A Little Late - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Little Late - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Little Late

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Little Late - Page 4 Empty Re: A Little Late

Post by Landon Rooney Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:29 am

He laughed at her joke though he took a forkful of food once again. He took a rather long time chewing on it, just contemplating her offer. Landon truly believed he had never come close to the emotion of love. Of course most children should feel that way about their parents but he honestly couldn't say that he loved them. He of course hoped for their well-being and respected them. Sophia he loved, as a family member, but that was a different kind of love than the one which Sammy was speaking of. Friendwise, other than Sophia, Jamie was the only other one. He really didn't have that many friends because he rarely allowed anyone to get that close to him. It wasn't necessarily intentional, it was just his nature. After finally finishing his food he replied, "Well, if you have lessons, I'm all ears. I know nothing of love," he told her honestly, hoping she wouldn't think he was strange for admitting to it. He always believed honesty was the best policy.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:34 am

She felt bad for him as she watched his face while he thought. "Aww you poor thing. You don't know anything about love. Thats so sad." Sammy said to him feeling like she wanted to go over to him and give him a big hug and make him feel better. But she thought against that. "Well all you have to do is ask a question and I will try my best to answer it." She said to him wondering why he didn't know love. But thought that that was probably to personal.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:39 am

He could see the pity on her face which made him a little sick to his stomach. The last thing he wanted was to be pitied. He lived a good life. He had didn't deserve someone's pity nor did he desire it. "Well, maybe its just a matter of time. There's no need to feel sorry for me." He was stronger than that. He didn't need to feel as though he was less of a person because he hadn't experienced one of the thousand emotions that were out there. He thought about her offer, unsure if he honestly had a question. He decided to start with a basic yet hard to explain question, just to buy himself some time. "Well, what does it feel like? To be in love and all of that..." his voice trailed off towards the end. If he were honest with himself, he'd know he was genuinely curious to hear her answer. But he was hardly ever honest with himself, so he pretended as though it was just a way to bide some time.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:48 am

Sammy had to think about this one. What did love feel like? "Well that is a hard one. See it feels different for each person because we are all different. The way that I love Ne'Os is like a connection to the world that can never be broken. It's very hard to explain it in words. The feeling comes from down deep in your heart. At first you don't know what is happening cause you start acting like you never have and then you start doing what ever it takes to keep that person in your life. Weather that be killing someone, protecting them, or even leaving them because you just want to make them happy. See love is the one emotion out of them all that will make your head spin at the same time as keeping you in one spot for the rest of your life. I hope that explained it ok." Sammy said to him wondering if she didn't confuse him even more.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:51 am

Landon was taken aback by her response. He hadn't expected her to put it both so thoroughly and eloquently on the spot. "Well, firstly, I can honestly tell you that you spoke very poetically which was something I wasn't expecting for you to come up with right off the top of your head." He hoped she wouldn't take that offensively. He didn't mean that he thought she couldn't come up with all of that, just that no one could. He leaned in towards her, propped his elbows on the table, "So everything is perfect? There's nothing that makes you regret the decision you made in marrying him?" He wasn't trying to be nosy although he was being just that. He was just trying to be logical. While someone could make another feel irrational and cause all of these crazy sensations, would they really last throughout the test of time? That's something he had always wondered but had been too scared to ask. He was curious to see how Sammy would reply.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:56 am

Sammy was taken aback at first by him saying that he didn't think that she could come up with an answer that quick. But was that a good thing or a bad thing. So she continued on with his next questions. "No there is nothing I regret about marrying Ne'Os. I love him with all my heart and even if it doesn't work out or he doesn't want to be with me or I fall for someone else. At least I made him happy for that time. He gave me two wonderful kids and I couldn't ask for anything more from him." Sammy said to Landon wondering why he would ask that in the first place.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:19 am

He wondered if his previous question had been a little too personal. But she didn't seem all that taken aback while she was answering him. It was only after she was done speaking that she looked at him with what seemed like curiosity. He gave her a small smile. "Sorry if that was a prying question," he apologized. Though he did still believe that the apology wasn't really all that necessary. "I only asked because now-a-days, people who get married at a young age generally don't feel the same way about their partners later on. But that's just statistics," he explained. Hopefully he hadn't offended her, he was just trying to be honest. "I just wanted to see how much faith I should put in those numbers."
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:24 am

Sammy smiled at his curiosity. "I understand it's totally normal to be curious. I just wish that I would have had that same kind of curiosity before the first guy I was with." Sammy said to him staring off into space before finally droping back down to earth. "So was that the last question on that subject that you had or was there more. I'm full of knowledge." Sammy said to him with a smile.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:54 am

Landon shot her a confused look. "What do you mean by that?" What kind of curiosity had she hoped to have before she had gotten married? It was even more strange to him that she would be curious because she had just spouted out how much she was in love with her husband. He chuckled. "Eh, no more questions on that subject. At least not right now," he told her. He honestly couldn't think of anything else to ask her about love. Nor was he sure he wanted to talk about it anymore. The topic of love had always made him feel uncomfortable. "So," he started, playing around with the food on his plate with his fork, "Tell me something about yourself I wouldn't know." It was always interesting to hear what people had to say about themselves.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:01 am

Sammy smiled at him seeing that she had confused him. She looked at him honestly. "Oh well I ment that I wish I had been curious about love like you are before I found out about it." She said to him wondering if he had ever been with anyone before. If he had he probably would know more about love. She could then tell that he was feeling a little bit uncomfortable. So she smiled and looked back down at her plate. She smiled at his next question. "Oh well not many people know this but I have an evil side that I can relase when ever I feel like it. But I have very good control over it." Sammy said smiling at him so he doesn't think that she is relasing it anytime soon.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top