A Little Late - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Little Late - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Little Late

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Little Late - Page 3 Empty Re: A Little Late

Post by Landon Rooney Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:28 am

Landon sat silently throughout her speech. He was musing over different parts of it. Of course, fighting for someone you love was an admirable thing to do, but was it necessarily logical? If there had been one person who attacked a loved one, wouldn't the battle only be with that one single person? Not an entire group? That was his view of it anyways. There was no sense in making everyone pay for one person's actions...even if the rest were capable of the same atrocious behavior. Her question was a sensitive one. One which he wasn't sure how to answer. "Well, I would fight against anyone who tried to attack my cousin, that's a given. But that doesn't mean that I'd fight against an entire organization when only one person had attempted to harm her. Hatred for different people is something that has lasted throughout the ages, its not something that is just going to stop one day. That's both an idealistic and realistic dream...a nice one sure but there's no real reason to actually believe that will happen," he argued. He hoped she wouldn't find him heartless. He just wasn't dependent on his emotions...he was far more dependent on his logical skill.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 am

Sammy could tell that he had his own oppinions and she had her own. So this subject would most likely go around and around in circles if continued. So she shook her head in agreement and then thought of something else to talk about. Maybe she could figure out what kind of student her was. "So what kind of classes do you take her and which ones of them do you like?" She asked him wondering if she was starting to become to personal. She was very capable of doing so.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Landon was glad that Sammy saw the truth. The two were hardly going to come to an agreement, so they must simple agree to disagree unless they felt like having a full out debate. It seemed as though he wasn't the only one who didn't really want that to happen. He thought about her question for a moment. "Well, Alchemy is really interesting, a little time-consuming and difficult, but interesting nonetheless. Though I'm not sure if I would say it was my favorite," he mused aloud, stuck inside his own head for a moment. While he was trying to come up with a better answer he returned the question, "What about you?"
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Sammy smiled at him while she listened to him talking. She was glad that he continued on with her question, she was right to change the subject then. "Well I'm more into the DADA because I have gone against so many DE's or Ministry traitors that getting better at it will only help me." Sammy said then figured that she better say more or the conversation would end there. "I feel sorry for Sophia though. Since she is in the Seventh year she has so much more to do then the rest of us and adding on the rest of the things we do outstide of school, she must be pushing for time just to herself." Sammy added thinking about how much time Sophia and her actually spend together.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Apparently he had given a good answer or something, she was smiling now anyways. Which was always good. Her answer was predictable given her situation. He flashed her a small smile, "Yeah, I think I could have guessed that one," he told her honestly. Now genuinely interested in keeping the conversation going, "But aside from the obvious, which other classes do you enjoy? Or better yet, which ones do you hate?" School was always an interesting topic to him even though it bored the pants off of most people. When Sammy began talking about Sophia, Landon stiffened a little. He was already worried enough about her, he didn't need to add the chance of her burning out on his list. "She's always been good at biting off more than she can chew," he said jokingly even though he stated the truth. "But thankfully she's also always been good at making it through whatever she gets herself into." Landon scooped another forkful of food into his mouth, "I didn't realize you guys were so close," he mused aloud.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Sammy smiled while listening to him, she could tell that he liked talking about this, she was lucky. "Oh well I also like my transfiguration class. I like it, but that doesn't mean that I'm good at it. But I hate my potions class. I'm terible at potions." Sammy said to him wondering if he felt the same. She then frowned when he started talking about sophia. Sammy could tell that he really did love his cousin. Sammy decided not to tell him the details of most of their fights with the DE's and ministries. "Yeah Sophia is really good at the things we do together. But I try so hard to help her when she needs it and she helps me when I need it. That is what makes our friendship so great. Loyelty." Sammy said to him trying to cheer him up.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:51 am

He smiled, "Transfiguration is pretty cool, that's up there on my list as well. But I agree with you, I'm not all that great at it either." He grimaced a little before taking a bite of food. After he finished swallowing he added, "But Potions is one of my better classes. I don't particularly enjoy it but for some reason I'm good at it," he told her honestly. Potions was rather dull but he was good at reading directions and following them. "But hey, if you need help, I'm your man," he offered, flashing her a grin. He doubted that she would actually take him up on that offer but oh well. He felt more polite offering. He grimaced when Sammy told him that Sophia was good at what she did in the fights. "Loyalty has always been one of her greatest traits," he agreed. He couldn't help but ask, "She's okay in the battles, right? How worried should I be?" He couldn't help but ask. Sophia would lie to him in a heartbeat just so he wouldn't worry. Landon needed an honest answer.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:05 am

Wow he was offering to help her in Potions. He was good at potions, she should have figured, almost all slytherins where. But she did need the help. "Thanks, next time I need it I'll ask." Sammy said to him being polite. Sammy then regreted saying anything about Sophia. She could tell that he worried about her and Sammy was just adding onto the stress. "I'm not going to say that she is perfect at it, but she is deffinately beter at it than I am." Sammy said to him then quickly changed the subject again. "So have you found a girl around here that you like?" Sammy asked him hoping that he wouldn't take it as her flirting with him. It was just an honest question.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:13 am

He chuckled, "Good, I'll be here for you if you need it." Potions and Herbology were just those two classes which he didn't feel strongly for but had a natural talent in them. His parents kept pushing him to become a Healer because of this but he honestly didn't want to follow that path. It was just another obstacle he had to deny despite his parents. He felt sometimes as though he was a failure to the two prominent Death Eaters. Landon couldn't help but shake a little. He didn't like to think of Sophia in a fight. He knew she was strong and a good dueler but she was his cousin...and even though she was older than him he had always been protective of her. He just couldn't help it. He decided to go with Sammy's change of topic. He didn't want to think about Sophia getting hurt...or worse killed. He chuckled at her question though. "Nope, no one here has really interested me. They all seem rather...immature," he admitted. He knew it sounded pretentious but for someone who had gotten married at fourteen he was sure she would understand. "I may have to take a leaf out of your book and go for someone older," he added with a laugh.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:22 am

Sammy smiled at him when he joked but understood what he meant all the same. She had only fallen for Ne'Os because of his honesty and loyelty. So he had the same taste as her in life. She could tell that he could be a protential good friend and they had Sophia in common. "Yeah I can understand that. Maybe I should teach others how to love then?" Sammy said only joking, but she actually had no idea what she was going to do with her life after school. With the way her life was going she might not even finish school.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top