A Few Weeks in Ireland - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Few Weeks in Ireland - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Few Weeks in Ireland

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Few Weeks in Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: A Few Weeks in Ireland

Post by Alana York Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 am

Julia giggled at the compliments she was given on her car. She only recently received it as her seventeenth birthday gift. It was only so "fancy" on the inside because it was a Hybrid, though most cars of that kind were very nice. "Thanks, it's mine, I just got it. Two-Thousand and Eleven Cadillac Escalade" Julia then turned so Sophia, who was excited to see the shopping malls. "Oh, they are! We're definitely going to them! The guys can do something on their own" She giggled, thinking that the guys wouldn't like the sound of shopping with two girls.

"Alright, everyone in the car! Choose a seat!" She laughed, climbing into the driver's seat and igniting the engine. Once everyone was inside, Julia opened the map, which had permanent marker circling their destination and tracing the route on how to get there. "Our hotel's name is Adelphi Portrush, from what I hear it's very nice, four point five stars I believe" She smiled. Julia definitely did her homework for this trip since she wouldn't have her parents with her as tour guides, and from what she learned, it would be great fun. Julia put her car in drive and drove off toward the road, which was clear and open.

((Sorry, there was a little bit of godmodding there, I just didn't want to make a whole separate post dedicated to simply leaving the airport Razz ))

((Mari: I wasn't sure which character was coming in the thread, I just knew it was you Razz Odette is fine (: ))
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:13 am

Andrew sat next to Arthur, whom he had not had the chance to get aquinanted with, and decided that he would definetly do that later. For now, he just wanted to enjoy the sites of metropian/floral Ireland. As they drove, he looked out his side of the window, trying to memorize some of the locations he would like to visit later on if he had the time. He most likely would, be continued to make mental notes anyway. He had pretty much zoned out after the first initial minutes.

He continued to look out the window for a for a couple more minutes, until he finally snapped out of his sightseeing mode. He probably would've missed the train to Hogwarts back in his first year if he hadn't snapped out of his sightseeing mode. "So this hotel," he asked turning his head back towards the others now "does it happen to have room service?" He was curious as he had never stayed in a 4.5 star hotel before and was curious about how the aristocrats back in New York lived.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am

He put his bags into the trunk and took his predesignated seat. Another think he liked about trips is... rest. Yes, he was going to chat from time to time, but he was also planning on resting. He took his seat next to Julia, looked around the modern car she had... a lot of hi-tech gizmos, some would say. He smiled at her as she was starting the engine. He had a license, but he rarely drove, mainly because he had someone to drive him. It was always better to participate as a passenger than a driver. He did not know how Julia drove, but he was sure she would be good enough to give him the desired level of confidence he wanted. He closed his eyes, not planning on sleeping, and started taking his planned rest. He hoped he would not be interrupted much before they arrive.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:00 am

((I'd like it if mari came : D
Otherwise i'll feel a tad out of place haha))

Jess dove into the car, quickly secruring a window seat, laughing loudly as he did so. "Window seat," he called to the others, laughing again. "Sounds nice," he muttered thinking about relaxing in his hotel room, he loved hotels. The little chocolates on the pillows, the little sanitary stuff. It was all so fun and nice.

"Room service," he said, ears pricking up, "What was that about room service?" he asked with a grin, he'd not had this much fun in quite awhile, and it was only getting started. "I don't mind what i do, though a day in the pool would be nice," he said, not factoring in the temperature
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:08 am

Andrew shrugged nonchalantly and said "Just wondering, since I always hear about it near the richer parts of New York. If you say it in the slums, you get your as- I mean behind whooped." He tried to avoid swearing during this trip since there were new people around and other people he wouldn't want to get a bad impression with. He sometimes enjoyed having his American accent and other points he hated it greatly.

A pool? Andrew was sick of water for now. He had enough experiences with it and would rather just leave it be for now, at least for a while. "I'll skip the pool, thank you very much," he said shuddering at the thought. "But yeah, hopefully this place doesn't scan you for metal like the airport...they nearly chewed me in half due to the Siren."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Room service... as far as she knew the hotel had a great room service, as well as a restaurant and an indoor/outdoor pool. "Of course there's room service! We'll definitely have to order it sometime this week" She said, keeping her eyes on the road. She looked at Jess through the rear view mirror and laughed "I know it would, they have an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. So we can swim no matter the weather" She smiled. Julia never stayed at this particular hotel, but it sounded great. Metal Detectors? She knew the hotel wasn't that fancy. "Oh, there's no metal detectors, thank God" She hated going through metal detectors, it was pointless to her.

Julia looked to her right and noticed Arthur with his eyes closed. "Hey! You're supposed to be the pilot" She giggled, passing the map to him, "You'll be able to relax once we get to the hotel." She smiled. She knew that he didn't want to be bothered, but she needed help getting to the hotel. "Speaking of the hotel, I haven't even thought of who's going into which room. But we can all decide now. We have two rooms, side-by-side; each room has two beds I believe, and we have five people, so that will work out good. Except two people would have to share a bed, unless they would enjoy sleeping on a cot" She chuckled. Cots were terrible, they were so uncomfortable. "So who's going to be sharing a bed?"
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:55 pm

"I don't mind where I sleep," he said honestly, his mouth scretched into a smile. He enjoyed the car going at a good speed, and nearly passed out due to the soft hum of the engiene. It was a rhytm that nearly put him to sleep many times before, and would happen again, if he wasn't excited to get to the hotel and see what things they could do there. Besides, they were in a different country, if he passed out now, he would miss everything. "But, I'd rather sleep in a bed."

Andrew began to tap his foot to the fast rhythm that was on the radio. He didn't know if it was something local or something that had been made in a different place, but he enjoyed it nevertheless. "So is there anything going on at this hotel?" he asked curiously stilling enjoying the music "like special events, or trips or something?"
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Relaxed completely, with his eyes closed, he enjoyed his rest, his solemn mental and physical vacation until something landed in his arms. What the bloody hell is this? He opened his eyes, flinching slightly, and saw a map of somewhere? What was this? Then he heard Julia explain. He smiled at her and looked at the map. One turn, two turns, three turns... where is it? Ah, yes... But, where are we? He looked outside watching for a sign. And yes, he found it! Eureka!

''I think you need to go right on the next turn, then right again, forward, left and then finally right. But, if you ask me, we could end up in London again'', he said, still observing the map. ''Well, generally, I would like a bed for my self, but if I would have to share a bed with you, there would be no problem'', he said to Julia, still looking very carefully at the map.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:40 pm

"I don't care where I sleep, but like Andrew said a bed would be nice to sleep on."said Sophia softly with her eyes half open half shut. Sophia was almost asleep with the nice comfortable leather seats and the humming of the engine. "Ok Sophia wake up, there's so many things to see."Sophia told herself as she shook herself awake. Sophia heard a good song on the radio not able to understand it much because it was Irish Sophia listened to it enjoying the nice beat to it. Geeting out her camera Sophia started taking pictures of the country side that was before her or out her window.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Julia laughed as she watched Arthur; he didn't seem too ecstatic that he had to direct her, but he didn't seem to mind, either. Right, right, forward, left, right. That didn't seem too complicated. Above them, there was a large green sign stating: Coleraine- 16 miles Portrush- 10 miles, Take Next Right. Hm, Arthur wasn't such a bad pilot after all. Julia turned the car right and continued down the long, open road until she reached the next turn, going right once again and going forward. "Bear with me, guys, we're almost there" She smiled.

Julia mostly expected that she would be the one sharing the bed, especially with Arthur. They were probably the pair that popped into everyone's heads first. But she didn't mind at all, at least he didn't smell. Julia laughed to herself at that last thought. "Alright, and who will occupy the other bed in our room? And the other room next door?" She asked, continuing to drive forward until she steered left as Arthur instructed.

"Getting drowsy, there, Soph?" Julia giggled, watching her as she took pictures of the scenery. "You've been pretty quiet, how delightfully unusual" She teased. Sophia didn't really talk much, if anything, Julia was the biggest chatterbox in the bunch. "So, for tonight, how 'bout we all unpack, relax, and go out to dinner?" She asked "We actually don't even have to go out to dinner tonight we can get room service, I would actually enjoy relaxing for a little while, but it's up to you all"
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top