Ireland 90410u1_watson_b_gr_03
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Andrew had enjoyed the plane ride to where they were now, yet didn't exactly care for the screaming baby and the snoring man by him, and was even more glad that they weren't next to him. He walked with the others towards the car that was supposed to drive to their destination, and suddenly felt the want to ride his motorcycle. Yet it was all the way back in New York City and didn't feel like smashing his garage door open trying to Accio it. He however forgot the urge and proceded with the others.

"I don't mind where I sit," he said honestly grinning a bit as he followed them. He stood next to the car and began to analyze every part of it, which seemed to be a habit of his since he had enjoyed working on cars. "So where are we staying at?" he asked Julia, wondering if it was a hotel or motel.He didn't mind either, but wondered where it would be located.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:08 pm

''My dear, your dress is stunning'', he said, embracing her. ''Well, I could sit with you'', he said gently. He wasn't that much acquainted with Andrew and he knew Sophia from his year, but they were never such good friends. He packed his bags into the car and took the front seat. ''I do hope the rest of you does not mind me sitting here'', he said, formally. He was yearning for his hotel room for two reasons - one is rest and the second is the chance to spend more time with Julia. ''How are we positioned in the rooms?'', he asked.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:24 pm

(We have a few more people coming, I believe Jess is coming with us, and we're going to bump into Mari once we arrive at the hotel. In the meantime, I'm going to wait until Jess and Soph reply before I do)

Spoiler:
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:05 pm

"Oh... my gosh Jules, I love your car it's so cool!"said Sophia looking at Julia's car shocked. "Oh that's fine Arthur, I don't mind your her boyfrien right? I'm just her best friend I'll just sit behind Julia. "Yeah your dress does like cute on you Jules, so much better then mine!"said Sophia softly. "Oh my gosh, I bet the shopping malls are awesome here!"said Sophia excitedly. "Who else are we waiting for Jules?"Sophia asked her softly wanting to wait for the others.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Jess walked off the plane with a grin on his face. "Gosh i miss Ireland," he muttered, more to himself than the others. He followed them inside the airport and grabbed his suitcase with a nod, and a grin on his face as he followed them out of the Airport. "rather Pleasant plane trip wasn't it," he commented, flashing them a smile, "Of course, the baby was a right pain, but magic... ah magic is wonderful, he said, tucking his earplugs into his pockets.

"Nice car," he said with a whistle, "Yours? Or your parents'?" he asked curiously, walking around to look at the front of it. "I don't mind where i sit," he added
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 am

[[OOC:Like i said it's not Mari it's my character Odette, but if you really want Mari that badly i can bring her too Razz Though i can't seem to figure a way anless she came with Jess since she has no family in Ireland.]]

Odette was visiting her grandparents that leaved in a beautiful town in Ireland since her mom and dad had to travel by buisness to Liverpool few days ago. One month here didn't seem like such a bad idea after long year at Hogwarts. Her grandparents were very known in the town, and Odette needed a distraction for the summer so they found her a little summer job at the local hotel as a receptionist. "Thank you for staying with us Miss Welling here is the key to your room, bagage boy will be happy to take you there.." she said politely as she moved to give the woman her key.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top