A Little Late - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Little Late - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Little Late

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Little Late - Page 2 Empty Re: A Little Late

Post by Landon Rooney Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:28 am

He was glad that she seemed to have finally warmed up to him. When he had asked her that question, he had meant it out of respect. His own parents hadn't been able to handle a child even when they had planned for it. He gave her an appreciative smile, "Honestly, from what I've heard you have done wonderfully. I can barely manage school on its own and you're two years my junior and handling much more than i am. Seriously, what you're doing is quite an achievement." He hated that she had mentioned the Order. He really hoped this wouldn't turn into a political discussion. If she knew about his family, a family full of Death Eaters she'd surely judge him right off the bat. He smiled when she asked about himself. "In accordance with your story, mine's rather boring. For your interest's sake, I'll stick to growing up with Sophia. Growing up with her has honestly made me who I am today. My parents are rather, erm, conservative," he told her, choosing his words carefully, "But she is one of my closet friends. I grew up as an only child and she was like the sister I've never had." He flashed her a smile before adding, "As you know Sophia is rather confrontational, I'm not. But she's made me realize that standing up for what you believe in is important." He tried to make the speech sentimental. But to be honest, he had no idea what he believed in. He just hoped she wouldn't ask him about it. "But besides being a mother, a wife, and a student, what truly interests you?" In honesty, he hadn't expected to find her as compelling of a person as she was. But he found himself involuntarily wanting to know more about her.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:38 am

Sammy was starting to think that he was becoming interested in her for odd reasons, but she didn't mind talking about herself. She could also tell that he didn't like talking about himself, he decided to talk more about Sophia. "Yeah I know she is, I like to think that I helped her alittle. If it wasn't for her having to save me so many times I don't know how she would have ever felt. But thats ok, Ne'os is always there to save me." Sammy said smiling as she listened to him more. "Oh well, I'm glad that you think I'm doing a wonderful job, I don't really have the time to sit down sometimes and ponder on that subject really." Sammy said him smiling. "Oh well before I answer that one, let me ask you a question. Sophia has a secret that only her friends and family know. Do you know it?" She asked him leaning closer to him so only her could hear her.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:45 am

It wasn't that Landon was only becoming interested in her because he despised talking about himself. He just found her more than captivating. She was a mother at fourteen, most hardly accomplished such a task. Most fourteen year olds who had children, he'd automatically register them as desperate whores. It was harsh but realistic. However Samantha didn't seem like that. He like ttat. Landon couldn't help but burrow his brow when Sam talked about being saved. "Well, I think you may assume I know more than I do. What do you mean by saving you?" He hoped he wasn't being too intrusive but he was a nosy person by nature. He wouldn't really actually apologize for asking questions.

He gave her a lopsided smile, "Well, you're doing better than my parents ever did. And they weren't even in school," he replied simply. He honestly wasn't looking for sympathy for how his parents treated him so he hoped she wouldn't give him that. His parents were more ambitious than anything. He both respected and detested that quality in his parental units. Was it weird that he referred to them as his parental units?

Landon crinkled his nose at that question. There were many family secrets but to which one was Samantha referring to? "Well, I'm afraid I can't answer that. There are family secrets which are kept to the grave, especially if they aren't my own. Give me a hint and I'll let you know if I'm in on that secret," he offered. He was trying to compromise. Landon wasn't one to give up information...he was far too loyal.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:00 am

Sammy blushed once again when she realized that Sophia probably doesn't like talking about having to save her. Who would like talking about that. "Well see I am on the DE's top list for killing or taking captive or something like that because my husband was once the head death eater. But he is now good and working for the Ootp. They are after him everyday, not to mention the minister trying to put him in Azkaban again because they think he killed some other country minister, which he didn't. But oh well. See Sophia has come to my rescue a few times when they have manage to kidnap me outside of hogwarts. But those are moments I don't like talking about." Sammy said waiting for his next question.

Sammy didn't like when kids talked about their parents in such a manner but she could also tell that he didn't like talking about them either, so she only shook her head in understanding and let him continue. Then it came to the secret question. His answer made her wonder how many secrets he and his family had. But she wouldn't push. "Well this one gave her about 150 extra years of life. Do you know that one?" Sammy asked wondering if she was getting herself in trouble by talking about Sophia's secrets.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 am

He couldn't help but noticing Samantha's blushing. To be honest, it was rather endearing. Throughout her whole speech he couldn't help but think selfishly about his cousin. Sohpia had put her own life on the line. While this was admirable, she had put her friends first before herself, it was still rather idiotic in his opinion. That was the problem with Gryffindors. They were so blindly willing to put themselves out onto to front line of battle that they hardly seemed to think of themselves. It was both an admirable trait but at the same time one that he looked down on. "Well, thankfully you haven't gotten yourself killed," he replied with a pause. "But I surely don't want to make you talk about something you have no desire to converse about," he said kindly. Obviously she had no idea that his parents were Death Eaters or she wouldn't be speaking so freely to him. Or maybe she did know...and she just chose not to judge him. If that were the case, he admired Samantha more than she could ever know.

Landon couldn't help but chuckle at her supposedly indiscreet hint. Adding more than a hundred and fifty years to someone's life? There was no other option than his cousin being a vampire. Nothing else added that many years. "Are you referring to her being a vampire?" he asked her rhetorically. "I do know that but if you're trying to keep something a secret, that's a pretty obvious hint," he told her lightheartedly. He hoped she wouldn't take his advice offensively. He could be rather blunt without meaning to be so.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:17 am

Sammy was greatful that he didn't make her talk about her unkind experiences. But she could see the confusion and pain on his face as she had talked about Sophia saving her. But that is what family is suppose to do when they find out that they where in danger. She could also tell by the look on his face that he was hiding something else. But she would ignore this for now. "Yeah that was what I was talking about. Well to answer you earlyer question. My biggest interest was the fact that I am one and that most of my friends including my husband is one. Did you hear about that fued between the Half Breed Resistance and the CoL? Well I was the co-owner of the HBR. I loved being in that. I hate that fact that I never got a chance to show those stupid Half Breed haters who they where messing with. But oh well, that is what I am most passionate about. What about you?" She asked him now a little out of breath. She reached over and took a sip of her drink.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:24 am

Landon, to be honest, wasn't up on his politics. He was too impassive to ever really and truly care about anything. Though he was curious about the organizations she was referring to. "How exactly did you show them what they were messing with?" he asked her. He hoped he wasn't being too nosy. He was just naturally curious by nature. And now he had the idea that anything involving Samantha involved Sophia...who was always in his top priorities to protect. She was one of the only people he had ever truly felt close to. When she asked him what he was most passionate about he was stunned for a moment. He truly wasn't passionate about anything. He had always believed that was both his greatest strength and biggest demise. "You know, I don't really know you, but I'm going to be honest with you about something," he leaned closer to her, "I don't really care about anything. I think a lot of people waste their time on things that just won't eventually matter in the long run." He paused. He hoped he wasn't offending her passions. "I know that's not true for everyone. I guess I just never found something I truly believe in," he admitted. Why was he opening up to this girl? He hardly knew her but he could sense that she was a good and understanding person.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Sammy frowned at his first question, she never did like talking about the stupid CoL. But he obviously didn't understand. "Well thats the thing, we never did get the chance to show them who they where messing with. See the whole reason that we started the HBR was because the CoL was hunting down and killing all Half Breeds. Well as I just told you, me and all my friends and family are Half Breeds, including your cousin Sophia. Well me and my husband came up with the HBR so as to fight the CoL and protect our friends and family and the future of all Half Breeds. My children should never have to live like that and that is why I wanted to fight the CoL so that them and all the wizarding world would understand that Half Breeds have hearts too." Sammy said out of breath again and taking a sip of her drink. Sammy then listened to him while drinking her drink and then understood why he didn't understand alot of the things that Sophia and her did together. "Well I'm not going to tell you how to live, but I will understand where you are coming from and offering you advice and help when ever you would like it. The fact that you don't really see the reason for passion in things like the stuff that Sophia and I do, is most likely something that you understand yourself and have no feelings of sharing." Sammy said to him watching her drink refill it's self, and taking another drink from it. For some reason talking this much always made her thirsty.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Landon Rooney Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Well this was something Landon wasn't used to. He wasn't normally moved by speeches about organizations and politics and that sort of thing, perhaps it was because it involved Sophia, but he actually felt sorry for them. He wasn't about to suit up and join the ranks or anything...but he could understand why they did. "I'm really sorry that you all have to go through that. I'm sure you'll prove yourselves soon," he replied, giving her a small smile. He didn't know if he honestly believed that but he certainly hoped that they would. He had never really had a problem with Halfbreeds...it was idiotic in his opinion. Samantha sure did drink a lot. But giving a little speech like that could certainly dry someone's mouth out no problem. He quirked his eyebrow at her when she analyzed him. He didn't really believe all of that was correct but it would be rude to point that out. He did so anyways. "Well, maybe that's the case but I just don't get the point in everyone fighting against each other. Fighting is just the wrong way to go about in order to get things done and it seems that is all anyone ever feels like they can do." He wasn't the world peace kind of guy, he wouldn't have had a problem with fighting if it had ever actually worked for the betterment of the society. The government was too corrupt...Landon was an Anarchist, though he didn't really know he was.
Landon Rooney
Landon Rooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Sammy smiled at the fact that he wished her good luck in her endevors. But he didn't know that they had disbanned and would never get the chance. So she dropped it. "Well I can understand that one, I felt the same way for a long time, but when that day came that one of my friends and family members had almost been killed, something inside of me just snapped. It felt like I wanted to rip the head off of anyone who would come across me for hating my kind. But of course I had all my friends and family to keep me from doing so. But that all ended when Mrs.Delacour became the stand in as Minister, she stopped the funding to the CoL and in turn stopped the whole thing. So now that that is over, I can concentrate on clearing my husbands name. See someone unknown has framed my husband for killing the minister of another country. So see with my husband in trouble for something so political like that, I can't just sit back and not help him just because its something to do with politics. I love my husband and that is why I care so much. Just the same that you would fight to save your cousin if need be. Right?" Sammy asked him wanting to make sure she was right.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top