I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 4 Empty Re: I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:40 pm

"I.." She faltered. His question was a good one, and made her sound more vain than she wished to believe she could be. A little v formed between her eyebrows as she considered it, feeling rather foolish. Regaining her wits, she realized what the issue actually was.

"Okay, so I'm sort of getting ahead of myself when I say this, because obviously we haven't made like.. plans for most things. I think I am, anyway," she corrected herself, sitting up a bit straighter. "But what's confusing to me is how you can have a family in the sense that... I mean, I don't want to have children with someone I'm not married to. I've seen what happens to those kids, and I always felt bad for them. I know things are changing, but people can be quite shit about it.

"I just don't want to feel like the mistress, either, I guess. I mean, as I said, I would actually rather like the independence. There would be good things about it," she accepted aloud. "I'm just... wary of the logistics. Is that weird? I haven't ever considered this before. I... I mean, what does Shylock say about it...?"

Adrienne felt properly mad. She couldn't believe she was basically asking advice from her almost-boyfriend's... lover. Merlin, how her lot in life had changed.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 4 Empty Re: I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Post by Everly Bardugo Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:52 pm

There was something oddly... comforting, Adrienne mused to herself, about feeling like she was in a position of some sort of power. She hadn't felt like that in ages. Years, possibly. But it was definitely the case as of late, so the feeling was quite out of joint with what she was used to.

She had never considered herself to be someone who wanted that, but as it struck her so suddenly, she couldn't really deny it. Perhaps the Ministry's laws had instilled her with that over the past few years. Or Kaiden. Either way, it felt surprisingly good.

"I mean, I knew that. I just.. wasn't really thinking," she admitted, shaking her head a bit. "But I don't know how to explain exactly what I mean. I think I would be torn between wanting equality and not wanting to think about it at all."

She hesitated briefly, knowing exactly what she wanted to say but reconsidering it for a moment. Adrienne knew better than to keep quiet about things that had a chance of frustrating him. Or, she felt she had learned the lesson at any rate.

"The likelihood of me fitting in as I'm supposed to with your family, at least at first, is... admittedly low. It would take a bit of teaching, so to speak. But I can't say that I would detest it. Which sounds mad, and probably is mad for all I know. I could figure it out. You know how highly I think of rules and tradition by now, probably."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:47 pm

Adrienne shrugged and nodded at his response, having more or less expected as much. She couldn't have said that she thought he would believe her to be anywhere near what his family was hoping for, after all. His questions didn't surprise her as much as they should have. What actually made her pause, though, was a brief, quiet little question in the back of her mind. Would she be allowed to ever have anyone else, too? What if things got bad at some point? What then?

That wasn't how she worked, though. She could never imagine herself as that type. But it was not lost on her that what she wanted more than anything just then... was stability. And he could provide that, along with allowing her much more freedom than Kaiden had.

"Yes," she said suddenly, a sharp pang of guilt in her chest cutting off anything else she would have said. Adrienne didn't know what exactly she felt for him, yet. But that didn't mean she couldn't find out.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top