A Little Late - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Little Late - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Little Late

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Little Late - Page 5 Empty Re: A Little Late

Post by Landon Rooney Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm

He shrugged his shoulders at her comment. "What's the point in being curious about it if you could go out and experience it? I'm pretty sure that just asking questions about it won't bring the same satisfaction," he replied simply. Knowing that she knew that better than he did as she had experienced it while he had not. "Anyways, from what I've come to understand, love means something different to everyone. So I take everything someone says on the subject with a grain of salt. I'm sure that their experiences will be different from mine." Emotions were such an abstract thought that it was hard to find a universal definition. Sure, the dictionary had one for love or happiness but they all affected everyone differently. He chuckled, "A dark side?" he said with some disbelief. "Tell me more." He was intrigued.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:54 am

Sammy smiled and knodded as she listened to Landon give his own oppinion on love and life and what not. Of course she didn't feel the same way, but she wasn't going to get into a big descusion on that subject. But she smiled as she saw that he was interested in her dark side. "Oh well see, when your a new vampire, like I was. It can be very hard to keep your blood lust undercontrol. But when I was turned, which I asked to be turned by my first boyfriend, I skipped the whole blood lust control thing. So later on in life it came back full on. I had no control over my blood lust, so it turned into something more. I finially was able to get it under control, after a lot of trouble. So now I can bring it out when ever I want. But it's very hard to get people to understand that unless they know about vampires." Sammy said to him sitting back in her seat after leaning forward and telling him this so that only he could hear.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:29 am

"How does one simply skip that entire bloodlust stage?" he asked curiously. He took a bite of his food as he contemplated his own question. How did things like that happen? Of course there was always an odd duckling in rules such as these but was she simply an exception or were there many who were just like her? Hopefully she would give him the answers to these internal questions. "How do you control that? It seems like a primitive, carnal instinct...so I don't really understand how you can control that through reason," he explained, hoping she didn't find him too nosy. He couldn't help but ask his next question. It blurted out before he could think about it. "What makes you trust me?" Obviously she had to trust him to some extent or she wouldn't be telling him all of this.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Sammy looked at Landon with intrege, how does he come up with all these questions. "Well I'm not totally sure, it's hard to remember the early days of my turning, but I believe that I was able to skip the whole blood lust part because I wanted to be a vampire so much before hand. Once I was one I focused on all the things that I was now able to do. Like my speed and my jumping. Finally my blood lust came when I finished controling those ablities. Luckily I had friends around to keep me from getting in trouble." Sammy said to him then listened to his next question, it was a good one, of course he was curious. "Well simply magic. My husband and friends put up magical shields in my mind to control that part of me. I can not break those shields only they can. But it is a good thing that they did." Sammy said to him with a smile on her face. She liked thinking about her life. Then she frowned as his next question startled her. "Well, I don't actually trust you yet. It's Sophia's trust in you that keeps me going in answering you questions. Plus honesty is always better than lies. I can see the honesty in your eyes, there is burning and pain there too. But the honesty wins over them all." Sammy said to him finally looking down at her plate and finishing it off. She sipped her last bit of drink and then they dissappeared.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Landon wasn't quite sure what to make of the way she was looking at him. He wasn't sure if it was intrigue or just blatant curiosity. But what had he done to stir up either of those? His brows furrowed throughout her explanation. There was something that irked him and he did what he had been doing throughout most of this conversation and immediately asked her, "But why would you have such a strong desire to become a vampire?" He made sure to keep his voice low, just in case someone was eavesdropping on their conversation. He could see the pros of becoming a vampire but he felt as though those were outweighed by the cons. He quirked his eyebrow when she spoke about the shields. "I didn't even know that sort of thing was possible," he told her honestly. Obviously his question regarding her trust seemed to catch her off guard...as it should have. Landon had never meant to ask that question aloud. Her analysis of him made Landon slightly uncomfortable. "What do you mean by burning?" he asked, ignoring the first part of her statement. He felt it was rather obvious that she trusted him to a certain degree whether she admitted that or not.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:15 am

Sammy smiled down at the table unaware of the curiosity on Landon's face. "Well the reason that I wanted so much to be a vampire was mostly because of the guy that I was crushing on at the time. I'm not saying that that was a good thing, nor a good idea. But that was only one reason. Another was an intrege and obsesion in the supernatural world. Once I became apart of the supernatural world, I felt like my destiny had been started. So to speak of course." Sammy said to him now looking up from the table. Then she went right into the explination of his second question. "Well my husband is a very powerful man. I'm not saying that that is a good thing or a bad thing." Sammy said not really sure why she was always explaining everything. She then looked back down at the table for his last question. "By burning, I mean your hurting and your eyes show it. Weather you admit it or not." Sammy then looked up to see how he wouldl take this.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:22 am

She had wanted to become a vampire because of a guy? He wouldn't say it out loud but that sounded rather desperate and a little pathetic. No one should have that much control over someone. So much control that they would want to change their race. Then she added more explanations behind her reasoning and he decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. She seemed happy with the choice she had made and in the end he reckoned that was all that mattered. "Do you miss anything about being human?" he asked curiously. He had heard how wonderful being a vampire was but surely there were things she missed. It couldn't be all glitter and gold. "Sounds like your husband is a force to be reckoned with," he murmured aloud. Just how powerful was this guy? He decided not to ask any more questions about her husband...he didn't really need to know all of that. Confusion came upon his face at her next words...he was hurting? He was perfectly happy or so he thought. "Well its a pain I'm completely unaware of then," he responded, taking another bite of food. Was he in pain?
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:37 am

Sammy's eyes went all unfocused as she thought about the answer to Landon's first question. She shook her head coming back to reality. "Um..well I would have to say that the one thing that I miss most about being a human has to be the ability to stay in the sun all day without it killing me. You have no idea how many friends I have lots because of that one problem." Sammy said putting her head down and not looking back up. A single tear falling to the table. She then wiped the tear away, and looked back up. She smiled at his remark about her husband and then frowned and looked back at the table when he questioned her about his buring.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:43 am

Oh great. He had gone and made her think of some horrible memory and brought her to tears. Landon generally got very uncomfortable when emotions were put out on the table. He had no clue how to handle his own let alone trying to console someone else's. Awkwardly he cleared his throat which is something he normally did when he simply couldn't find the right words to say. It was an old habit and he still hadn't found a way to stop. "I'm, um sorry. I didn't mean to bring up bad memories or anything," he started. His fingers began intertwining with one another as he tried to come up with something else to say. He couldn't help but ask, "How exactly has that really been a problem when it comes to friendships?" So he wasn't exactly sensitive but he really was trying his best.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:51 am

Sammy half way smiled at his quesioning and appology. "Well you see, when a vampire is out in the sun for more than 5 hours, they burn up and die. It starts to get very upsetting when your friends start killing themselves off that way. Plus I use to like sitting out on the lawn and watching the sun go down, but by that time of day I will have gotten my days worth of sun." Sammy said to him hoping this filled is curiousity. She really was starting to not want to talk about this certain subject any longer. She kept her eyes on the table.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top