I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 3 Empty Re: I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:57 pm

"It wasn't great," she conceded gently, nodding. She watched him as he continued, even knowing that he probably would prefer that she didn't. But it was one of those moments where she knew she ought to look away, but she just couldn't.

It hit her very suddenly that someone had probably written this moment - or, at the very least, something similar - into a Muggle film. But she reminded herself that this was not a movie, this was quite real and she needed to pay attention as he would have done for her.

Perhaps oddly, the thing that struck her as the most out of joint was the fact that he had gotten high. She didn't even know why that shocked her, but perhaps after he had introduced the idea of feeling interested in men it was comparatively less strange. She wasn't sure that she knew the man he spoke of, though, and she wasn't sure, either, if that made it better or worse.

For all of two seconds, she wondered what would have happened if she had stayed with Kaiden. Then she informed herself that she was mental and moved past that question. No good would come from those thoughts.

All she could do for a moment was blink at him. "... Alright," she replied finally. Adrienne didn't know what he wanted her to say. She couldn't come up with anything worth releasing into the air yet. Everything sounded offensive in her head, even if it wasn't really, and she couldn't brave up as she sometimes did on accident when speaking to him. "Would it help to just... say it all at once and have me wait..?"
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 3 Empty Re: I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:47 am

Her eyebrows lifted slightly at his response, happy with it despite the circumstances surrounding their conversation. She wasn't happy that he had been upset about it, per se, although it was nice to know that it wasn't just her. As he kept on, however, she pushed that aside in favor of taking in the new information he was giving her.

When the question dropped, she stared at him. There was a moment of shock, but when it fully processed she frowned.

"I don't understand," she replied. "How... I mean, How are you expecting me to take that? I'm not sure at all what you want. For me to... date you while you see someone else? That's... insane."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:17 pm

Adrienne wouldn't have believed him if Selwyn said he was surprised by what happened next. Her thoughts caught up to her,  and her temper went off as it had done a few times before. Something behind her eyes changed, turning cold.

"No, there's nothing wrong with finding multiple people attractive," she agreed despite her terse tone. "But this is me you're talking about. After what I just got out of, do you really think I would be comfortable with that? How could I trust you like that if - an hour later, you could be off with someone else? I don't even care who the person is."

Lifting a hand to her face, Adrienne let out a frustrated sigh. When she looked at him again, she shook her head. "I can't do that. If you want to know exactly what I'm thinking, since you said you can't tell? Well, ... it feels like you're more interested in the physical than in who I really am. It sounds like you don't know me at all. I just... I don't know, Sel. Maybe I should go."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Frustration brought out a more exasperated expression, and she couldn't help that she was bristling, even after he called her out.

"To be quite clear, your preference doesn't bother me. I don't care who else you're interested in. That doesn't upset me, or offend me, or anything like that. I've no right to feel that way. But you have to see why this is scary for me," she retorted, her plea evident not only in the way she leaned forward across the table, but also in her eyes as she looked at him.

"Open relationships are dangerous, particularly for someone like me. It isn't that it's you, or that it's whomever else you're interested in. I get the idea of caring for more than one person at once. I've read enough to know that it's entirely possible. I personally haven't felt it, but that doesn't mean anything, really. My point, though, is that people - as a rule - are pretty awful. And that may not apply to you, but it just as easily might down the road.

"And I don't mean that I think you're hiding things or.. lying or anything like that. I just mean that you might change your mind and not feel able to tell me. And I might meet your other person and not be able to deal with it. I can hardly deal with the idea of it, besides."

She set her elbows on the table, dropping her forehead against her upturned palms. "It's not the now that's scary. It's the later. The year or years from now, when you haven't made up your mind. When you haven't chosen one over the other. I can't do it forever. I refuse to, in fact." Lifting her head enough to look at him, she just frowned once more.

"No, I don't let people in. That's true. But that's because, in the end, every person I care about is going to go. That isn't something that's going to change. Either I'll have to leave, like I did with Kaiden, or someone else will. But there's no forever when it comes to people, and if I'm not the only one involved, that makes it twice as likely that I'll lose out."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:31 am

If she stared at him in shock, Adrienne didn't really feel that it was her fault. She had heard, she thought, about people who felt that way. Maybe she was imagining that to keep from being rude again. Or looking stupid. Probably both, really. It wasn't that the idea sounded impossible or that she felt offended by it. Really, the concept that he couldn't decide was a rather curious one. It wasn't... technically an insult.

Still, she pursed her lips and sat for a moment in silence, surprising herself by actually giving it a moment of genuine consideration. In the end, though, she accepted the fact that she had known her decision from the start.

"I understand the concept of loving more than one person. But, for me, someone is going to win out. Someone is meant to be my person. I believe that," she explained.

"Obviously, just because I feel differently doesn't make your way of caring for people wrong, it just... I don't think it would be enough for me. I'd like the independence it would grant, certainly, but in my head I see an eventual family. That's what I want for my future, regardless of who I choose. And I don't think I could help a family thrive or even succeed if it's confusing to me."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top